Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20412 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2021, 03:36:07 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

There was a lot to unpack in the few sentences Casimir spoke. Questionable parenting, paramilitary groups, and his level of experience, all interesting topics to file away for later, and she already knew what the recent event was. The thing that made her tail quirk up with curiosity, however, was the first tidbit of information there. <You're not actually from Kazdel?> Her surprise was easy to pick out in her expression, even if it was intermingled with her ever-present smile. <Could have fooled me.> Paramilitary groups, and ones active in Ursus. . . a thought drifted into her head. <Don't suppose this paramilitary group had anything to do with the Infected, did it?>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2021, 03:52:14 pm »

Casimir - Halls
The sarkaz man nodded his head at the surprise of his Feline companion. "Oh, I get that a lot. I think it's because I never really assimilated into Kazimierz. People didn't like me to much so it was mostly my dad and the occasional visit from one of his friends that influenced me I suppose." Casimir didn't react at the question raised. At least not physically, but Headbanger could likely tell from how his gaze slightly changed that he had expected it despite not liking the answer. "Yes. I was... I went to the city for the first time when I was barely a man. Spent all my money just to get an apprenticeship with one of the guilds... I was approached by a man, he offered to buy me a meal and during it he told me about the plight of the Infected. I was honestly moved so I asked what I could do and ended up falling in with his group...." Casimir goes silent as he loses himself in his memories.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2021, 04:07:52 pm »

Headbanger

<I see.> Headbanger fell to her version of silence for a few moments, tablet held loosely at her side as she considered it. He walks like one, but does he actually understand what it's like? Kazimierz had its fair share of issues from her understanding, but you could at least walk around there without worrying about stepping on a landmine or having the town you were sheltering in explode into combat with no warning. <I've seen a couple people like that.> She tugged at one of her sleeves, exposing several lines of glittering black crystal running along her forearm. <You could say I thought about trying to meet up.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2021, 05:06:39 pm »

Casimir - Halls
The Sarkaz nods, thinking in silence for a bit before continuing his story. "My dad got infected. Unlucky run-in in the woods from what I understood. I visited him one last time after that...." Casimir was silent for a while, like he was mentally skipping over something before continuing. "A while after that our leader said there was something big going down in Ursus, that we should be ready to fight if we were going to go. I'd say that I didn't have anywhere else to go but really... I just wanted to hurt people." He spits the words out, his anger with himself clear as he clenches his fists.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2021, 05:17:47 pm »

Hooch - Armory

"Well, I'd better go after her. I'm sure she can manage on her own, but I've been meaning to check up on her. Remember: No more explosions, okay? Save that for when the fighting starts." With that, Hooch left the armory to catch up with Espresso.

She was doing an awful lot of running today. More than she'd been doing working the bar, at any rate...

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »

Spook - Training Room
When Espresso enters the training room, she finds Spook with an interesting device in his hands, squeezing off shots at several targets placed fairly close to him. It seems he's fiddling with some sort of crossbow, except rather than conventional bolts, he's loaded it with the same sort of dart you'd use in tranquilizer gun. Unfortunately, his accuracy isn't great. The dart has weird flight performance, and that stacked with Spook's blinded right eye means he's not able to consistently land hits beyond 10 meters. He looks up at the sound of footsteps and waves, placing down the 'crossbow' down on a piece of foam next to him, looking at it balefully.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2021, 09:18:51 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

The Cautus strolls into the training area humming a tune to herself and swinging her new spear experimentally in the air. She noticed the medical operator as she approached, and smiled brightly as she jogged over (carefully pointing spear-point away from him). "Hey, Blas! How're you doing? I heard you were going to join the ops team, are you trying out a new weapon? I'm trying out this spear-y thing since I figure it's probably better than that rusty rebar I've been swinging around until now. I'm kinda surprised to see you're trying out a crossbow though, I would have guessed you'd be a medic."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2021, 09:29:14 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

Turns out the old bird wasn't far behind, Hooch following Myrna into the Training Area a few seconds afterwards. After a few moments to catch her breath, Hooch raised her hand at the pair.

