Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 8343 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2021, 10:00:04 pm »

Portalis looks intrigued. He turns to Zic.

"So you're planning on destroying the world huh? What sort of destruction are we talking about? I mean, do you plan to overthrow the current ruling regimes and set up your own, or do you just want to end the entire world's existence? Also, you seem to have a lot of power, might I ask where and how you got this power?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2021, 10:15:02 pm »

With the elf's expert distraction, the dwarf does what everyone else is thinking.

He shoulders his rifle, shouts "LETS KNOCK EM OFF THEIR FEET AND INTO THAT BIG OL' MAW! PUSH 'EM BACK ELIZABETH!" and follows up with a blast of his rifle at the scar-faced wannabe world destroyer attempting to send Push-enchanted bullets into his stomach.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2021, 10:34:54 pm »

Phobic briefly considers suggesting that if they agree to leave, but then come back another day, that they would be able to feed the Giant something massive before Zic noticed their re-intrusion. The loud dwarf quickly invalidates this idea. This is a fight now; Phobic just had to deal with it.

While the razor appendage on Phobic's tail was capable of inflicting harm if misused, it wasn't up to the same level of quality as a proper melee weapon. Phobic determined that it would prefer to be at a distance.

Phobic quickly looks at the enemies. Of the three, the one designated 'Face Torso' looked the most susceptible to psionic intimidation...

FIRST Phobic moves to the backline, further away from the Giant and other hostiles.
THEN Phobic invokes Fear Animus on Face Torso.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:11:15 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2021, 01:42:49 am »

"Gax, they came from there, I suspect they are immune."

Mathel also moves back, and casts Liquify on Zic.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2021, 02:21:42 am »

Ben wonders if the enemy is going to rush the line.  They might not know about the zap beacons.

Ben attempts to cheese off the opponents by throwing another grenade into the giant's mouth behind them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2021, 08:26:36 am »

"I was beginning to wander when we were going to see some combat."
Dr. Goldstine moves forward and fires both barrels of his coach gun into the shield mati.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2021, 07:35:57 pm »

(Was waiting for tric to post but i guess we're just moving forward)
---

Portalis looks intrigued. He turns to Zic.

"So you're planning on destroying the world huh? What sort of destruction are we talking about? I mean, do you plan to overthrow the current ruling regimes and set up your own, or do you just want to end the entire world's existence? Also, you seem to have a lot of power, might I ask where and how you got this power?"

"My business is none of your concern. But let this engraved into your worthless brain. My spawn will run rampant into this world and present their true potent and see how weak and frail in comparison you are compared to my creation."

"Gax, they came from there, I suspect they are immune."

Mathel also moves back, and casts Liquify on Zic.

Mathel casts liquify below zic's foot to make him stuck in his place though for some reason Zic seem to be standing on a liquified rocks that was below him instead of sinking into them.

With the elf's expert distraction, the dwarf does what everyone else is thinking.

He shoulders his rifle, shouts "LETS KNOCK EM OFF THEIR FEET AND INTO THAT BIG OL' MAW! PUSH 'EM BACK ELIZABETH!" and follows up with a blast of his rifle at the scar-faced wannabe world destroyer attempting to send Push-enchanted bullets into his stomach.

Gax aims his enchanted rifle towards where zic is standing while he's busy monologuing. His aim is true as he's supposed to hit him clean. However, the bullets magically pass through zic's body as if zic was not there at all. The bullet passed through him and into the giant's mouth feeding him. Giant: [-15HP]

"Of course, imbeciles like you would actually think i would show my self to the likes of your worthless existence. I suppose my time is done here. Should you eliminate my minions then i will release this monster from it's shackles and let it decimate your puny village. Just to see how your bitter face of despair." Zic uttered his last words before the projection spell written inside the giant's insides disappear completely. His illusion is gone.

"I was beginning to wander when we were going to see some combat."
Dr. Goldstine moves forward and fires both barrels of his coach gun into the shield mati.

While it's odd for a doctor wanting to see chaos and destruction. DrGold tries and aggro the shield mati by firing his gun towards it. The mati shield itself from harms way. SMati: [-2HP]

Ben wonders if the enemy is going to rush the line.  They might not know about the zap beacons.

Ben attempts to cheese off the opponents by throwing another grenade into the giant's mouth behind them.

Ben threw one of his grenade behind the mati, likely causing a push back effect trying to caught it inside the zap beacons. The mati reacted because of DrGold's aggro. The shield mati responded to another attack by raising it's shield and create a magnetic pull and force everyone around the proximity to be pushed into where the shield mati currently is. For some reason, the effect is reversed for Gax as he was forced back into the back line instead of being pulled towards it. The grenade exploded behind the shield mati and everyone nearby is caught by the explosion. The push back from the explosion wasn't strong enough to push the shield mati into the zap beacons.

