Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20391 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2021, 05:19:03 pm »

Aquarius - Barracks

Aquarius could tell from the sudden uncertainty in his visitor's tone that he'd caught them off guard. They must have been trying to sneak after all, too bad for them he was still alert. He immediately realized he was being ridiculous. If anyone was sneaking in here, it was just because they were trying not to wake their comrades. Not even someone as antisocial as Aquarius was so bad as to think that being quiet in sleeping quarters was suspicious. He still didn't trust the intruder, but he chose to give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment, if only because he was tired.

"I am." he answered their question without any further attempt to strike up a conversation.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2021, 05:29:12 pm »

Spook - Halls
Spook watches Headbanger out of the corner of his eye, taking care to jog up on her right so he can actually see her. While the hoodie looks a little basic, it's got all the pockets he could possibly need, and all manner of toys that he's found to be useful in the past are hiding behind the deceptively smooth exterior. And, of course, there's pockets to keep his paws warm too. His own tail twitches back and forth with excitement, and he seems surprisingly eager for their sparring match.
Noting the behavior of her own tails, Spook makes yet another mental note, reading the body language correctly and intrigued by the differing signals she's sending. Perhaps something to ask her about later. He takes a moment to adjust the bracers on his wrists, tapping at one idly as he considers something, before shrugging a little and turning towards Headbanger.
<You're not just gonna pound me into the floor, right? I'm all for you not going easy on me, but I'm not gonna learn much if I just get my ass kicked.>
His right ear twitches a little with concern, his tail finally holding still as he waits for her answer.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2021, 06:59:25 pm »

Fox - Halls

After staring at the weapons in the armory a bit, a simple result of boredom, Fox wandered back into the halls to the sight of two other felines in a standoff of some variety. The exact emotional content, difficult to discern. But if there was anger here, Fox thought she'd know.

"What's this?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2021, 08:05:52 pm »

Spook - Halls

Smiling slightly at the other cat, and pleased to hear someone speaking audibly, finally, Spook answers for both of them, unless Headbanger has any interjections.

<Headbanger and I were going to go train. I was hoping she'd be nice and not pound me into sand on my first real combat spar.>

Spook seems rather casual about it; either she'll go easy on him or she won't, so may as well not worry too much about it. Training is training, either way, and perhaps it'll even be fun. Unlikely, but not impossible. His tail flicks around at about ankle height, betraying his slight anxiety.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 08:29:01 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #394 on: March 08, 2021, 10:04:35 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

She nodded her head sideways at Spook as she faced Fox. The merc didn't know what to make of the unusual Feline (well, less unusual than herself.) She didn't seem to be all there, which forced her to wonder how she'd found any success in this line of work. Of course, there was no sense in judging her until Headbanger had a chance to test her - but what she'd seen so far wasn't promising.

Instead of considering that, she returned her attention to Spook, tapping him on the shoulder to ensure he looked at her. [I can take a handicap. You pick.] She had several ideas, but disliked the most obvious; if Headbanger was the one to suggest it, she wasn't going to be able to hide her distaste. [Whatever you want, as long as it's reasonable.]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2021, 12:32:47 pm »

Spook - Halls

Spook closed his eye, rubbing his chin as he puts some thought into this. He doesn't want to handicap her too much, otherwise it won't be a realistic match. But, on the other hand, given his lack of actual experience in a fight, he doesn't want Headbanger to just kick his ass without much trouble. He snaps a finger as he comes up with an idea.

<You get your Arts and your hands. No other weapons. That still won't be a fair fight, but it ought to give me a bit of a chance, at least. And I think the main threat to me will be people with Arts or crossbows, not people with knives, in any case.>

He looks a little sheepish, as he's aware that getting a handicap probably doesn't make him look very good in her eyes, but to be fair he... literally hasn't ever directly fought anyone before. So... One of his ears droops a little, and his tail flicks anxiously once or twice as he awaits her response.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2021, 03:24:55 pm »

Casimir - Training area
The Sarkaz nodded, giving the baton a few practice swings before nodding. It was clearly a good fit, the admittedly brutish looking demonic man with a large hunk of wood perfect for bashing an unsuspecting enemy. Of course, that wasn't the point of this exercise and Velimir was well aware of that. He took up a loose and rather unprofessional stance as he put one hand in front of him and held his baton loosely in one hand. "Aright, tell me when you're ready and I'll come at you. Just try to keep me from getting to close right now, don't worry much about scoring a "kill"."

