Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Game End- Town Victory  (Read 12685 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Day 1-The Heist Is Afoot.
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2021, 09:27:19 am »

The ICs hadn't received role PMs yet. So I can't understand how all of that makes sense. If Rose was mafia, she might have been confused about her being the only person in scumchat?

I don't think mafia will slip up. Right now a lynch would give us quite some information. I'd be fine with lynching any out of {Web, Rose, Vector}. But I don't get why Vector is more likely to be scum. So I'd prefer a Web lynch. If they are town we could lynch Vector because I am town and the 3p setup confusion thing makes me slightly rule out a Luckyowl/Rose scum team. After that it will be between us newbies though. What do you think about this plan? I see no reason to not act on it.

Remember we were rerolled. I was specifically given "Town IC" whatever that is. And also If web is town then Mafia win when we equal the mafia. So again do you think the mafia had slipped up?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2021, 09:38:21 am »

Here's another question: how did you get from this:

In both of your teams, you advocate for Rose, then, yes? I'd be willing to test that out.

to this?

Rose

Webadict.
I'm using the color scheme laid out in the opening post. I do believe that Rose is slight Town favored for the reasons laid out before. I do not see how that fails what I said here either, especially given that the first lynch is free, a point I have continued to espouse several times now. In fact, there are two players for whom the first lynch is not free: the Mafia.

If anything, this feels like intentionally misconstruing my words to fit a narrative, along with OMGUS voting me for suspecting you. Truly, I am shocked and dismayed.

@Luckyowl: The first lynch is free, remember. That's why I'd like to test it on Secretdorf. They're the only one who did not mention the 3p setup confusion, and this points towards a Secretdorf/Vector team. Vectors reactions definitely suggest a protective stance towards Secretdorf.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2021, 12:20:30 pm »

I declare the game solved. First we lynch Web then Vector then Rose. This was a bit unfair setup for mafia. Doing it in any order will give the same results. I'm not going to think about it again. There are three townies so I'll be needing their help(one is luckyowl the other is one of other 3) as mafia will try to lynch me otherwise if we carry out this plan successfully, I'm 100% sure it will be a win-win for town. Also its not that I want to lynch ICs.
Webadict[color]

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22:10 pm »

Hmmm... Sorry for extra color tag... I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26:34 pm »

Also if Web you're the third Townie please go along with it because its a sure win. Though I don't expect you to be town and thus I think you'll be against this plan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2021, 12:46:46 pm »

Right... except that none of those lynches involve yourself, so you can see where I find the biggest fault in your logic. This also further cements yourself as the Godfather, since you lose if you're lynched.

So how do you solve that?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2021, 12:55:03 pm »

I don't mind being lynched D1 but it won't be a sure win anymore, only a 2/3 chance or something. I have a very strong town read on LO and I'm town too, if I had a town read on another player it would but a win anyway, which is very unlikely.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2021, 01:17:01 pm »

That does seem to be a problem. Your goal then should be to convince Luckyowl or Rose to conform to your plan. Asking me, who has vocally disagreed with your plan because I disagree with the premise of your Towniness would be a bad idea regardless of my alignment. You need to get three people to agree to that plan and agree on at least two alignments, and your beat bet is Luckyowl. So convince them, not me!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »

Remember that you always have a goal to convince other players, so point out why I am the best first lynch with what you can! Your plan will work only if 3 people agree on your alignment (which is why Townhunting can be a viable method of winning).

So, work on that, Secretdorf. Since you think Luckyowl is Town, your goal is to convince them that you are Town. The only way you could convince me is to lynch one of Rose or Vector first OR by offering yourself somewhere in the order, because I cannot trust you.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2021, 01:26:34 pm »

Fine then tell me who should we lynch first. If LO is also fine with that person being lynched, I'd agree anyway.

*thinks you are godfather* :)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2021, 01:40:32 pm »

Or here's the alternate plan thing ,we lynch Vector and Rose d1 and d2 in no particular order. If you're the mafia godfather, LO decides who to lynch. I believe its called a cross vote or something.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2021, 02:03:04 pm »

That should be fair even if you are godfather unless your godfather buddy is Rose/Vector. It so happens that I think convincing is not something I can do without using WIFOM(which only makes me further scummy) or telling them to lynch me D1, which will make the plan risky.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2021, 02:43:48 pm »

OK, so did you mean you're willing to vote Rose in order to confirm her?

At this point, if we're trying to confirm townies, I'd rather lynch Secretdorf, because they're a little more active. But if we lynch secretdorf today and they actually flip town, I want to see your head on a pike D2, Web.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2021, 02:58:52 pm »

That's really scummy ,Vector. What if Web is townie and Rose and you're mafia team. Or you are godfather first lynching a townie and then bussing your partner Webadict the mafioso? That's why LO and other townie you must act on one of the plans I laid out above. Now, I'm gonna sleep soundly while I await positive input from LO and other townie(who three people are claiming).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2021, 03:16:11 pm »

Yeah, Secretdorf, I literally am the "other townie" you're looking for. If you're town. I don't get it. Why are you so afraid to die?

I'm glad you're figuring out this whole "paranoia" thing but the plan of "claim someone else and yourself are town and then convince everyone to lynch the other three people one after another" doesn't really make a lot of sense. Sure! That would work! If people could trust you, which we can't. If you and LO are the scumteam, then you've given a recipe for town loss.

This is why we need to look for behavioral cues.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11