Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution (Turn 18) (11/15)  (Read 36112 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution (Turn 10) (11/15)
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2021, 08:12:23 pm »

Develop a tracheal system consisting of water transport cells (xylem equivalent) and nutrient transport cells (phloem equivalent)
Is this valid?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2021, 12:20:22 am »

Develop a tracheal system consisting of water transport cells (xylem equivalent) and nutrient transport cells (phloem equivalent)
Is this valid?
+1

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2021, 01:15:56 am »

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

First thing’s first.  Fix the problem.

Vote:  Fix the problem with our notochord so that it doesn’t burst through our head.  The front end should end should end a little bit before the head so as to give enough room for a future brain.  The aft end of the notochord should go all of the way to the tip of the tail, but not burst through (obviously).

SS Vote: Post-anal tail.  Our body lengthens by about 1/4 it’s total length.  The tail should quickly taper to about 1/3 the width of our body in the horizontal plane and maintain that width for most of its length before tapering the rest of the way near the tip.  In the vertical plane, our tail should start tapering after about 1/2 it’s length and continue tapering down to a point.  The aft end of our notochord also lengthens (and does not emerge from the tip of our tail.  Our intestines do not lengthen.  Instead our anus is moved to our underside directly in front of our tail.

Edit:  Changed SS Vote.

Edit2:  Changed SS vote again (shape of tail).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:12:12 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:12 am »

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

Vote:  Fix the problem with our notochord so that it doesn’t burst through our head.  The front end should end should end a little bit before the head so as to give enough room for a future brain.  The aft end of the notochord should go all of the way to the tip of the tail, but not burst through (obviously).

SS Vote:  If we already have a post-anal tail (I.e. our anus is located on our underside, in front of our tail), then the next thing we need is a eucoelom.  The eucoelom consists of a fluid-filled chamber surrounding our esophagus and intestines, with thin strips of connective tissue suspending our esophagus and intestines between the floor and ceiling of the eucoelom.  The eucoelom will give us the ability to grow organs inside the eucoelom independently of muscles and tissue outside of it and vice versa.  Also, it will make us a little stiff as it acts as a hydroskeleton.  We won’t be completely rigid, but we probably won’t be able to tie ourselves in a knot anymore.  If we don’t have a post-anal tail, then we need to get one.  This can be had by extending our body and notochord a little bit (about 1/4 the length of our intestines should be good), and moving our anus to our underside.

You have no tail. You have the slow and primitive flagella tuff on your bum.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2021, 05:51:58 am »

sure! im in full support, a proper digestive system could open up a lot of oppurtunities for different paths we should go. blish have fins, we could maybe evolve limbs outve that if you want to

flazeo25 is right, we do not have fins yet. But, as long as we stay small, flagella should be enough. We can think about more options to move in case we become bigger or have a sudden need to be fast.
mistyped lol, i was thinking of gills. external gills can be used to develop limbs.
for example, the gills shrunk leaving behind just the structure that moved them to pass fresh water over them, eventually turning into something akin to a fin.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2021, 06:37:26 am »

mistyped lol, i was thinking of gills. external gills can be used to develop limbs.
for example, the gills shrunk leaving behind just the structure that moved them to pass fresh water over them, eventually turning into something akin to a fin.
Yes, real gills would be nice. We need a better way to get oxygen of we want to develop our body. Now we Just have to decide the sex vote (unless you want this one to be out sex vote)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2021, 07:46:35 am »

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

SS Vote: Post-anal tail.  Our body lengthens by about 1/4 it’s total length.  The tail should quickly taper to about 1/3 the width of our body in the horizontal plane and maintain that width for most of its length before tapering the rest of the way near the tip.  In the vertical plane, our tail should start tapering after about 1/2 it’s length and continue tapering down to a point.  The aft end of our notochord also lengthens (and does not emerge from the tip of our tail.  Our intestines do not lengthen.  Instead our anus is moved to our underside directly in front of our tail.

