Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [CONCUSSION]  (Read 3109 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [VOICES]
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2023, 03:35:00 pm »

"Damage to certain ultra-long distance communication and memory programs. It is unlikely to reduce SALEM's function in any practical way. No assistance is necessary."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2023, 04:06:24 pm »

So... Is this game still a thing?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2023, 07:25:56 pm »

Probably.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [CONCUSSION]
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2023, 02:43:18 pm »

While the killer plant appeared to be of scientific interest, Ring decided that now was not an ideal time to investigate it. She would instead follow the organic through the vent; as she had already described the merit in this course of action.
[Luck: Poor]
As you proceed, the keeling guard crawling ahead of you cries out, struck by thorns. Looking past him, you see the way ahead lightly obstructed by the tangle, roughly illuminated by the guard's flashlight. He reaches for his sidearm, and...
The energy gun flashes incredibly brightly, once, twice, thrice, and booms in the closed space; you feel the thin metal of the vent thrum beneath you.
[Failure!]
You mind buzzes with pain as your audio sensors are overwhelmed and screech at you terribly. You switch them off and look at the situation.
The vines ahead are burnt and dead, the vent itself sporting glowing holes from the weapon's discharge. The guard is clutching his ears and... probably crying, but you can't hear it.
[System Warning: Minor System Damage. +1 Sys. Strain.]

Boxes are the most important thing.  I'll save the boxes first from this madness.  Everything else can be sorted out later.

"For the Boxes!"

Turbo Grasp them incoming missiles and fling them back at each other.
[💖 📦🦾TURBO GRASP ENGAGED🦾📦 💖]

In a burst of sparkling exhaust, your appendages shoot out, trailing meters and meters of segmented limb. Distantly, you feel them each grip a missile. Now to redirect them.
[Failure!]
...It occurs to you that you were not built with aiming in mind. The two missiles you grabbed fly wide and strike nothing, and the remaining four bound for your yard continue on their way. Your arms, dry of energy, snap back to you.
[System Warning: Energy expended. +4 Sys. Strain]

[Luck: Terrible!]
[Failure!]
The first missile strikes you. Your sensors are just barely able to detect its armor-piercing warhead burst and send a chunk of blazing-hot metal through your hull, continuing through and punching a hole in your engine about the size of your engine. Your body shakes, trying to compensate for the damage as much as possible, but your energy will run out in just a few seconds...
[System Warning: Critical systems damage. +5 Sys. Strain]

"Damage to certain ultra-long distance communication and memory programs. It is unlikely to reduce SALEM's function in any practical way. No assistance is necessary."
No response. No response? That's not supposed to happen.
You ping the station and get a response. Your radio and cable seem to be functioning properly, but the Keeling operator on the other end isn't responding.

Initiating unit data readout

Spoiler: SALEM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RING (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MAX (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: COOKIE (click to show/hide)

Data readout complete.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: INDEPENDANT PROJECT - MECHAL [CONCUSSION]
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2023, 04:18:23 pm »

Ring
Given the circumstances, attempting to communicate verbally would be unlikely to go well. Ring checks the holes in the vent for possible new exits, and will alert the guard if there are any routes that seem safe.

In the event that the guard speaks, Ring will attempt to communicate by doing the following:
1. Make an educated guess on what they are trying to convey based on context, and the movement of their lips.
2. Inform them that my audio sensor has been compromised, and also repeat what I think they were attempting to say.
3. Ask the guard to confirm by nodding vertically or horizontally.

If the guard appears to be incapable of hearing anything and there is no other exit, then Ring will clear the dead vines obstructing the way using Endearing Kugelblitz Pocket while the guard is not looking.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2023, 04:21:31 pm »

The vines are rendered mostly a non-obstruction by being inanimate and crispy. Though it might be a good idea to remove them as they're still thorny.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2023, 04:55:51 pm »

I wonder if that is a result of the recent error I've experienced.

Maybe that malfunctioning robot from before cut my bonds despite my protests.

Keelings live between the mountains and the sea right? Maybe I should go check on the Operator.

I should definitely check up on the Operator now.

Hydrokenisis following the cable hopefully to where Amanda is before she's murdered by robots.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2023, 05:32:06 pm »

Ahh, so optimistic~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]