Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39614 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report
« Reply #825 on: February 01, 2021, 06:02:07 pm »

Quote from: Mafia Message 16, ToonyMan
Being fake confirmed masons with Luckyowl would be an incredibly powerful position to be in I think. Especially because I doubt there's any other cops besides us
Yeah, about that...
Sort of interesting that I took on the SK cop towncore role that FoU had intended for Secretdorf.

Great game! Man, I think my biggest regret was not pushing the suspicion on ToonyMan earlier. For the most part I was pretty suspicious of him throughout the game. But if I was more confidence on my suspicion. I might've convinced everyone ToonyMan was mafia.
I think what really tick me off as TM as mafia was that he claimed our role to make himself look town. When the most town thing to do. Is to stay hush for day 1 THEN claim on day 2 with evidence at hands.
Why did you SK inspect me on Night 1?

I really

really

really

want to know

why you SK inspected me on N1

in a mod-confirmed we are not SKs mason chat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report
« Reply #826 on: February 01, 2021, 06:03:33 pm »

We're all confused on a lot of things.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #827 on: February 01, 2021, 06:05:59 pm »

Wow, We really would've lost. If wasn't for Secretdorf choosing ToonyMan. But still though? If ToonyMan inspected me as "town" you should've gone after TricMagic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 01, 2021, 06:37:50 pm »

Quote from: Mafia Message 226, NQT
Oh yeah my mistake, I just reread your claim.

Possible routes forward:

- claim you were probably framed by juice's power (risky to bring up, Tric might buy it though)
- try to reason with Lucky

... Reasoning with luckyowl?  :D

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 01, 2021, 06:55:20 pm »

(Remind me about this message after game end and I'll tell you something interesting.)

My ability was a challenge to use, but that was in no small part down to me being indecisive and not wanting to interfere with another townie’s ability.
The first draft of your role was a bit more complicated. 1-Shot Neighborizer Joint-Commuter. You would have been able to create a permanent quicktopic with your target, and from then on you could commute them and you every night.

... which would have been far too silly. Which funnily enough isn't why I removed it - I removed it because I thought there would be too many quicktopics around if I gave you that. And too much complexity.

Spoiler: Roles and Commentary (click to show/hide)

Aside from the setup design commentary I've already given, one thing I worked on was trying to accomplish the 'Mostly Vanilla' theme. To make something that would still feel like a vanilla role madness game that just stretched things a bit. That was why I stripped extra complexity from Caz's, Luckyowl's, and hector's eventual roles. I rated the roles with a 'ticks' system. 0 ticks was a strictly vanilla role, 1 tick was a role with a slight or moderate twist that didn't push too far, and 2 ticks were roles that would feel deliberately out of place, but not to an absurd or dangerous extent.

I wanted the majority of the roles to be 0 ticks or 1 ticks, and 1 or 2 roles to have 2 ticks, and I think I managed that.

By the way, I was perfectly willing to just make a non-SK masons group without any SK actually being present, so don't try to say I'm not going to be evil in my setup design, because I will pull something nasty like that sooner or later.

I even gave 4maskwolf a little bit of flavor indicating his presence in the game's flavor world, if not the actual game. If Toony, 4mask, and Secret all compared their flavor, they might notice some connections. Not something that could really happen in the game, but it might be funny to read it now.

Finally, the chats. All in a neat column.

Mafiachat.

Vengemason chat.

FBI chat.

Deadchat.

Spoilspec.

Thank you all for playing. I hope you had a fun time in the game, and I hope to see you in the next major game I run, even if it'll be months from now. Thanks for making me have as much fun modding as you did playing.

Honorable mention to ToonyMan to appearing so incredibly town while being so incredibly not.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 01, 2021, 07:07:11 pm »

Quote from: Mafia Message 16, ToonyMan
Being fake confirmed masons with Luckyowl would be an incredibly powerful position to be in I think. Especially because I doubt there's any other cops besides us
Yeah, about that...
Sort of interesting that I took on the SK cop towncore role that FoU had intended for Secretdorf.