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso nodded, settling with her training weapon into a combat stance. After a bit. She had to check the recordings a few times to get her footing just right, and the right amount of relaxed vs tense. The posture she settled on was still amateurish, but not blatantly awful at least; she was holding onto the "spear" a bit too tightly, and her posture seemed a bit too wound up, but she was at least taking the training videos seriously. "Ok, ready to go, come at me! I'll do my best!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2021, 05:38:24 pm »

"Ah. I'll watch." Not a question, though perhaps she'd meant it as such. Even Fox could tell that Headbanger would be the better fighter here, the comfort levels were quite obvious. So she'd cheer the underdog. Cat. Whatever.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2021, 07:42:24 am »

Aquarius - Barracks

Aquarius could tell from the sudden uncertainty in his visitor's tone that he'd caught them off guard. They must have been trying to sneak after all, too bad for them he was still alert. He immediately realized he was being ridiculous. If anyone was sneaking in here, it was just because they were trying not to wake their comrades. Not even someone as antisocial as Aquarius was so bad as to think that being quiet in sleeping quarters was suspicious. He still didn't trust the intruder, but he chose to give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment, if only because he was tired.

"I am." he answered their question without any further attempt to strike up a conversation.

Headroom - Barracks

Headroom barely suppressed a squirm as they realize this would not be an easy conversation to make, at all. Well, maybe he's trying to sleep and they're being annoying? Then again, people being tired usually make them more open to volunteering information, right? Headroom realizes this might be their chance to actually get to know who they're working with.

"Mn. Well, I'm uh, Chen Changjiang, but you can call me Headroom. I'm in charge of- I'm working in Public Relations-" though Headroom is pretty sure they're the only person in the barely existent PR Department so far, thus making them more or less in charge of it. "I don't think we've met?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2021, 12:55:44 pm »

Aquarius - Barracks

"Aquarius." the shark man responded with a curt nod, "I kill things."

Aquarius couldn't help but smile a little ruefully at that. Of course, that wouldn't be very encouraging to Headroom. To the outsider, Aquarius would surely look just like he was preparing to take a bite out of his next victim.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2021, 10:47:08 am »

Headbanger - Halls

Arts and hands. That was a mistake. Her tail twitched deviously; she was going to have fun here. Headbanger gave Spook a quick bob of the head, then spun on her heels and started her walk back to the training room. She didn't glance over her shoulder; it wouldn't be hard to tell if they'd followed. Nearly, but not completely audible, an upbeat tune floated from her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2021, 11:01:10 am »

Spook - Halls -> Training Room

Spook knows full well what Headbanger's Arts portfolio is, and that she is quite adept in using it... but, well, not like an actual enemy is going to go easy on him, in any case. Might as well jump full in on the deep end this first time around, and then he'll see if he can figure out a way to balance things out a little better. His ears flick nervously over when she starts humming. Always a bad sign. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound... perhaps he can test whether his own Arts provides a good concussive cushion. He follows the smaller feline's twin tails and quiet humming, trying not to think too hard about her training record.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

The operator assessed the area as she walked in, looking for appropriate areas for a spar. Casimir and Espresso were already occupying one, but another was just nearby in the opposite direction. She strolled into the colosseum-like construction, a facsimile of an arena formed by faux rubble. Headbanger moved to the far wall, turned, and looked back at Spook expectantly.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2021, 12:46:51 pm »

Spook - Training Room

Spook inhales deeply, before tying back some of his hair into a small ponytail so it doesn't get in the way. In doing this, he does reveal his right eye... or what's left of it. He's clearly very shy about it, although all that there really is to see is several originium lesions and shards, surrounding an evidently blind and muddy orangish eye. He peers over at Headbanger on the far side of the room with his working eye, before mentally preparing himself for the fight. A small puddle of the gel he uses to such great effect appears around his feet, and two 'gloves' of the stuff surround his paws. He nods over at Headbanger to begin... of course, this assumes there are no last-minute interruptions.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2021, 02:11:55 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso nodded, settling with her training weapon into a combat stance. After a bit. She had to check the recordings a few times to get her footing just right, and the right amount of relaxed vs tense. The posture she settled on was still amateurish, but not blatantly awful at least; she was holding onto the "spear" a bit too tightly, and her posture seemed a bit too wound up, but she was at least taking the training videos seriously. "Ok, ready to go, come at me! I'll do my best!"
Casimir - Training Area
The more experienced mercenary waits patiently for the go ahead before nodding. He circles Espresso like a wolf as he eyes up her stance before darting forward. He stops perhaps a bit further back than Espresso would have expected, using his extended reach to his advantage as he jabs down at Espresso's legs to use her focus on her stance against her and to bring her off balance.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32