Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20398 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2021, 11:22:27 am »

Stasi - Training Grounds
The ursine knight continues their work on the range, seemingly not noticing, or caring about Spook's presence as they line up their targets. Although they do eventually stop to ask, "Yes?" the moment it became clear that the little man wouldn't be going away.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2021, 03:28:39 pm »

Spook - Training Area
Spook takes a few minutes to type up what he wants to say so that he won't get interrupted, and also so he can figure out how to word his request properly; after a short time, he flips his tablet around and shows it to Stasi.
<I need to schedule an examination with you at some point. I've managed to get all but three of the operators so far, and it's really important that I get an idea of what your medical conditions are. Don't want to learn on the field that you're allergic to synthetic penicillin or something like that, nor do I want you dropping dead because I didn't know you had some sort of chronic heart issue. ...and you'll need to leave your armor behind as well.> he adds, awkwardly.
Spook looks about as imposing as a 5'7" catboy can, as he's quite serious about making sure everyone gets into his office at least once before they go out on operations, and he doesn't want to have to argue or cajole people into doing it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2021, 08:20:23 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir shrugs, seeming to be about to drop the topic before pausing and tapping his finger in the air. "Hm, I think if you got rid of the actual knife, Espresso might be more willing to understand, alongside being one of the ones that could benefit from it most. At the very least, she probably trusts me enough to know I wouldn't let you do this if I thought it was an actual danger." The Sarkaz shrugs once again before folding his arms.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2021, 08:39:34 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<You're taking the heat if Hooch throws a fit.> Her smile turned a bit more genuine, actually reaching her eyes again. <Just so you know.> Headbanger stretched her arms and her torso followed, the feline leaning back slightly as she limbered up. <Alright. Do you have a plan or am I just going to terrorize random people until one of them finally manages to chokeslam me?>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2021, 09:10:43 pm »

Casimir - Halls
The Sarkaz shrugged, smirking as he started heading for where he'd guess there would be people to take by surprise, The training room. Between the typical noise levels and the debris and targets to block lines of sight, they likely could get someone there without being noticed. "I'm thinking I'll start a conversation with the target to distract them, then you come in for the "hello". Should be able to block lines of sight so no one knows what we're doing and we can maintain the surprise for later when we can corner someone again."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2021, 09:30:53 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

The feline made a small, almost inaudible "hm?" sound. <Feels weird to go this hard on planning it, but sure. You set them up, I knock them down, or whatever.> She sent over her own shrug. Headbanger had her misgivings about the plan, but she didn't honestly care if the crew disliked her, ot so she told herself. There were plenty of other places to find work.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2021, 09:44:56 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Casimir pointed his finger towards Headbanger, some playful scolding in his tone as he speaks. "Now now, it's better to over plan and ensure things stay safe for all involved than to under plan and get a Victorian How-do-you-do from Hooch."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2021, 10:01:03 pm »

Headbanger - Halls -> Training Room

The mercenary rolled her eyes, still grinning as she did so. No reply came via tablet; they weren't far from their destination, and indeed it came into view after a few moments.

She slowed down as she slipped through the doors, taking a moment to scan the room. [Feels like home,] she signed at the air as the facsimile of city ruins loomed over her. The sightseeing lasted only for a moment, however, as she turned to Casimir with an expectant look.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2021, 10:09:18 pm »

Casimir - Halls -> Training Room
The Sarkaz glanced down and gave the Feline a slight nod before going over to Espresso, placing himself between her and any other prying eyes as a precaution. "Hey Espresso, I see you started training already!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2021, 10:24:47 pm »

Espresso - Training Room

It had been a bit since she'd started, and Espresso had been practicing some basic drills - how to hold the thing, footwork, and basic thrusts. She was starting to feel the usual workout warmth (she hadn't been an athlete herself, but she'd done practice with them as a way to better connect to the team and was actually quite athletic considering her build). She was taking a swig of water when the familiar voice from earlier called a hello.

Espresso turned with a bright smile. "Hey again, Casimir! Yep, no time to waste! I need to make up for lost time to keep up with all of you! I found a bunch of training vids in the logs and I've been watching them for the basics and stuff, you know a lot of the importance of footwork translates surprisingly well even if it's different specifics - ah, did you need help with anything? I can take a break."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2021, 11:03:03 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

The catgirl wasted no time, mounting a nearby wall in silence and proceeding toward her first victim. She kept the lime of sight between the two broken as she flanked the cautus, darting between chunks of rubble and shattered superstructure until she found herself on a ledge above and behind Espresso. There, she laid in wait, a hunter patiently waiting to ambush her prey.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2021, 11:14:35 pm »

Casimir - Training room
Casimir nods, smiling at the rabbit woman as he watches his partner in crime approach from behind. "Of course, foot work is one of those basic things you need to constantly work on. After all, falling in a fight typically means a swift death if you're lucky. But you should also be prepared for any in possibility, especially if you're going to be one of the front line leaders. Like, what would you do if you got ambushed by an enemy infiltrator?" The Sarkaz takes on a slightly lecturing tone as he talks to Espresso, raising a finger as he asks his question.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2021, 12:09:26 am »

Spook - Training Area
Spook takes a few minutes to type up what he wants to say so that he won't get interrupted, and also so he can figure out how to word his request properly; after a short time, he flips his tablet around and shows it to Stasi.
<I need to schedule an examination with you at some point. I've managed to get all but three of the operators so far, and it's really important that I get an idea of what your medical conditions are. Don't want to learn on the field that you're allergic to synthetic penicillin or something like that, nor do I want you dropping dead because I didn't know you had some sort of chronic heart issue. ...and you'll need to leave your armor behind as well.> he adds, awkwardly.
Spook looks about as imposing as a 5'7" catboy can, as he's quite serious about making sure everyone gets into his office at least once before they go out on operations, and he doesn't want to have to argue or cajole people into doing it.
Stasi - Training Area
In the time it took for the little cat man to write his dissertation, Stasi had already moved on to take up a firing position behind a suspiciously close table, and had spent a few moments to stretch out her limbs, and run through some basic stances and firing positions. Which meant that the black knight was thoroughly uninterested in actually reading the bulk of their work. The knight's helmeted head only briefly tilting towards the tablet for long enough to glimpse through the important details before they firmly stated, "My resume contains a list of my allergies and the results of my last medical exam. I suggest that you give it a read." The knight's head tilted back towards the targets, as they quickly raised the barrel of their weapon up, and opened fire on the poor, defenseless dummies.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2021, 08:45:35 am »

Espresso - Training Area

Myrna cocked her head with confusion, tapping her foot a bit as she thought about it. "Ambushed? Hmmmmmm... Well I figure usually I'd be near a bunch of people right, so ambushing would be hard, but if it happened anyway... hmmmm..." She racked her brain trying to think of what the 'correct' answer would be, not even noticing the feline creeping behind her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2021, 12:00:36 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

Better think of an answer quick. She shuffled her feet, taking a moment to judge her approach. She could just slink up and put the knife up to her, but that wouldn't give Espresso the proper scare. Headbanger would have to make it dramatic, memorable, otherwise she might not make the point - and Myrna might not find the answer to Casimir's question.

The feline leapt downward, using a quick burst of her Arts to adjust her trajectory. Can't break anything. The arc of her jump had her center of gravity aimed to bowl the cautus over, sending her to the ground and leaving Headbanger on top and free to take whatever approach she wanted (not that she planned to do much more than hold the blade to her long enough to give her a good scare.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32