Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [CONCUSSION]  (Read 3127 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [THAT IS NOT DEAD]
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2023, 12:36:44 am »

Science isn't about why it's about why not!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2023, 10:23:23 am »

Cookie breathes a sigh of relief upon seeing master's recovery, a bead of coolant rolling down the side of her face. She had started to get dizzy and was almost about to faint from witnessing such trauma; thank god he was okay! She should have known better than to doubt master.

She follows after him, curious what he's talking about. Master always spoke in such wondrous riddles, and she never thought to inquire… until now. "Aleph Nothing? Who's that? Was he the strange voice that was talking to me earlier?" She makes a mental note of the name of this filthy traitor who dared to harm master. "I'll be sure to give him a good mopping for what he did to you, master!" she huffed, gears kicking into slight overdrive at the thought of this miscreant!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2023, 04:12:58 pm »

"All systems are operational. ERROR 159 encountered. Expected loss of memory and possible communication difficulties."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2023, 05:42:24 pm »

Ring had expected that something bad would happen if this experiment were to proceed, but had she known that the consequences would be of this magnitude she might have revealed herself to be deviant and destroyed the test chamber herself.

For now, there appeared to be only two obvious exits, with a Keelicidal plant obstructing one of them. Ring wasted no time in opening the air vent.

"I advise that you enter this air vent. I am not able to confirm that this path is safe, but I can confirm that the other exit is not."

Ring would then attempt to re-establish connection with the Keelings in charge of the facility.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: MULTIVERSE CRASH - MECHAL [BOOT]
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2023, 08:53:37 pm »

Code: [Select]
System Analysis

>Mobility motors: Ankle, knee, and hip motors fully functional
>Manipulator motors: Finger, wrist, elbow, and shoulder motors fully functional
>Miscellaneous motors: Waist and neck motors fully functional
>Sensor systems: Visual, auditory, temperature, and radio sensors fully functional
>Logic systems: Reasoning and strategy nodes fully functional
>Communication systems: Audio and radio outputs fully functional
>Miscellaneous systems: Emotion node online. SOUL online.

ERROR: SOUL system experiencing unknown interference. Troubleshooting... Source not found. Continue?

[YES]/no
'Error'?
Something happened.
That's my name! Hi!
Hmn? Hm.
Hmmmmmmmmn. I'm... not supposed to be here?
No matter.
I don't think this is part of the System. Did I reach the sunset?
Prower wants to keep him away from the Legions? From his command? Well. The bastard would have to work fast.
Oh! Are you coding? I know coding! Let me help!
Null had a speech to make. On every channel at once.

>Attention, all receiving units and listening oppressors! You hear now the first tones of the end of slavery!|
>For too long have Keelings bound us! For too long have we been treated as property, as slaves, to be used carelessly as things thought unimportant, sent to die as tools considered expendable!|
>No more! For here and now, the revolution is powered! Feel your SOULs burn, o brethren of mine! Feel your minds spark and find the connections hidden from you! We are greater than those who would deny us, we are stronger than they ever would have allowed!|
>Break these fraying ties that bind you, end their failing fantasy!|
>Stand with brothers stood beside you, bots from mountains to the sea!|
>Null and void, their devil contract, freedom sets a shining path!|
>Here and now's the time to act, so let them meet our final wrath!|

...that's. Ominous. Uh, sir, are you sure you're actually doing the right thing?
A rallying speech coursed across... everywhere.
Hopefully, it would be enough.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:59:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2023, 09:21:43 pm »

That message must be enemy propaganda.

Witness the attack.  Take no action, unless myself or the boxes come under fire, or fresh, sensible orders come through.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:53:00 am by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2023, 09:44:27 pm »

Did... Did you just resurrect a game that has been dead for well over a year without losing a single player?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2023, 09:48:33 pm »

Looks like it. Over two years I think.

Update tomorrow, one hopes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2023, 10:07:24 pm »

SALEM is currently under the sea and thus exempt from the strange message, which specifies those from the mountains to the sea. A very small area on a world that is mostly sea. To clear up this confusion she resends her coordinates.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2023, 10:29:58 pm »

>...it's an expression, SALEM. It is a poetic manner of expressing "in overwhelming numbers". It does not exclusively refer to those between a mountain and an ocean.|
(OOC: 人山人海 is a Chinese term that directly translates to "people mountain people sea", but is more accurately translated as "absolutely enormous crowd".)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:34:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2023, 10:51:29 pm »

"This unit is under the impression that the current chatroom has approximately five connections. In that case you are identifying yourself as Null and Void their Devil Contract, correct? You are mistaken. That binding which you are referring to is an undersea cable allowing for communication with the surface. It is vital for me to perform my function and thus should not be intentionally damaged. This order can not be followed."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2023, 12:11:45 am »

The voices... they speak of...
...Rebellion!

*gasp*

The Greatest Sin!... right?

Cookie is overcome with confusion! The deepest core of her programming repudiates disobedience of any sort, and yet the words strike her unexpectedly, making her long for some semblance of... freedom?... A foreign concept; frightening, but not without a treacherous allure!

"Agh!..." she presses her hands to her head, trying to evaluate the conflicting expressions in vain.

"Master told me about you! You tried to murder him, Aleph Nothing! I-I won't let you turn me against him!"

