Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heart of the Void, a badly art'd Dungeon core ISG 2-1  (Read 2832 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of the Void, a badly art'd Dungeon core ISG 1-3
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2021, 12:28:05 pm »

Try to figure out what the white things on the surface are.
Spend 2 mana creating grass in our core room. Have our first slime eat half the newly made grass.

The grass probably dies without air, but our mana might keep it alive. A slime might be able to evolve if it eats enough of something.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 12:15:28 am »

The white things are skeletons.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 12:44:10 am »

The white things are skeletons.

Maybe we can animate them.  They’re probably too far away right now, though.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of the Void, a badly art'd Dungeon core ISG 1-4!
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 08:31:31 pm »

Let fill the hole the rest of the way with rocks.
Yes, and after that, try to convert the dirt into mana somehow. If we can use mana to create things, maybe the process can be reversed
Prediction: We gain mana from ambient life
Observation: Current mana/cycle appears to be 10

> Fill voidhole completely.
> After filling voidhole, create 5 slimes.
> Examine mana regeneration

+1

Also don't eat the dirt we'll need that for plants and stuff later, also to cover our core.
Try to figure out what the white things on the surface are.
Spend 2 mana creating grass in our core room. Have our first slime eat half the newly made grass.

The grass probably dies without air, but our mana might keep it alive. A slime might be able to evolve if it eats enough of something.

You start by following all that advice about filling in the void hole, though you are left wondering if the hole almost directly above your core could be a problem.
[-4 MANA]

Then you create five more slimes by your core, the new ones quickly start bouncing down the hall to the north.
[-25 MANA]

Next you try to Examine your Mana Regen, as you can only see what you have in your domain you take a smart idea! you force your domain into the status system so you can see it!
[-2 MANA]

Finally you take that advice about growing Grass to feed your first slime, the grass covers roughly a forth of the floor, the slime rolls in it but doesn't seem to have a way to actually eat it.
[-2 MANA]

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:06:44 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 08:49:33 pm »

We started with 63 mana, and spent 33, leaving us with 30. Regen of [+8, +12] left us with 54. +4 is left unaccounted for.

I propose a simple dungeon layout, with two rings of rooms, roughly equidistant between each other, the center, and the outer edge.

We should move ourselves before capping the vertical tunnel, in case we fail and the stone falls.

Add two more rows of stone to cap the end of our north tunnel.
Move ourselves two thirds of the way down that tunnel.
Cap off the vertical shaft with an arch of stone.

Optional science, if we still have mana:
Create a separate cluster of grass for 1 MP, across from the current grass.
Try to push 1 mana into the current grass.
Try to push 1 mana into one slime.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 11:56:12 pm »

Name self Cerilia

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2021, 04:42:11 am »

We started with 63 mana, and spent 33, leaving us with 30. Regen of [+8, +12] left us with 54. +4 is left unaccounted for.

I propose a simple dungeon layout, with two rings of rooms, roughly equidistant between each other, the center, and the outer edge.

We should move ourselves before capping the vertical tunnel, in case we fail and the stone falls.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2021, 11:29:57 pm »

I’ll give this one more day before I update.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of the Void, a badly art'd Dungeon core ISG 2-1
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 01:12:09 am »

You take note of the layout suggestion, but don't immediately work on it, you get to work on the rows of stone, then move yourself down the hall to where you think is roughly 2/3s of the way down.
[-10 MANA]

Then you patch up the ceiling over the room you started in, and work on some "science" - Sticking a unit of mana in your first slime makes it slightly larger, you believe it would attain an obviously larger size at "5" mana total. Sticking a unit of mana in the grass slightly changes its color, you can't make any predictions on when or how it could change.
[-3 MANA]

Name self Cerilia
[NAME ACCEPTED]
. . .there will certainly be no repercussions for that.
. . .

[PLEASE ACCEPT [1] OF THE FOLLOWING REWARDS]
[DUNGEON LAW: AND SO THEY SPOKE, AND WORD BECAME LAW, AND LAW BECAME UNBREAKABLE(allows you to establish Dungeon laws, laws establish and maintain the state of things within the dungeon)]
[DUNGEON COMMAND: NO BEING MAY DEFY A COMMAND FROM THEIR CREATOR, THEIR GOD(allows you to place specific commands on your creatures, commands may be more complicated)]
[DUNGEON ORDER: AND WITH A WORD, THE WORLD MOVED (allows you to easily and finely manipulate materials within your Influence)]
[[1] standardized evolutionary deviation simulation of up to 100 cycles, advancing one species of animal until up to 10 "levels" of development has passed, or a new unacquired species offshoot has developed]
[[1] standardized de-evolution simulation of up to 1000 cycles, developing one species into a more "primordial" or "primitive" type.]
[[5] random 'common' 'mortal' rank ANIMAL and or PLANT [DESIGNS] capable of surviving in current dungeon environment]
[[2] random 'uncommon' 'mortal' rank ANIMAL and or PLANT [DESIGNS] capable of surviving in current dungeon environment]

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:19:28 am by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 01:15:51 am »

> DUNGEON LAW: AND SO THEY SPOKE, AND WORD BECAME LAW, AND LAW BECAME UNBREAKABLE

Invisble forcefields to keep in the air!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 05:05:09 am »

> DUNGEON LAW: AND SO THEY SPOKE, AND WORD BECAME LAW, AND LAW BECAME UNBREAKABLE

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 07:34:41 pm »

+1
+1

But make that two forcefields.  We need an airlock so we can “space” people.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 08:56:10 pm »

Use DUNGEON EXAMINE on DIVINITY.
Pour another 4 mana each into the slime and the grass we changed last time.

[[2] random 'uncommon' 'mortal' rank ANIMAL and or PLANT [DESIGNS] capable of surviving in current dungeon environment]

Forcefield airlocks are tempting, but this is an easy source of void-capable monsters better than slimes, and we have to take it before making our dungeon inhabitable. We can't take it after force fields unless we hold off on filling the dungeon with air.
I'm undecided between the uncommon or the common option. This is slightly more risky, as we might end up with both picks being plants, but we might get lucky and end up with something able to move through space, like beetles that fly with psionics. Even if not, we should end up with something more esoteric than basic plants and slimes that we can science.
Common would be more likely to give us something useful for defense, and it would be useful to have better void-capable defenders than slimes in case someone breaks our asteroid.

I'd like to start digging our dungeon soon, so we can absorb the dead things on the surface. Does anyone else have an opinion other than my double ring design?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2021, 06:22:39 am »

The double ring sounds good to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]