Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20415 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2021, 06:28:11 am »

Headbanger - Halls

<Forget about it. My life isn't your problem, and yours isn't mine.> She shook her head, realizing that sounded harsher than she meant. <I just> Headbanger halted mid-sentence, unsure of where exactly she was going. <Apparently this is what we're doing now.> The feline let out a sigh. <Most people don't understand Kazdel. Not that I do either. Piece of shit Theresis ruined everything and you can tell anyone I said it. Guess I was hoping I was working with someone who knew about it personally and agreed.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2021, 09:04:27 am »

Spook - Training Area
Spook’s ears perk up at the mention of a ‘weapon’s malfunction, and he gives Hooch a concerned look, rather evidently searching her for injuries.
<No one got hurt, right? I didn’t get an alert, but I might’ve just missed it.>
He looks towards a coat and a tablet lying on top of it on a bench behind him, evidently his stuff. He walks over to it, checking the tablet, before pulling the coat on, pausing a second to adjust his hair so that the fringe remains hanging over his eye. He then walks up to Hooch, patting her shoulder.
”You were, are, and will always be as good of a boss as any of us could ask for. The new guys wouldn’t still be here if they didn’t enjoy working for you.” he’d murmur quietly. Unless Espresso is standing quite close, she probably can’t hear what he said.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2021, 12:04:04 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

While she couldn't read sign language, Myrna could read body language well enough. "It was fine, minor really! Besides a bit of ear-ringing nothing bad happened."

Then she turned back to Hooch - not close enough to hear what Spook said, but still. "Mmhm! I get it, I had to do that sort of thing all the time at my old job. But still, it wouldn't do anyone good if you worked yourself sick, so if you need any help don't be afraid to ask! Or just, to take a break, really."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2021, 01:31:30 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir watched Headbanger's posture for a time, considering how to go forward with this. Finally, he sighs. "Yeah, you're right. I can't say that I understand entirely but... I can try, and I want to try to understand you I guess." Velimir pauses before cringing silently at himself. "Ugh, sounds like a line from a bad book.... What I mean is that... You know, we're teammates and I want to get along well with everybody and that includes you, and if maybe I could help smooth things over between you and people that just don't understand at all then that'd be something I could be proud of, I think."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2021, 01:57:44 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

The former bartender smiled as the two friends comforted her, finding a place to sit down. "I know, I know. At the very least, I think I've done more than enough running for one day... Don't suppose those last few folks are just gonna walk in here, are they?"

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2021, 09:03:02 pm »

Spook - Training Area
Spook nodded earnestly at Espresso’s suggestion that Hooch take a break; besides, he hasn’t had a chance to ‘talk’ to anyone in a while, and now seems a good opportunity to do so.
For the benefit of Espresso, he chooses to speak through his tablet since he doesn’t need his hands for anything at the moment.
<“Speaking of the others, what can you tell me about the newer operators? Headbanger refuses to let me look at her, same with Stasi, and I haven’t gotten to know any of the others beyond their medical history, which doesn’t tell me much about them personally.
Except that we’ve probably all got PTSD, but that’s not news, if I’m honest.”>

He tried to make it sound like a joke, but it’s evident he’s nervous about serving alongside the others as an operator, rather than hiding in the medbay as he had been doing until recently.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2021, 10:45:07 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<I guess.> She shrugged again. <I want to get along too, despite what Hooch seems to think. Just ask Kagura. I can behave myself, mostly.> Headbanger glanced upward and to the side, thinking. Her ears pricked up as if she were going to hear the answer somewhere nearby. <That's one thing, I suppose. My little greeting there, that seems like it's the kind of thing that'll make most of these people hate me. I don't have to explain why that's weird, do I?> The question was in itself a test, gauging the width of the chasm between their experiences. It was smaller than the one between her and the rest, but the degree was still uncertain.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2021, 11:12:05 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

"Well, let's see. That Sarkaz Guard, Casimir - or, rather Velimir, when not in he field - seems like an alright guy. He's... going through his own stuff, he said that much... But beyond that, he should be all right.

Remiel, the Santka Defender... He's boisterious. Cheerful, even. Been doing this longer than any of us have, I believe, but I believe he's a good one too.

Tyrant's the biker Archosauria Vanguard. Looks like she's been settling in fine, though I'm not sure how used she is to this sort of thing... Try not to spook her, okay?

