Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Age of Ideas IC: Hello World (7/16)  (Read 4820 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Resolve of Identity (6/16)
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2020, 11:35:47 pm »

ABSORB: Silence

ACCRETE: Emptiness, Release into Silence
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Resolve of Identity (7/16)
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2020, 12:27:26 am »

Sound
join Temporal Compact
Absorb Alignment
Absorb Glory
Dither
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:55:18 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Hello World (7/16)
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2020, 05:24:36 am »

Age of Ideas: Hello World

A GREAT conflict was about to come off between the Birds and the Beasts. When the two armies were collected together the Bat hesitated which to join. The Birds that passed his perch said: "Come with us"; but he said: "I am a Beast." Later on, some Beasts who were passing underneath him looked up and said: "Come with us"; but he said: "I am a Bird." Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away. He then went to the Beasts, but had soon to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces. "Ah," said the Bat, "I see now

He that is neither one thing nor the other has no friends."

Aesop, "The Bat, the Birds, and the Beasts"

Identity has initiated a grand Project aimed at creating an entire realm where things beyond Ideas can exist. Participate by pledging Ideas to this Project and describing the effects/results and optionally vote for a World-Architect to limit the craziness of your fellow Idea.

(GLOBAL) WORLD. Creates a world. Action cost is halved if participants successfully elect an architect with support from at least 50% of all participants. Any participant may add any Idea-feature to the world unless vetoed by the architect (if there is one). (Accepts most any Idea unless vetoed by the architect, 15A)

Fate has uncovered another great Project with lighter participation requirements. Join the Temporal Compact as a free action to share in the blessing of coherence or flee outside of Fate's Orbit to avoid the curse of linear time.

(GLOBAL) BEGIN. Enforces chronology, speeding up Crystallization for everyone with an Orbit lower than Fate's. Action cost decreases as more Greater Ideas enter the Temporal Compact. (Accepts two of Continuity or Direction or Order, 9A)

Luck and Idol have what appear to be Leads for great Projects. Perhaps co-ruminating on them with spare actions would be helpful for uncovering them.

With the proliferation of sapient Ideas, something related to Naming is bound to turn up sooner or later. It may be a good idea for the discerning Idea to stockpile sapient Ideas...

With the threat of Scarcity rendered scarce by the combined efforts of Luck, Fate, and Chaos, Luck halted Luck alteration and focused on reabsorbing the fragment of Luck released from Scarcity's dissolution. Luck also took Scarcity itself and synthesized it with Quantity to obtain Numbers.

Luck requests that Growth and Continuity be co-architects on the WORLD. Project rather than Fate, but without their participation in the building process, it's uncertain whether this will happen.

Contradiction took in Bifurcation and ruminated on the Principle of Explosion. Contrary to its rather unexciting conventional definition, it will likely provide a crude means of harnessing the mnemonic energy released when an unstable Idea decays and a Lead aimed at improving this process. (By process of elimination, the less thrilling principle of explosion is almost surely represented by the Lead about improved Synthesis actions.)

Silence reabsorbed Silence and accreted Emptiness and Release into Silence. It would appear this Greater Idea is the strong, silent type.

Fate captured Consistency and the wayward copy of Fate (which Fate immediately tasked with participation in the WORLD. Project (18A->17A)). Naturally, Fate nominated Fate for the position of World-Architect, but this vote is apparently purchasable for the negligible cost of joining the Temporal Compact.

Sound joined the Temporal Compact (12A->9A) and brought it a few steps closer to completion. Coincidentally, the barely formed world seems to be in less danger of accidental deletion/disaster.

Sound additionally absorbed Alignment and Glory and dithered the Idea of Rock into existence to Idol's undoubted chagrin.

Chaos absorbed the Ideas of Ending and Alignment and invested Unique in the WORLD (17A->16A), but Alignment slipped into Sound's grasp. Chaos has yet to specify what Unique means for the nascent world, and Chaos' vote for Chaos as World-Architect has been autocorrupted to a vote for Unique as World-Architect.

Idol absorbed Center and Glory and contributed Belief to the WORLD. (16A->15A) only to find that Sound had snatched Glory and worse, Rock. As with Chaos, Idol may still specify what Belief means for the world. Regarding the World Architect position, Idol nominated Idol/Identity, but as neither are invested in the Project, this has been autocorrupted to a vote for Belief.

Chaos and Idol are about halfway to gaining a point of Crystallization.

WORLD.

