Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39847 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #450 on: January 25, 2021, 06:03:24 pm »

Caz thinks the scumteam is you, me, and LO, Wubba.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:06 pm »

Ok, I instinctively believe that is impossible. LO with you two?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 25, 2021, 06:13:45 pm »

Ehhhh I may rescind my intention to hammer just now, end of day antsiness is kicking in.

Vector

Oops, thought I had already posted this.

Yes, I have a targeted action.

For D1, I'm willing to trust you, Wubba. I can buy Caz and Juicebox as scum. I would guess the 3rd is LuckyOwl over Hector (and I'm town BTW 9_9). It's mod-WIFOM but if I were designing this game I would really want a townie and a member of the scumteam in the same non-SK masonchat.

Still, what this is looking like for me is a Caz or juicebox lynch by process of elimination. I prefer Caz (am only not voting due to not knowing where we are WRT hammer) because they are probably more dangerous as scum. Toony can try to confirm LO and then we can figure out what's going on with juicebox.

Considering you were pushing for a juicebox/Toaster lynch earlier, and you now can't push Toaster, what makes you think Caz is the better lynch over juicebox?

You initimated earlier you have no issues with policy lynches; juicebox has lurked their way through D1, and lynching lurkers is like, the proto-policy lynch. Even more so  when you think the lurker is scum.

What is more dangerous about Caz's play, that has attracted a bandwagon a few hours prior to the end of the day, and very likely a lot of night actions should they survive, versus a lurker who has attracted little attention so far?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 25, 2021, 06:33:18 pm »

@Caz:
ToonyMan
Yeah I agree with this. It also really bothers me that Caz thought Web and Vector "might be masons"?
This comment really comes off odd to me, Caz?
What bothers you about it? Is it the totally spooky way that everyone started claiming masons afterwards?
Yes.

At least it isn't as bad as BYOR was recently. Also, that type of explosion I see and just ignore as best I can. It doesn't really do anything productive for others.
It's a lot of crap. It puts people off playing the game, and is just a cheap emotional tactic (read: scummy as all hell). I have no idea why people in this game think that it's okay. Couple that with the laziness of wanting to policy lynch LuckyOwl (I almost typed IronyOwl here, sheesh. Whatever happened to them?) and the whole thing about wanting to wait for Vector (excuse to do nothing, then an excuse to have a pointless argument when they arrived), oof, why are you NOT voting webadict?

Yes, yes, he's a 'fruit vendor'. You ever hear of the fucking witch in storybooks giving out poisoned apples? No?
Do we need to watch out for poison in this game as well?

Pretending that roles conflate with alignment, why?
Both masons and 'fruit vendor' (now that I looked it up, appears to be very cute) aren't restricted to town alignment.
You wanting everyone to reveal their role day 1 is hilariously scummy and if the rest of the town can't see it, that's their loss.
I don't think you want to claim because you know it will incriminate you as scum.

@Webadict:
Sorry for the outburst before. You're right, it was out of line. I got irrationally angry because I saw what was probably a Town player being very scummy and unnecessarily combative, and that's my thing, and I couldn't really begin to explain where and how what they were doing was wrong, because they were also Town, but also only voting for Town. That's a dumb reason to get angry, but they were on the path to losing and leading everyone down it, and I probably should've explained that better than I did.
Good.

As a forewarning:
This day ends really late for me (like 3am) and I have work tomorrow so I'm not going to be up for the deadline.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 25, 2021, 06:39:38 pm »

Antsiness is just my fear of being wrong getting in the way.

The questions I asked Vector still pique my interest though.

Day ends late for me too, I’ll be sleeping probably 3-4 hours prior, but I certainly won’t be doing anything major between now and bedtime either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2021, 06:40:05 pm »

That’s major in terms of the game, I mean.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2021, 06:48:48 pm »

I'm willing to hammer. Obviously I'm not going to quickhammer. Learned from BYOR.

Considering you were pushing for a juicebox/Toaster lynch earlier, and you now can't push Toaster, what makes you think Caz is the better lynch over juicebox?

You initimated earlier you have no issues with policy lynches; juicebox has lurked their way through D1, and lynching lurkers is like, the proto-policy lynch. Even more so  when you think the lurker is scum.

What is more dangerous about Caz's play, that has attracted a bandwagon a few hours prior to the end of the day, and very likely a lot of night actions should they survive, versus a lurker who has attracted little attention so far?

