Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO  (Read 20663 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2021, 10:20:01 pm »

I don't want to be alive for lylo anymore.

ah, cheer up. Aren't you glad that you won?
The worst part is I don't think you really understand why we're upset.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2021, 10:20:42 pm »

I don't want to be alive for lylo anymore.

ah, cheer up. Aren't you glad that you won?

I'll quote 4maskwolf in scum chat.

KILL ME!!!!!!

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2021, 10:23:17 pm »

okay okay. I think you guys are overeacting here. I mean, life is nothing more than a coin flip. So what's the big deal with using a coin to decide your fates?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:51 pm »

Probably that they're spending a whole lot of time and effort trying to convince you, assuming that you're going to use a good faith effort and play to win.

But then you drag the day out and after dragging things out while people have other things they could do, you just decide on a coin flip on the end? Yikes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2021, 10:27:59 pm »

well...dang.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2021, 10:30:33 pm »

If you wanted to decide on a coinflip, just... do it sooner. End our misery.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2021, 10:31:28 pm »

Fucking Rorschach over here, Two-facing us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2021, 10:33:11 pm »

you flip coin -> wubba flip table (╯° °)╯︵ ┻━┻
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2021, 11:02:01 pm »

This is why I shortened my game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2021, 11:05:16 pm »

Luckyowl, you suspected Webadict from the moment Day 3 started. Why didn't you decide sooner? Your reasoning was dead on.

I think you can be a really good player if you become more decisive with your feelings and thoughts. You have a 100% win rate in Vengeful so far, which is honestly really impressive.

You're right. I tend to suffer the whole putting the pressure onto a player in fear of them being town. My brain seriously start coming with crazy ass theories and I start to get paranoid. I'm sort of like Caz, but try not to blurt out my paranoia thoughts. Which honestly led me to my death in BP3. Lying about a suit to see if there's actually a dead chat when the dead chat was already confirmed many times. I just didn't have the confidence or faith to believe it to be true.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2021, 11:12:10 pm »

Which is honestly why I do crazy shit. I just want hammer these paranoia thoughts away and try to take control of the field. Even if it's just for a little.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:34 am »

great game guys

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2021, 05:21:47 am »

After some indecision as a spectator, Toony eventually convinced me that he was town. Especially as I didn't think Wuba's "let me hammer" made sense psychologically for town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2021, 11:09:32 am »

After some indecision as a spectator, Toony eventually convinced me that he was town. Especially as I didn't think Wuba's "let me hammer" made sense psychologically for town.
Wha? I definitely would've done that as Town. Which hammer moment are you even looking at? Day 1? Or Day 3? Both are solidly in Town!web style. The start of Day 3 was the real clue into me being scum. Had I not been in a second game, it would have gone much differently. Being wishy washy was the issue, but I didn't have time to pick a player to vote. I was just stalling time and not discerning things out, which is a definite problem.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2021, 11:13:16 am »

I'm thinking D3; what seemed off was that your play was focused a lot on talking to Toony. That's a waste of time regardless of alignment, but it might look like productive content to someone like LO..

(I don't think that it was a deliberate calculation on your part to do that, just patterns players fall into.)

Now it might just be because you were more busy, but Toony definitely showed more determination to dig back and analyse and convince than he did when he was scum in the same position last game.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20