Great game! Man, I think my biggest regret was not pushing the suspicion on ToonyMan earlier. For the most part I was pretty suspicious of him throughout the game. But if I was more confidence on my suspicion. I might've convinced everyone ToonyMan was mafia.
I think what really tick me off as TM as mafia was that he claimed our role to make himself look town. When the most town thing to do. Is to stay hush for day 1 THEN claim on day 2 with evidence at hands.

I really

really

really

want to know

why you SK inspected me on N1

in a mod-confirmed we are not SKs mason chat.

::) you told me to. Don't short circut. ToonyMan,

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 01, 2021, 07:30:11 pm »

LuckyOwl, Toony claimed to have a full alignment inspect, not just an SK inspect. You should have realised there was no point you inspecting Toony with an SK-inspect when the mod said you both weren't SKs. That make sense?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 01, 2021, 07:41:02 pm »

LuckyOwl, Toony claimed to have a full alignment inspect, not just an SK inspect. You should have realised there was no point you inspecting Toony with an SK-inspect when the mod said you both weren't SKs. That make sense?
I'll be honest here and say... Uh... I thought it was obvious that Luckyowl and ToonyMan both had SK-inspects? I was confused why they used it on each other N1, but I just assumed both of them were... uh... not thinking straight?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 01, 2021, 07:47:18 pm »

I'll be honest here and say... Uh... I thought it was obvious that Luckyowl and ToonyMan both had SK-inspects? I was confused why they used it on each other N1, but I just assumed both of them were... uh... not thinking straight?

Nah, for me. It was confusion, on ToonyMan, it was just him trying to look town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 01, 2021, 10:31:01 pm »

Spoiler: Role-PM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Actions (click to show/hide)

Favorite Quotes:
The survivor claim would explain Secredorf's actions in chat.
An amazing (unintentional?) slip that implicated Juicebox with Secretdorf. Should have pursued this.

Yes, yes, he's a 'fruit vendor'. You ever hear of the fucking witch in storybooks giving out poisoned apples? No?
I'm thinking web is SK, and he gave hot-dogs to people but couldn't kill anyone. But hotdog vendor SK sounds unlikely. Who does everyone think is SK?
And thus the doubts of "SK hotdog vendor" were born.

Perfect, then I know exactly what you did last Night, Toony. Which should confirm that ToonyMan is Town.
100% Confirmed Town.

Quote from: Vector Deadchat
If Toony is mafia I'll eat my hat.
Quote from: FallacyofUrist Deadchat
Better get eating, Vector.
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING
Toony I'm never trusting your affable demeanor again :I
Apparently I'm relaxed and aloof as mafia. Should do that more as town.

I suspect, ToonyMan, TricMagic, and Webadict to be the scum team. Meaning, only me, NQT, and SD is town. Our vote will tie. So I'm basically done with this game. All I ask to not make this too long.
Luckyowl
It's over. Town has lost.
Lucky casts self-destruct.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 10:33:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 01, 2021, 10:51:21 pm »

I mean, I had the scum team as my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks.  Still wrong about Hector.

And being so far right doesn't help a damn bit if you can't bring a lynch on someone.  Convincing the town's one of my weak points.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 02, 2021, 12:45:21 am »

Oh hey, I forgot to dump down the action history.

Spoiler: Warning, Messy (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 02, 2021, 01:02:45 am »

Shame we won't get to read the action PMs themselves. From what I've seen from Toony, you put some good effort in the flavour.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 02, 2021, 04:19:33 am »

1: Did you have fun with the game?
2: Did you enjoy the flavor?
3: Did you like your role?
4: What do you think about the setup balance?
5: Any other comments?
1. Yes.
2. Yes, it was great. I'll try to post my night actions and role PM as soon I can.
3. Yes, very happy :D .
4. 1 SK with no kill against two FBI agents is a bit unfair.
5. Thanks for the game?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 02, 2021, 04:53:13 am »

Spoiler: Role PM (click to show/hide)
I'll post night actions later.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57