If we're looking at a Caz/juicebox/LuckyOwl team, Caz is the brains of the operation and we should handle that first. Caz's defense above doesn't look good. Over "we've got nothin'" (juicebox) and "is the brains of the operation + we have lots of interactions to work with," and in the absence of other information, Caz is the better lynch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2021, 06:54:47 pm »

Ding dong! Delivery of one Mamobo!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 4 - juicebox*, Secretdorf*, notquitethere*, ToonyMan*,
hector13 - 0 -
juicebox - 1 - Vector*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
SHAD0Wdump - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - TricMagic*,
webadict - 2 - Luckyowl*, Caz*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - webadict*, Toaster*, hector13*, SHAD0Wdump*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 26, 2021 at 02:00 CST (8 hours and 4 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2021, 07:00:13 pm »

OK, guess it's not gonna be hammer. Let's put my vote where my mouth is: Caz.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2021, 07:03:15 pm »

Mamobo knows some magic!

Lurker Track
------------------------
Caz - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Last post was 1 hour ago.
hector13 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 Last post was less than an hour ago.
juicebox - 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last post was 4 hours ago.
Luckyowl - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Last post was 18 hours ago.
notquitethere - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last post was 4 hours ago.
Secretdorf - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 Last post was 6 hours ago.
SHAD0Wdump - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Last post was 5 hours ago.
Toaster - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last post was 4 hours ago.
ToonyMan - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last post was less than an hour ago.
TricMagic - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Vector - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last post was less than an hour ago.
webadict - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2021, 07:11:45 pm »

So, I... went after both of my teammates? That seems really silly. I could see one of them, probably Lucky, but I'd have no reason to go for you, since I literally voted you for intuition. I mean, maybe as a way to draw suspicion away from you, but... Uh, that's too WIFOMy for my blood. Plus, I'd be beatboxing with you or something instead, and it'd be awesome.

I can easily see webadict as scum-ally. Then again, you are also under suspicion Caz.

What do the votes look like right now Mamobo?[Webadict, mind bringing it up]
Fair, but then I'd be against creating a literal Town team here, and I'd likely be pitting the two Mason teams against each other. It'd be easy, since I could say that Luckyowl and ToonyMan aren't confirmed like SHAD0Wdump and Toaster, but they're also only confirmable to each other. It's silly to think I'm third party. Hunting third parties is a scum activity. Just hunt for scum or Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 25, 2021, 07:40:23 pm »

Alright guys, ask me whatever. Let me prove myself Town. Whatcha want? Lay it on me. I've got the same issue as ToonyMan and hector13, so I also won't be here at Day end, and I'd rather clear the air here about whatever. I don't have anything to hide. I'm pretty well-set on who I believe is Town and who is scum.

@Caz: Do you really think that the scumteam is comprised of Vector, Luckyowl, and me? Got any fourth place picks? What would you say about ToonyMan, if you think Luckyowl is scum?
@TricMagic: Why you gotta play me like that? Am I just gonna be suspicious for being me? Fair enough, but you're gonna be disappointed if you can't trust people. Who's my teammates if I'm scum?
@Vector: Why do you think Luckyowl is scum? Do you have a fourth place pick? If you think Luckyowl is scum, what about ToonyMan?
@hector13: What do you think about most people not suspecting you in spite being part of the "scum" six? Who's your scum team?
@notquitethere: Same as hector13.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2021, 07:56:15 pm »

I specifically suspect you to be scum-ally, hence you don't have a team to talk to.

The shift to Caz from you is a bit weird though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 25, 2021, 08:02:20 pm »

Right, I don't want to end the day just yet even though we're close to the end and I won't be around for it, but frankly I'd be voting for Caz if that weren't the case.

Vector

I'm willing to hammer. Obviously I'm not going to quickhammer. Learned from BYOR.

If we're looking at a Caz/juicebox/LuckyOwl team, Caz is the brains of the operation and we should handle that first. Caz's defense above doesn't look good. Over "we've got nothin'" (juicebox) and "is the brains of the operation + we have lots of interactions to work with," and in the absence of other information, Caz is the better lynch.

What makes you think Caz is the brains of the operation? No offence to Caz here, but as you say they're not doing a good job of making themselves look like a bad lynch, or finding someone else to lynch: their vote is currently on webadict for a policy lynch (that I don't disagree with, but I would prefer to not policy lynch now we have a great deal of information, for good or ill) and they've presented little evidence for actually thinking webadict is scum. Not something I would consider big brain moves.