"Hey, you two. Just wanted to ask how the two of you are settling in. You know, after..." Hooch didn't bother to name the event that had brought this group together. "If there's anything you need help with, just let me know."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2021, 09:36:48 pm »

Spook - Training Area
The Feline rubs his neck a little awkwardly, and pulls a dart from his a pouch on his belt, a plastic cap safely over the needle, so he doesn't stab himself.
He holds it out, and then places it in the crossbow, hand-signaling at Espresso.
<It's not precisely a crossbow, not one for combat, anyways. It's something I made that might help out the others when I'm healing them. Meant to be a way of delivering stimulants or some other sort of drug from a distance, so I can juice someone up while I'm healing a different operator. Need to work on my aim, though...>
He'd uncap the needle, and take aim at another target, squeezing off a shot with a loud POP of compressed air. This one nails the arm area, but clearly it wasn't what he was aiming at, as he murmurs something that sounds angry, before placing the crossbow back in its case and locking it shut, looking displeased. He turns to Hooch, giving her a thumbs up. He repeats the signals to her, knowing she ought to be able to understand and translate for Espresso, and also to forestall her asking what he's doing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2021, 10:07:30 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Myrna blinked a few times, trying to parse out what Blas had said but failing - she'd started trying to learn sign language a bit ago, but so far mostly just knew the ones relevant for operations. Hooch came in though, and once she translated Myrna nodded. "Ohhhh, I see! That sounds helpful! Good luck practicing, I'm sure you can do it!" Then, she turned to address Hooch's question. "Oh, hello again! I'm doing fine, actually. Everyone here's been super helpful with getting adjusted and all. I'll be sure to ask if I need help! How about you, are you doing alright? You've been working really hard."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2021, 10:23:02 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

"You could say that, Myrna. In between all the paperwork, the negotiations, and things like that weapons malfunction back there,"
Hooch gestured in the direction of the armory, "It's been... Honestly, it's been rough. Thought learning how to take care of a bar was bad, but even then there wasn't as many staff to worry about as there are here. But I can't rest until I've at least gotten to meet face-to-face with everyone here at least once. Wouldn't do for the boss not to check on the people she's gonna be working with, yeah?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2021, 10:57:27 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<Lucky you.> Unwilling to have the confrontation about what she actually meant, she "clarified." <Now you get to hurt people, get paid, and maybe even feel good about it. Win-win-win.> Yeah, he doesn't get it. She did a good job of covering it, but Headbanger seemed displeased by his reply; the slight shift in her posture and the faint twitch of her tail gave it away. Whatever. If he got it, he'd probably be worse to work with anyway.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2021, 11:15:36 pm »

Casimir - Halls
The Sarkaz watched Headbanger from the corner of his eye as she subtlety made her distaste known. He thought for a moment about whether to just let it go or whether to push it, before going with the latter option. He'd let her in on a rather private part of his life, he might as well be able to ask what he had apparently said wrong in return. "You didn't like that answer, if I said something to offend I'd prefer it if you were upfront about it rather than trying to hide it."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2021, 11:29:09 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just envious.> Her words were cryptic, and she considered leaving it at that. The catgirl hadn't expected him to note that at all, much less force the issue. <And maybe a little disappointed. We might have less in common than I thought.> A conflict had sprung to life within her, contradictory principles making war. If Casimir was closer to what he'd seemed to be, then he shouldn't be trusted - but he would understand, and thus she should trust him. If Velimir was who she thought he was now, he was easier to trust, not liable to plant a knife in her using the knowledge - but that meant she'd be entrusting her private thoughts to a stranger who wouldn't understand. <Didn't say anything because I didn't want to make it an issue. Not like it's a bad thing your life isn't a total sob story.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2021, 11:37:21 pm »

Casimir - Halls
The Sarkaz is silent for a while, ruminating on what he just read. After a while he sighs, his shoulders slumping slightly before he shrugs. "Yeah, I know I'm lucky.... And I know how it can be... frustrating to deal with people that got a better lot than you." Velimir rolls his shoulders, a movement purely to occupy the time as he thinks of what to say next. "I'll be honest, I don't know why I told you all that. I mean, I even lied to Hooch when she asked about it...." He falls silent, losing himself in thought about the conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32