Edit:  Changed SS Vote.

Edit2:  Changed SS vote again (shape of tail).
+1 I support this.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:54:00 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2021, 08:06:39 am »

Team Lagus Blob

It's all about the butt!
Stomach pouch extends backwards, eventually forming two distinct organs of stomach into a basic intestine, for further digestion. These reach far enough back that eventually, a rear orifice forms from some of the old pores, just under the tail. Interior muscles form along these intestines to help push along undigested material which eventually expels out of the anus.

+1 To the SS vote.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2021, 02:20:25 pm »

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

SS Vote:  If we already have a post-anal tail (I.e. our anus is located on our underside, in front of our tail), then the next thing we need is a eucoelom.  The eucoelom consists of a fluid-filled chamber surrounding our esophagus and intestines, with thin strips of connective tissue suspending our esophagus and intestines between the floor and ceiling of the eucoelom.  The eucoelom will give us the ability to grow organs inside the eucoelom independently of muscles and tissue outside of it and vice versa.  Also, it will make us a little stiff as it acts as a hydroskeleton.  We won’t be completely rigid, but we probably won’t be able to tie ourselves in a knot anymore.  If we don’t have a post-anal tail, then we need to get one.  This can be had by extending our body and notochord a little bit (about 1/4 the length of our intestines should be good), and moving our anus to our underside.

+1 I support this.

I changed the SS vote in light of the GM’s comment.  You may want to review the changes.

Next up on our list:

An eucoelom (needed to allow our guts and  banks of myomeres to grow independently of each other).

More gills and pharyngeal slits (needed to provide oxygen to power those banks of myomeres).

Banks of myomeres (needed for locomotion).

That should also give me at least a little time to continue researching the evolution of central nervous systems...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:06 pm »

Yes, real gills would be nice. We need a better way to get oxygen of we want to develop our body. Now we Just have to decide the sex vote (unless you want this one to be out sex vote)
wdym with the sex vote? did i miss anything

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2021, 04:20:48 pm »

Yous branched off the blish which at that point had their SS vote unlocked, I.E Sexual selection vote like things that attract mates, rearrange cells etc.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2021, 04:58:20 pm »

We have the ability to have a sexual selection vote. It's a feture that' s "pushed" into existence by sexual selection, with a 7 sided dice that cannot be supported and can make a feature too big or too developed to be useful (but still gets the +1 for exaptations). Do you want gills to be our SS vote and then use your personal vote for something else, or do you want to use your vote for the gills and than use the SS vote for sometihing else?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2021, 05:29:52 pm »

We have the ability to have a sexual selection vote. It's a feture that' s "pushed" into existence by sexual selection, with a 7 sided dice that cannot be supported and can make a feature too big or too developed to be useful (but still gets the +1 for exaptations). Do you want gills to be our SS vote and then use your personal vote for something else, or do you want to use your vote for the gills and than use the SS vote for sometihing else?
hmmmm... my gill vote was mainly towards turning the the external gill structure into something that can eventually become fins later, but honestly im willing to do whatever you want

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2021, 08:17:18 pm »

hmmmm... my gill vote was mainly towards turning the the external gill structure into something that can eventually become fins later, but honestly im willing to do whatever you want
Turning our opercola into fins? That sound a bit complex, especially when we don't even have an endoskeleton yet . Also i think we could go in a more serpent-like direction, once we evolve a  way to keep ourselves rigid, something i intend to do in the next turn. Speaking of jaws, i think i decided on our sex vote.
True jaws: The spikes on our fleshy mandibles begin to grow inward as well, locking and melding together to form a rigid structure that supports the muscles and allows this blish to do something no organism has ever done before: actually bite anything it wants to eat[/b]
As for your vote, either voting for gills or supporting my vote i think are fine choices.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2021, 01:54:18 am »

I updated the thing I support.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35