PPE: damn juicebox six posts?

Like, if someone is the brains, they're in charge, and would look to blend in more, as juicebox appears to be doing. There's little to connect them with anybody else given they've only voted one time so far as I can tell (Caz, second on the current wagon...) and their posts are either RVS stuff at the start or responses to questions or explanations for their absence.

Like... I get wanting informative lynches. Lynching Caz would be my choice here for precisely that reason. However, you wanting to lynch juicebox earlier and then sliding onto Caz sits uncomfortably for me.

What are your thoughts on juicebox voting for Caz? Does juicebox's position as number 2 on the wagon mean anything to you?

PPE again:

webadict

@hector13: What do you think about most people not suspecting you in spite being part of the "scum" six? Who's your scum team?

Eh, I think I've redeemed myself to some extent from day start. I haven't been particularly fantastic at this one, but I've poked and prodded, given reads here and there, and provided my opinion on some of the more pertinent goings on of the day (you telling me off at the start, Tric's claim, Shadow's interactions, that kinda thing) so while people may not have been interested in me I think I've been open enough that they don't necessarily have to be.

I'm not sure about the scum team. It's some combination of Caz, juicebox, NQT, Vector, and maybe Luckyowl, in approximately that order.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 25, 2021, 08:13:36 pm »

@Vector: Why do you think Luckyowl is scum? Do you have a fourth place pick? If you think Luckyowl is scum, what about ToonyMan?

I doubt that LO and TM have the same alignment. TM seems town to me based on overall behavior -> suggests to me LO is scum. I also think that the bandwagon converging on Caz and Caz throwing out me (town) you (I think probably town) and LO as scum is an interesting choice, because panicked scum could see this as a way to keep LO off the fire post-flip.

I'm not gonna go back and make a huge case on why I think LO is more likely unless I hafta, but I thought that LO's jumpiness when I said they were a good policy lynch was telling, given that anyone and their dog would know that I've been repeatedly posting "Yikes" in their LYLOs. My game designer gut likes LO x TM chat at cross purposes, too.

I wouldn't say that I have a high-quality fourth pick. If Caz somehow flips town, which I'm seeing as highly unlikely at this point, I think the first person I would look into is NQT, due to their starting the Cazwagon rolling in its present iteration. But I would be somewhat at loose ends.

I'll probably also be a couple hours asleep at deadline, so personally, I'd like to call for a hammer instead of letting the deadline run out.

What makes you think Caz is the brains of the operation? No offence to Caz here, but as you say they're not doing a good job of making themselves look like a bad lynch, or finding someone else to lynch: their vote is currently on webadict for a policy lynch (that I don't disagree with, but I would prefer to not policy lynch now we have a great deal of information, for good or ill) and they've presented little evidence for actually thinking webadict is scum. Not something I would consider big brain moves.

PPE: damn juicebox six posts?

Like, if someone is the brains, they're in charge, and would look to blend in more, as juicebox appears to be doing. There's little to connect them with anybody else given they've only voted one time so far as I can tell (Caz, second on the current wagon...) and their posts are either RVS stuff at the start or responses to questions or explanations for their absence.

Like... I get wanting informative lynches. Lynching Caz would be my choice here for precisely that reason. However, you wanting to lynch juicebox earlier and then sliding onto Caz sits uncomfortably for me.

What are your thoughts on juicebox voting for Caz? Does juicebox's position as number 2 on the wagon mean anything to you?

OK, to be clear: I think Caz is a better scum player with more experience than juicebox, and definitely more so than LO. Hence "the brains." I personally see active, aggressive scum as more dangerous than lurky scum, because B12 loves activity and hates lurkers (see: FallacyofUrist from last game). If juicebox is town then they're a great target for the NK, while if Caz survives the lynch as town, they aren't such a great target because they'd be a main wagon at day end hence intrinsically suspicious going forward. Juicebox and Caz are both problematic -> I think it's better given these factors to take out Caz.

Also: to clarify my feelings about policy lynches, for me flipping coins at LYLO or dragging it out just to make someone suffer is kind of up there with, I dunno, PMing unsanctioned by the mod or whatever. I believe in punishing sadism over lurking.

Juicebox is a bonafide lurker and, shall we say, extremely suspicious because of it. But if we look at Caz's defense and unwillingness to claim ANYTHING at L - 2, I think we've hit scum. A scum in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57