Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20379 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #420 on: March 15, 2021, 11:21:21 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

The mercenary made a noise halfway between a murmur and a growl, an irritable sound that still carried a note of concern. She shifted back to get more properly into his field of view, her "smile" barely qualifying as such as her eyes narrowed with frustration. <You need to know when to cut your losses. All that committing to a lost fight gets you is killed, and most people can't just pick up being a medic.> She huffed. <And you fucked that up from the start. Do you even know where?> Her tails whipped about with her anger, though she didn't seem to be to the point of throttling the exhausted doctor quite yet.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 15, 2021, 11:34:43 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

"Save the smiting for the enemy. I think just a light tap on the shoulder should do. We should be fine if she takes a swing at us, provided she's not holding something sharp..."

With that said, Hooch gently walked up to the sleeping Vulpo and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me? The barracks is that way."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 16, 2021, 10:56:01 am »

Kagura-Hallways

Completely undisturbed by the threat of being 'smited', Kagura barely shifts from her sleep. Even the light tap on her shoulder from Hooch didn't invoke a reaction, aside from the tip of her enormous tail waving in the air ever so slightly.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 16, 2021, 01:16:25 pm »

Spook - Training Room

Spook shakes his head, accepting the proverbial tongue lashing from Headbanger as he focuses on not falling asleep while she’s lecturing him. This being his first serious sparring match, and the first time he’s had to defend himself, he’s not really sure where in particular he screwed up... although if he had to guess... he mumbles a reply.
”Shouldn’t have just stood still and let myself get pounded, right? Can’t win if you don’t stay on the move.”
In hindsight he can point out several mistakes or things he could’ve done better on, but in the heat of the moment he was thinking fast and making decisions without much time for consideration.
Spook wants to look away from HB, as her ever-present smile is fairly disturbing when he can tell she’s actually incredibly angry, but he doesn’t want to appear to be ignoring her.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 16, 2021, 04:53:18 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

Hooch sighed. Well, only one logical course of action.

Time to break out the drill sergeant impression. Hooch took a deep breath to ready herself...

And stamped her foot on the floor as hard as she could.

"WAKE UP, RECRUIT! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO MY BELOVED CORPS, LAYING ABOUT IN THE HALLWAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! ANSWER ME!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 16, 2021, 05:04:32 pm »

Hallways

Blitzgott was so startled, he half came to attention. Then he laughed so hard he had to lean against the wall to stay up.

"E-e-excellent, Boss! You hahahaha-have already begun to master the power of Words!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 16, 2021, 06:15:57 pm »

Kagura-Hallways

For a brief moment, the sleeping Vulpo still refused to budge, even with the angry drill sergeant right next to her and yelling in her ears. But, after a few seconds, Kagura's eyes fluttered open, ears twitching as she pushed herself up and let out a yawn, "Ugh, can't even get a little power nap done" she muttered to herself, giving one giant stretch before turning her head to Hooch and Blitz, quickly blinking the sleep out of her eyes to meet with who was practically her boss, "Hey Hooch. Hey... Guy. Need something?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #427 on: March 17, 2021, 04:09:46 pm »

Headbanger

Spook's answer didn't seem to placate Headbanger. It was partially correct, but not what she believed was the true issue. <You just let me take the fight from you. The only time you tried to make an attack was when you'd already lost. You couldn't keep defending against my Arts, and you knew that.> Her tails lashed. <Why didn't you attack? You can't beat me at range, but I can't use my Arts and fight in melee without being able to use my swords.> Her gaze stayed intense, glaring down the other feline. <If you just passively wait for the fight to come to you, you're going to die. Fast. That's it.> She straightened up, expression relaxing partially. <Now it's your turn to get down to medical before you blow away with the next draft.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2021, 06:37:05 am »

Aquarius - Barracks

"Aquarius." the shark man responded with a curt nod, "I kill things."

Aquarius couldn't help but smile a little ruefully at that. Of course, that wouldn't be very encouraging to Headroom. To the outsider, Aquarius would surely look just like he was preparing to take a bite out of his next victim.

Headroom - Barracks

Headroom briefly wondered if Aquarius had perhaps suffered a muscle spasm, or has any teeth problem when they finally realized that was some kind of smile.

Then there's the accent, they can't quite place what Aquarius' accent is from, but it sounded vaguely... aristocratic. Headroom figured that switching to their natural high-society accent rather than the neutral one they have been using might help build rapport. There's no way that his accent is actually a medical condition and he'll think he's being made fun of, right?