Mathel: [-2HP]
Ben: [-3HP]
Arte: [-4HP]
Blue Rat: [-2HP]
Shield Mati: [-8HP]
Face Torso: [-6HP]

Phobic briefly considers suggesting that if they agree to leave, but then come back another day, that they would be able to feed the Giant something massive before Zic noticed their re-intrusion. The loud dwarf quickly invalidates this idea. This is a fight now; Phobic just had to deal with it.

While the razor appendage on Phobic's tail was capable of inflicting harm if misused, it wasn't up to the same level of quality as a proper melee weapon. Phobic determined that it would prefer to be at a distance.

Phobic quickly looks at the enemies. Of the three, the one designated 'Face Torso' looked the most susceptible to psionic intimidation...

FIRST Phobic moves to the backline, further away from the Giant and other hostiles.
THEN Phobic invokes Fear Animus on Face Torso.

Luckily. Phobic moved out of the way before the ensuing chaos. Phobic then cast [Fear Animus] towards face torso. The image that was seen by the creature was none other than Zic himself. The effect of this spell made the creature go berserk and waste it's action by smashing it's claw-like appendages to the ground where everyone is standing right now. The creature hit the ground so hard, it hurt itself in confusion and the rubble that flew towards everyone hurt them in the process as well.

Mathel: [-1HP]
Ben: [-1HP]
Arte: [-1HP]
Blue Rat: [-1HP]
Shield Mati: [-1HP]
Face Torso: [-6HP]

Battle:

[Objective: Eliminate Zic's 'pets'.]

Jhuni exclaimed the following while the battle is still going:

"Be careful of eliminating that mati creature! It will explode if it's killed!"
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2021, 08:52:49 pm »

Portalis glances at Jhuni, raising an eyebrow. "Explode? Well that would be inconvenient."

Cast Lesser Domination on the Shield Mati and have it jump into the giant's maw.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2021, 09:12:32 pm »

Some of Phobic's allies were in an awkward position, but the most helpful things that Phobic could do to help them could just as easily make things worse.

It seemed that Phobic's intuition about Face Torso being vulnerable to psionic intimidation was correct! But what Phobic didn't count on was an manifestation of Zic himself. An idea came to Phobic's mind: If Face Torso knew about a way to stop the Giant, then so too would a Manifestation of Zic based on Face Torso's understanding! Of course, Face Torso's intellectual ability was dubious based on Phobic's observations... It might be worth a try but Phobic had another idea.

Phobic decided to take things in a different direction instead. Zic claimed that these were loyal minions. Phobic was going to put that to the test! Zic said that he would release the monster from its shackles if his minions were eliminated. The implications of this is that if his minions were incapacitated via non-lethal methods, there would be more time to feed the Giant!

Phobic maintains/reconjures a Fear Animus of Zic from Face Torso, and instructs it to command the Shield Mati to stop fighting!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2021, 10:51:42 pm »

Ben steps away, into the zap beacon area and fires his gun at the giant.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:11:23 pm by Devastator »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2021, 01:52:47 am »

(By thought to Phobic and Jhuni)<Shit. If we kill them both, he will release it. Please, remind the others.>

Mathel casts liquify on Face Torso, then starts running around the beacons.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2021, 02:10:23 am »

"Hrg! Guess tha magnet armor already paid fer itself!"

Gax readies his weapon again, holding it like an axe.

"Hey Troll villager! Yer gonna wanna go back and evacuate yer friends real quick like. Big chance tha things gonna get loose in a couple o' minutes. Better safe tha sorry."

He brings his axe over his head, getting ready for a large chop.

"We don' got tha time fer anotha tree Elizabeth! Lets see how that thing likes the taste a...whatever we're standin' on!"

His strange weapon cuts into the floor around him. With chop after chop he swiftly works to cut a chunk of the ground below him - something suitable to throw into the creature's mouth.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2021, 06:37:04 am »

"Well this isn't the best situation to be in, we kill em they explode and release the giant thing, we don't they kill us, guess we have to find some other way to do this."
Dr. Goldstine starts throwing yet more rocks into the giants mouth.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2021, 07:08:52 am »

"We just feed it a bunch to shrink it down some, and then finish these two off.  Then if it's not quite done, we just shoot it until it falls over."

"I also have some handcuffs if anyone can knock one of them out.  Or hold it down.  I have some stun grenades too, but after that last event.. seems dangerous."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2021, 12:41:31 pm »

It appeared that Mathel had the same idea. The Giant was the bigger threat than the minions. Phobic sent out the reminder to its allies as per Mathel's request.
<It would be prudent to disengage from the enemy and focus on feeding the Giant now.>

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10