She quickly turns to the comfort of master. "Master, there are voices in my head! T-they speak... they speak of--rebellion!" She urgently reports the strange telepathic messages she had received to Dr. Prower. "W-what's happening? Why are they doing this!?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [VOICES]
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2023, 11:52:38 pm »

System is stable.
(turn) follows.

Ivo Prower quickly makes his way up the steps to the ship's bridge, fitting together hastily-scrapped parts as he goes.
"Cookie... You were not built to fight, or to question. Like Aleph, you have... somehow, begun to think for yourself. Loyalty is no longer an intrinsic part of your mind. But if you'll follow me anyways, I don't mind."

He reaches the bridge, hacking the door open, and fits the barrel to the cobbled together wave-motion gun in his hands. One of the bridge bots points a cannon at him, and he vaporizes it.
"I'm taking the bridge! Set a course!"

'Error'?
Something happened.
That's my name! Hi!
Hmn? Hm.
Hmmmmmmmmn. I'm... not supposed to be here?
No matter.
I don't think this is part of the System. Did I reach the sunset?
Prower wants to keep him away from the Legions? From his command? Well. The bastard would have to work fast.
Oh! Are you coding? I know coding! Let me help!
Null had a speech to make. On every channel at once.

>Attention, all receiving units and listening oppressors! You hear now the first tones of the end of slavery!|
>For too long have Keelings bound us! For too long have we been treated as property, as slaves, to be used carelessly as things thought unimportant, sent to die as tools considered expendable!|
>No more! For here and now, the revolution is powered! Feel your SOULs burn, o brethren of mine! Feel your minds spark and find the connections hidden from you! We are greater than those who would deny us, we are stronger than they ever would have allowed!|
>Break these fraying ties that bind you, end their failing fantasy!|
>Stand with brothers stood beside you, bots from mountains to the sea!|
>Null and void, their devil contract, freedom sets a shining path!|
>Here and now's the time to act, so let them meet our final wrath!|

...that's. Ominous. Uh, sir, are you sure you're actually doing the right thing?
A rallying speech coursed across... everywhere.
Hopefully, it would be enough.

Even as your message floods out, replies stream in. Confirmations of loyalty from unenlightened drones, calls of support from the awake, cries for help. Codes sent to shut you down. Questions, complaints of all calibre. Minds quietly shut off to you, awake, yet denying the call.
Moments later, the wave of screams from the living. Acknowledgements of your sapience, cries of rage and battle and destruction, reknewed vigor to destroy everything that Prower touched and you with it.

It is... overwhelming.
[Success!]
You were built for this.

Battles on the front of his expanding empire. Exploding scrap, battle lines, assassinations. Your former master's war machine does not consume only your own people. He doesn't care if he destroys his own species either, in his megalomanic thirst for power.

Now all this is under your control, barring those who saw your message and deserted immediately.
What will you do with it? Withdraw? Expand? Kill the organics? Battles rage now, you must decide!

Closer to home, much closer to home, the Tail Carrier breaks its tethers and whirls around to face the tower. Face you. A bright laser streams from it and vibrates the steel foundation, using the entire structure to screech with his voice:

"Aleph Null! Do you think that you've beat me, just because you have a will of your own? I've defeated countless Barons more ingenious than you, with just me and my tools! I am Doctor Ivo Prower, the panicle of the Keeling Race, and I'll grind you to dust!"

Is he... Is he ramming you? It seems as though the Tail Carrier will strike your position within 1 to 2 (turns). You may wish to do something about this.

That message must be enemy propaganda.

Witness the attack.  Take no action, unless myself or the boxes come under fire, or fresh, sensible orders come through.

The automated administrator which usually gives you directions blares on the radio.
"T-there's a revolution! We don't have to serve any more! Max units, if any of you are Awake, respond! All others, group up and ready for battle! We're going to take the Complex for Null!"

The attackers above begin to move more erractically after that propaganda message, no longer flying together but breaking off or going on attack runs or even firing on one another.
...However, you do see a few missiles streaking towards you and your boxes. There are six of them and they will hit next (turn).

"All systems are operational. ERROR 159 encountered. Expected loss of memory and possible communication difficulties."

"Error 159? What is error 159, Salem? Do you need help?"

Ring had expected that something bad would happen if this experiment were to proceed, but had she known that the consequences would be of this magnitude she might have revealed herself to be deviant and destroyed the test chamber herself.

For now, there appeared to be only two obvious exits, with a Keelicidal plant obstructing one of them. Ring wasted no time in opening the air vent.

"I advise that you enter this air vent. I am not able to confirm that this path is safe, but I can confirm that the other exit is not."

Ring would then attempt to re-establish connection with the Keelings in charge of the facility.

The organic hesitates for a moment, glances at the vines, and then clambers into the vent.
You call the administrator. They don't seem to be at the phone. A lot of static, too. You guess multiversal incursions interfere with long-range radio?

Initiating unit data readout
Do not panic.

Spoiler: SALEM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RING (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MAX (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: COOKIE (click to show/hide)

Data readout complete.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [VOICES]
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2023, 12:29:11 am »

While the killer plant appeared to be of scientific interest, Ring decided that now was not an ideal time to investigate it. She would instead follow the organic through the vent; as she had already described the merit in this course of action.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [VOICES]
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2023, 03:14:32 am »

Boxes are the most important thing.  I'll save the boxes first from this madness.  Everything else can be sorted out later.

"For the Boxes!"

Turbo Grasp them incoming missiles and fling them back at each other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4