"Right, I suppose that's what most Operators do when there's no other choice." Headroom themselves had briefly considered learning how to use a crossbow, but had decided that just because violence is sometimes necessary didn't mean they had to be the one to do it.

"What kind of uh... work do you do? Caster? Sniper? ...Vanguard?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 18, 2021, 08:07:58 am »

Spook - Training Room

Spook smiles ruefully, accepting the lecture and nodding seriously as Headbanger makes her point. It's a good lesson; in the heat of the match he'd forgotten that HB couldn't make good use of her arts up close, and as his current state showed, that'd cost him. He manages to meet her glare for a few seconds, but has to look away after that, nodding his understanding.

When she's finished, he remains sat on the floor, although he leans forwards a bit. He manages to sign what he was going to say this time.
<...could I get a hand up? I don't think I can get to the medbay on my own right now.> He looks extremely apologetic as he asks for help, knowing from earlier that HB doesn't like being touched, but he's just gonna fall over and really hurt himself if he tries to go over on his own.
<I'm sorry, nevermind, just help me get to my feet so I can go rest in a chair or something, and then I'll head out.> he promises.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:33 am »

Hooch - Hallways

The bartender had half-considered giving the vulpo the rest of the routine, but if she was that tired, she figured she'd had enough. For now, at least.

"Just wanted to ask how things were. There some reason you can't get to the barracks to rest? Did something explode in there?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2021, 09:09:52 am »

Headbanger rolled her eyes and moved to take Spook's hand. She hauled upward on the medic's arm with most of her strength - which wasn't a particularly large amount, as he'd discover. Her expression showed a distinct flash of frustration, this time not directed at Spook. It was accompanied by a matching grunt. Once she had Spook on his feet, she'd give him a pointed - yet still friendly? - look and gesture with her head toward the door.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2021, 04:51:03 pm »

Spook - Training Room

Weakly smiling his gratitude over at the other Feline, Blas manages to wobble out of the sparring circle, and out into the halls, where he promptly sags against the wall and holds up a hand for Headbanger to wait, as he regains his strength. He's doing better than he was when he first regained consciousness, at least; his eye looks normal, now, and his skin tone is looking much healthier. Despite this, it's evident that it's going to be a while before he's back to his usual self, and he'll be needing a minute, for now.

Looking over at Headbanger while he catches his breath, he tactfully avoids mentioning how long it took her to lift a 5'4" twink made of fluff and what little food he remembers to eat, and instead once again apologizes for the trouble.
<Thank you again for helping me up, and for the fighting advice. And sorry for worrying you, I should've quit when I hit the floor the first time. I'm probably good to make it back to my room on my own, unless you still want to talk?>
With how shaky he is, it's a little hard to understand what he's saying, but his signing steadies out as a he manages to catch his second wind.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:14:59 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2021, 05:54:07 pm »

<You sure?> She raised a dubious eyebrow. Headbanger had played off her fair share of injuries and illness; she naturally suspected the same from Spook. <If you break your head passing out because you refused a shoulder, it's not going to be my problem.> It was hard to continue being tough on the medic when all he did was keep apologizing. He wasn't even cowering, so both sets of responses she was used to weren't happening. Unless he's planning on shanking me, but he doesn't seem like the type.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2021, 06:32:04 pm »

Spook - Training Room

Spook visibly starts to wobble again as Headbanger waits around to make sure he doesn't need help, and he slides a little bit down the wall.

<Well, now that you mention it, no, I'm not sure I can make it back without falling over. I just didn't want to keep you from wherever you probably need to be.> He'd attempt a lopsided grin, coming out as more of a grimace, giving up on trying to hide how exhausted of energy he is.

A pretty telling sign is the fact that his tail hasn't really perked up at all since their sparring match, and his ears are still drooping with exhaustion, despite his trying to pretend otherwise. It's not really proper 'I need sleep' exhaustion, more of the sort of thing you get after an extraordinarily strenuous workout: everything feels sore and overworked. What he really needs is a large meal and a few hours to sit down, but he didn't want Headbanger to be unduly worried or inconvenienced by following him around making sure he didn't hurt himself; that sure backfired, didn't it?

On the bright side, based on past experience, he hasn't really hurt himself (yet), but he should definitely eat or at least take a nap before he uses his Arts again.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:23:37 pm by Redjive_Industries »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32