Don't know any more about what Headbanger's problem is than you do, I'm afraid. Could be the same reason she's so tight about her past - things she'd rather not be forced to remember."

Hooch's smile broadened as she thought about Blitzgott.

"You run into Blitzgott yet? Oni with an eyepatch, likes to emphasize Important Words in a certain Way? I'm not sure why he is the way he is, but he seems like a nice person so far.

Headroom's quiet, and they've always got their hood on, but they seem eager to help us.

Don't know much about Fox yet. They seemed a little clumsy, but I think that's just nerves more than anything.

Of course, this is all first impressions. Can't exactly tell how someone will react to stress off of first impressions alone. All we can do when the time comes is the best we can."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2021, 11:39:39 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Casimir rubs his chin, thinking for a bit before shrugging. "If you were from anywhere else in the world I'd think you were crazily unstable and yeah, at least a little weird." He lets his hand fall as he shrugs before continuing. "But you're Kazdelian. I know you were just trying to test my reflexes and general disposition as well as my abilities in combat." He pauses for a moment longer before finishing. "I also imagine you found my response lackluster which is fair from any point of view."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2021, 11:47:06 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

The cat made a quiet, affirmative-sounding noise. <That's a bad position to kill from, especially with the size difference. You could have easily thrown me off or disoriented me before I could do any damage, and then you'd be at the advantage in a narrow hall.> Her mouth twisted, frustration creeping in. <Seems like most of the people here haven't really gotten what it means to be a merc. That and they've got no sense of humor. Tyrant got all pissy just because I tried to startle her a bit.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2021, 12:04:50 am »

Casimir - Halls
The sarkaz nods. "They don't understand no. Although, don't take this the wrong way but I imagine your sense of humor is fairly unique and would likely require some explaining..." Velimir rubs his chin in thought once again before a smile widens across his face. "Hm, you know, if I helped with your introductions maybe that would smooth things over. People would likely be more understanding if there was someone to explain you don't mean anything by it, and it would likely help them get used to your personality. Build up a tolerance or something.... Besides, I have a pretty large presence, so at the very least you'd have an easier time surprising people."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2021, 07:12:48 am »

Stasi - Training Area
After making sure that their belongings were safely tucked away within the bunks, Stasi decides to try and keep their skills sharp by getting some practice done in the range. The black knight passing by quite a few people as they wandered around the landship's halls to try and intentionally obfuscate their destination, and also to note down the mess hall's location for their post work out brunch.

By the time they arrived there were quite a few people milling about inside, and of course being the consumate professional they are, Stasi proceeded to silently walk past everyone, and set to work on making a rudimentary range in the corner for her to work with without bothering anyone.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2021, 07:23:44 am »

Headbanger - Halls

That eyebrow vanished between Headbanger's cap and bangs once again. <Are you sure about that? It's not like I don't know it'll piss people off. And I don't know that most civvies are receptive to lectures about Kazdelian mercenary culture right after some cat threatened to cut them open for daring to exist in the same area.> Headbanger rolled her eyes. <Nevermind that it's for their own good. There's a reason everyone forgets their issue with Sarkaz when need a job done. They've gotta get used to it, yknow? This work isn't exactly safe.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2021, 10:40:08 am »

Spook - Training Area
Spook is actively taking notes of what Hooch has to say; who would have a clearer idea of who the various operators were than the boss? He nods his thanks to the Liberi, and suddenly turns his head towards the door, a few seconds before the armored figure of Stasi enters the training facility. After a few seconds of visible hesitation, he decides to go and try and convince her to let him get an idea of what her medical situation is, since all he knows for sure is that she's possibly going to drop dead from Oripathy. He hasn't had much of a chance to convince her of this yet, so now seems a decent opportunity. Nodding to the others in the room, he walks over to the Ursus, trying to think of a polite way to tell her he needs to figure out how fast she's dying so he can keep her from dropping dead due to overexertion.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2021, 10:52:06 am »

Espresso - Armory

As the conversation wound down, Espresso took a few moments to remember what she'd been doing before running into the medic. Snapping her fingers (and noticing the spear she was still holding), she went over to some of the dummies and pulled out her tablet, seeing if they had any spear-training videos archived for her to work from. She was definitely going to take this seriously! No more distractions! And definitely not looking for funny training accidents caught by the cameras, those could be saved for later!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32