Architect: None
  • 1 vote for Belief: Belief
  • 1 vote for Fate: Fate
  • 1 vote for Unique: Unique

Metrics of unknown meaning:
  • Total Ideas: 4
  • Total Greater Idea-contributed Ideas: 3
  • Anger: Unknown
  • Balance: OK?
  • Division: Unknown
  • Multiplication: Unknown
  • Stability: Very low

Ideas invested:
  • Belief (sapient!, contributed by Idol): Please provide description
  • Duty (contributed freely): (Lesser Ideas are not memorable enough to contribute detailed descriptions)
  • Fate (sapient!, contributed by Fate): Almost all major events (i.e. those involving more than 16 people) of the world are fated to occur in a certain manner, time and place, building upon each other to form the unstoppable trend of history. However, many minor details have a broad range of variance and probability, from whether this person decides to eat toast or cereal for breakfast, or that wears a pink shirt or a white shirt. But they will inevitable find, through coincidence and contrivance that history and the timeline maintains certain shape, no matter how they try to break it, assuming they manage to gain time travel powers or future vision or something.
  • Unique (weak, sapient!, contributed by Chaos): Please provide description

Silence ominously eclipsed Fate and Sound as part of the already-described alignment of Chaos, Silence, and Fate, and the Chaos-Luck-Contradiction alignment persists, but there are new near-conjunctions involving Luck, Contradiction, Fate, and Sound. Luck is the least affected of the group with only a conjunction of Fate and Sound (and no prophecies to speak of), but Contradiction and Sound are in relatively close opposition with respect to Fate. This alignment is still not expected to do too much, but maybe it would be lucky for Contradiction to speak more loudly than usual. Not being part of any formations or alignments, Idol remains lonely, but this will probably change soon.

From the WORLD site, Fate and Chaos are in opposition, and this is likely to be good for balance but not for the agendas of either Greater Idea. Hard work on the WORLD will likely be fiercer for these two. There is (and was) a near-conjunction of Silence, Fate, and Sound which, overall, is expected to tip the scales in favor of Fate slightly.

The Idea of Duty spontaneously left to become one with the WORLD. Project as was its Duty, and so did a number of other less significant Ideas. It's likely that the number of Lesser Ideas doing this will increase. Incidentally, the Idea of Gluttony has merged with the Idea of Labor for no particularly good reason.
  • Desistence (:2)
  • Gluttony (:2)
  • Conformity (:1)
  • Identity (:1, sapient!)
  • Compliance (:3)
  • Conflict (:4, sentient)
  • Energy (:5, strong, sentient)
  • Pattern (:2, weak)
  • Shape (:3)
  • Subversion (:3)
  • Wonder (:5, strong, sentient)

It is currently the Age of Ideas. Speech has been discovered but not Naming. Three actions are available for each Greater Idea.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (3 available) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free actions (click to show/hide)

The next update is scheduled for 72h (3d) from now or after everyone posts whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:02:42 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2020, 05:34:35 am »

Absorb: Conformity
Compare: Consistency/Continuity
Compare: Fate/Direction

Proposal (Sound): Transcend/Swap our orbits?
Accept Transfer Request
Transcend [Fate <-> Sound]: Fate reaches Orbit 9
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 11:42:06 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2020, 08:38:24 am »

Copy Wonder! Copy Conflict! Copy Energy!
The clash of noise, sound, bodies moving to the beat. A new idea has arisen! Make way for the next collaborative hit between Idol and Sound, Idol Rock! Wonder in the lack of Silence!

(I'll be sure to Teach you some things later Sound.)

Belief: Belief in the existence of the world, it's identity, belief in souls and the gods above. Belief in Life and Sound and Idols.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:02:35 am by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2020, 09:03:42 am »

1. REFUTE IDENTITY INTO A PUFF OF LOGIC
"IDENTITY IS A BEING OF ID, IS IT NOT? "COGITO ERGO SUM", I THINK THEREFORE I AM. BUT IDENTITY, DO YOU REALLY THINK? THE IDEA OF THOUGHT IS NAUGHT, THEREFORE HOW CAN YOU BE OF ID?!"

2. RUMINATE EX FALSO QUODLIBET

3. RUMINATE EX FALSO QUODLIBET

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2020, 09:26:05 am »

"IDENTITY IS A BEING OF ID, IS IT NOT? "COGITO ERGO SUM", I THINK THEREFORE I AM. BUT IDENTITY, DO YOU REALLY THINK? THE IDEA OF THOUGHT IS NAUGHT, THEREFORE HOW CAN YOU BE OF ID?!"

