Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO  (Read 20659 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2021, 11:15:58 am »

I was pretty sure Toony was town because a) he led the lynch on TricMagic day one and b) webadict was clearly setting up for a LuckyOwl vote on day three - if Toony were mafia it really looked like he could've won just by following webadict and voting Owl.

There is a lot of pressure when you're the deciding vote and it can be tempting to just abdicate all responsibility and leave it to chance, but that ultimately turns the game into a farce. You should weigh up the arguments for each possible scenario in your head and decide which one is more plausible to you. In addition I'd say that if you don't have any questions to ask of the other players you should probably try to come to a decision and end the game even if the deadline is a long way out - it's unlikely that waiting will make your decision any better.

Personally I would rather the final player comes to a decision using their reasoning and gets it wrong. That way it comes down to the strength of arguments and critical reasoning skills rather than chance.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2021, 11:18:59 am »

After some indecision as a spectator, Toony eventually convinced me that he was town. Especially as I didn't think Wuba's "let me hammer" made sense psychologically for town.
Wha? I definitely would've done that as Town. Which hammer moment are you even looking at? Day 1? Or Day 3? Both are solidly in Town!web style. The start of Day 3 was the real clue into me being scum. Had I not been in a second game, it would have gone much differently. Being wishy washy was the issue, but I didn't have time to pick a player to vote. I was just stalling time and not discerning things out, which is a definite problem.
I'm not sure what you should have done. Leaving me alive (who thought you were mafia if Caz flipped town) and leaving Luckyowl alive (who thought you were mafia at D3 start) meant that you would have to decide on one person and try hard to convince the other.

If you voted me, then we would have ended up with nearly the same lylo situation.

If you voted Luckyowl, I would probably have voted you regardless. But then Luckyowl would need to decide who to hammer anyway. Wait that's wrong, I would become confirmed town. Luckyowl knows they're town. So he would end the game immediately, I hope.

Yes, that Luckyowl.

Spoiler: Lucky "Two-Face" Owl (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:20:35 am by ToonyMan »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2021, 11:39:32 am »

I'm thinking D3; what seemed off was that your play was focused a lot on talking to Toony. That's a waste of time regardless of alignment, but it might look like productive content to someone like LO..

what?!lol. Webadict's rant wasn't productive at all. I said many post ago I had enough points to vote. I was going to vote Webadict then he went into that... and well..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I only stopped it because I saw ToonyMan was getting worn out.

Another thing someone should point out is that my day 1 play is the exact same thing from my previous play in 12.5. If you compare Web's reaction to my self-vote with this one and 12.5. You'll notice, he acts more town there, then in this one.

12.5: Web confirm me as town and want to know what other think about it.

13: Web leads a lynch towards me and was going to hammer me.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2021, 11:45:07 am »

Webadict: Now the game is over, what was really your plan? Were you going hammer me then I Vk you to free you from this game?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2021, 11:47:38 am »

Caz: uh..sorry for that random hammer and that now lame one liner I did. :-\. I really thought you were the FB.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2021, 12:09:40 pm »

Webadict: Now the game is over, what was really your plan? Were you going hammer me then I Vk you to free you from this game?
? There was no plan. I was gonna lynch you because you were a useless member of the Town. That was the plan. Whether you VK me or not wasn't my concern.

The point was that if I hammer, I have control over the process, and if anyone scummily voted, we can swap to them. Just happened to be TricMagic, which was a very silly vote. Had Caz or ToonyMan done the same, we would have lynched them. Consider it a two-part trap. You unvoting aas incredibly scummy because it showed you to no longer care about the plan. Your only defense was to vote TricMagic because their vote was lazy.

The point was that I'm Town. That is always the plan.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2021, 12:20:11 pm »

Just happened to be TricMagic, which was a very silly vote. Had Caz or ToonyMan done the same, we would have lynched them.

You're right. Luckily I somehow ticked TricMagic off to vote so rashly.If it wasn't for that. I might've mislynch Caz or ToonyMan.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2021, 12:23:23 pm »

okay okay. I think you guys are overeacting here. I mean, life is nothing more than a coin flip. So what's the big deal with using a coin to decide your fates?

Wow. 

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2021, 12:24:49 pm »

okay okay. I think you guys are overeacting here. I mean, life is nothing more than a coin flip. So what's the big deal with using a coin to decide your fates?

Wow.

Amazing right?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2021, 12:27:20 pm »

Wow.

Amazing right?

I'm not even mad, just disappointed. 

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2021, 12:29:06 pm »

Wow.

Amazing right?

I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

-father

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2021, 12:33:43 pm »

Have you ever been mafia luckyowl?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2021, 12:36:53 pm »

Just happened to be TricMagic, which was a very silly vote. Had Caz or ToonyMan done the same, we would have lynched them.

You're right. Luckily I somehow ticked TricMagic off to vote so rashly.If it wasn't for that. I might've mislynch Caz or ToonyMan.
You lynched me overnight. I was thinking of an idea of the morning to post and push a lynch on you, but never got the chance to.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »

Have you ever been mafia luckyowl?

not yet. But one day. one day...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2021, 12:37:58 pm »

You lynched me overnight. I was thinking of an idea of the morning to post and push a lynch on you, but never got the chance to.

At least you got to make a post...  ???
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20