Beware, less you yourself refute yourself. Though Existence does not exist, you would argue Identity also does not exist? What say you, that we would return to nothingness? Shapeless masses that do not think. That is the sum of Unique, being the only thinking being amongst those without identity.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2020, 09:34:47 am »

Accept Transfer Request
Absorb Desistence
World Project: Add Rock: Rock is a hard material made up of multiple minerals
Nominate Duty as architect
Extrapolate Sound
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:15:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2020, 09:40:32 am »

Luck decides to work on the World project, using Numbers and Growth with which to do so. Numbers, of course, are the building blocks upon which the world is built, for quantities must be numerable to be known as real or imaginary. Growth, meanwhile, is necessary for change, allowing the contents of the world to become what they may, and allowing the world itself to develop past what is merely constructed by the Ideas.
So, as I suggested. Growth and Continuity as co-architects? Or can Growth not do that because they're down there working?
Fate and Luck? We each have a spare self due to their messiness.

Luck then considers absorbing Wonder, but notices that Idol (and Sound...) is already working on that, and backs off. They instead decide to start extrapolating some new ideas from their self, Luck.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:38:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2020, 09:55:36 am »

Luck decides to work on the World project, using Numbers and Growth with which to do so. Numbers, of course, are the building blocks upon which the world is built, for quantities must be numerable to be known as real or imaginary. Growth, meanwhile, is necessary for change, allowing the contents of the world to become what they may, and allowing the world itself to develop past what is merely constructed by the Ideas.
So, as I suggested. Growth and Continuity as co-architects? Or can Growth not do that because they're down there working?
Fate and Luck? We each have a spare self due to their messiness.

Luck then considers absorbing Wonder, but notices that Idol is already working on that, and backs off. They instead begin to Ruminate upon improved luck manipulation.
Continuity: Insufficient action broadband
Fate&Luck: ...acceptable

Nominate Duty as architect
Acknowledged.

Seconding.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:33:32 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »

Copy: [Fate -> Continuity]
Copy: [Fate -> Order]
Absorb: Energy

Quote from: World Idea-Feature (Unique)
Within the world at any given time there exists a unique individual Known as "the hero" who defies- and by proxy does not have any tie to- fate, this allows them to wildly change the grand fated events of history for better or for worse because their actions will always have a greater meaning then those of the ubiquitous masses.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2020, 04:04:50 pm »

Beware, less you yourself refute yourself. Though Existence does not exist, you would argue Identity also does not exist? What say you, that we would return to nothingness? Shapeless masses that do not think. That is the sum of Unique, being the only thinking being amongst those without identity.

CONTRADICTION IS NOT IDENTITY, IT IS CONTRADICTION

CONTRADICTION IS NOT EXISTENCE, IT IS CONTRADICTION!

CONTRADICTION DOES NOT EXIST, IS IT CONTRADICTORY? YES! BECAUSE IT IS CONTRADICTION!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2020, 04:20:50 pm »

CONTRADICTION DOES NOT EXIST, IS IT CONTRADICTORY? YES! BECAUSE IT IS CONTRADICTION!

By nature do you refute your own self, by nature do you not refute yourself. But in both, do you have the right to refute Identity? If not, then you are Contridiction. If so, you are not Contradiction for one thing holds true in both cases, and thus have no rights. Contradiction! Your lies are made upon beds of nothing, they cannot exist without failure being a possibility you can never Refute. This too is Contradiction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2020, 04:24:38 pm »

Luck looks up from the little notepad where they're jotting down Luck-related things over at Idol and Contradiction.
The heck are you guys doing over there?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »

By nature do you refute your own self, by nature do you not refute yourself. But in both, do you have the right to refute Identity? If not, then you are Contridiction. If so, you are not Contradiction for one thing holds true in both cases, and thus have no rights. Contradiction! Your lies are made upon beds of nothing, they cannot exist without failure being a possibility you can never Refute. This too is Contradiction.

Contradiction uses the heated exchange with Idol to make a breakthrough in the Principle of Explosion!

FALSO EX NIHILO! FALSEHOOD FROM NOTHING!
EX NIHILO QUODLIBET! FROM NOTHING, ANYTHING!
EX FALSO QUODLIBET! FROM FALSEHOOD, ANYTHING!

INDEED, THROUGH FALSEHOOD, CONTRADICTION CAN MAKE ANYTHING FROM NOTHING! SO THIS IS THE PRINCIPLE OF EXPLOSION!

Contradiction uses the power of Poof to question Idol

PER ACTUM ARGUMENTUM! PROOF BY ACTION!

I REFUTE, THEREFORE I CAN REFUTE! IDOL STATES CONTRADICTION HAS NO RIGHT, BUT CONTRADICTION JUST PROVED IT HAS THE RIGHT!

IDOL STATEMENT IS CONTRADICTORY, IE "TAKE THAT"!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7