Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 110917 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)
« Reply #1770 on: January 12, 2021, 08:56:31 pm »

Ability spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C85tD_5ZO7gFRMgqN4umG-YcKViUNqOGya11iY_eMfk/edit?usp=sharing

You can tell when I stopped writing Day actions down because I couldn't handle it all.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 12, 2021, 09:01:09 pm »

Hidden
juicebox - Horseman of Famine
(Auto) Horseman Of Famine: While you are the Horseman Of Famine, your Shifted During Delivery allows you to choose the alignment for any player that has it instead.
If I'd been crowned the horseman of famine, I could have abused Speedwagon and duped Shifted During Delivery onto everyone, to recruit multiple people every day.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 12, 2021, 09:02:05 pm »

I feel like I would have been better served this game by just following all my gutreads/tinfoils and ignored everything else.  Toonyman town, Toaster town, FoU scum, Jim scum... was a lot better than the actual reads I espoused while I was alive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 12, 2021, 09:02:58 pm »

Reading the scumchat for this was great. I expected a lot more "Vector you dingus" and a lot less "Vector's gonna chew us up." But seriously, you all did really well. I'm especially impressed by NT for not cracking and FoU for playing towncore for the first 3-or-so days. FoU, other than your jumpy start (which I attributed to your not being used to having a power role, heh), I couldn't cotton onto you at all until D4 when the gloves came off.

And NJW ... uh ... thanks for the townie-fight to end all townie-fights, that was fun.

neither heydude nor tric was a 3rd party, huh :v
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 12, 2021, 09:03:25 pm »

Player roles at the end!

heydude6:
Role Name: Gungeoneer
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 8
Abilities:
(Auto) Ammo: All abilities other than Roguelite that you gain become X-Shots. If that ability would not normally be an X-Shot, it becomes a 1-Shot. Additionally, you may freely use one Gun action each Phase.
(Auto) Pickup: You may pick-up Tech, Hats, Badges, and Guns that other players discard.
(1-Shot, Auto) Dodge Roll: If you are the target of a Kill action, block ALL Kill actions this round.
(Day) Roguelite: Choose an ability you have. Remove that ability. Receive 2 Guns. Pick one and add it to your role.
(2-Shot, Gun) Rusty Sidearm [target]: It barely works. Reduce the target by 1 HP.
(2-Shot, Gun) Rogue Special [target]: Inaccurate but efficient. This is always a free action. Reduce the target by 1 HP 50% of the time.
(2-Shot, Night, Gun) Dart Gun [target]: Sticky darts. Reduce the target by 1 HP. Track the target and see who they target this Night.
(2-Shot, Night, Gun) Slinger [target]: Dodge this! Reduce the target by 1 HP. If this has no remaining shots, block the target.
(Information) HP: All players start the game with 3 HP. Whenever you are reduced to 0 HP, you die.
(Information - Item) Gun: Guns are Items that act as X-Shot abilities. When you die, you drop all Guns you have. Guns can only be used after Day 1.
(Information) Guns:
(3-Shot, Gun) Marine Sidearm [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP.
(2-Shot, Gun) Helix [target (x2)]: Reduce the targets by 1 HP.
(1-Shot, Night, Gun) Grenade Launcher [target]: Reduce the target by 2 HP. If this kills the target, reduce another random player by 1 HP.
(1-Shot, Gun) Com4nd0: Choose a player. Reduce the player by 2 HP.
(1-Shot, Night, Gun) Phoenix [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. Reduce the target’s target by 1 HP.
(4-Shot, Gun) Boxing Glove [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. Block the target.
(2-Shot, Gun) Dungeon Eagle [target]: You can choose to charge the shot against the target, firing during the next Phase. If you do, ignore Protect actions on the target.
(1-Shot, Day, Gun) Charmed Bow [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. They cannot vote for you during this Phase.
(2-Shot, Night, Gun) Triple Crossbow [target (x1,3)]: This can only target 1 player when fired on odd Days, and 3 players when fired on even Days. Reduce the target(s) by 1 HP.
(2-Shot, Gun) 38 Special [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. Reduce the target by 1 HP if they are targeting you.
(1-Shot, Gun) Hyper Light Blaster [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. If this hits a target, reload this ability.
(2-Shot, Night, Gun) Grey Mauser [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. When you use the last Shot, you hide from all abilities this Phase.
(2-Shot, Day, Gun) Poxcannon [target]: Infect the target with Pox.
(1-Shot, Night, Gun) Compressed Air Tank [target]: Fires a shark at the target. Reduce the target by 3 HP.
(1-Shot, Auto, Gun) Bee Hive: Reduce any player(s) who target you by 1 HP.
(1-Shot, Gun) Excalibur [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. Steal the target’s vote if this is used during the Day Phase.
(3-Shot, Night, Gun) Starpew [target]: Reduce the target by 1 HP. Each time this Gun is fired, increase the damage by 1 HP.
(1-Shot, Gun) Crown Of Guns [target (xAny)]: Reduce the targets by 1 HP.
(1-Shot, Gun) Makeshift Cannon [target]: Reduce the target by 100 HP.
(Information - Status) Pox: At the end of each Phase. Reduce your HP by 1. If this reduces your to 1 HP, remove Pox.

NJW2000:
Role Name: Rock Lobster
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 4
Abilities:
(Auto) Part Rock: You’re only 50% Lobster, so you start with 6 HP instead of 3 HP.
(Auto) But It Wasn't A Rock: Whenever your role or an ability you own is Disabled, Stolen, or Removed by another player, give the triggering player the It Was A Rock Lobster.
(1-Shot, Auto) Shell: You tough exterior saves your posterior. You revive once on death.
{P3/5/10} (2-Shot, Night) Selfish Shellfish [target]: That song was awful. Block, protect, and watch the target as you force them to listen to it.
{P2} (Any): Matching Towels [target (x1-2)]: Give the target(s) a matching towel for one Phase. Any action aimed at them will hit you, and any action aimed at you will hit them.
(Information) HP: All players start the game with 3 HP. Whenever you are reduced to 0 HP or lower, you die.
(Information - Status) It Was A Rock Lobster: You and all abilities you have are Disabled for one Cycle.

TricMagic:
Role Name: Hat Kid
Shenanigans: 11
Abilities:
(Auto) Badge Seller: At the start of the game and during each Night Phase, pick a Badge. You can find that Badge available for sale at the Badge Seller. You gain 100 pons each Cycle.
(Auto) New Game+: Someone with a mustache has stolen your Hats and given them to other players! When a player with a Hat dies, you recover it!
(Auto) THE Hat Kid: You may use two additional Hat actions per Phase.
(Information - Item) Hat: Hats are actions that can be used once free each Phase.
(Information) Hats:
{P2} (Night, Hat) Sprint Hat [target]: Run really fast and intercept all actions targeting the target.
{P3} (Night, Hat) Time Stop Hat [target]: Slow time down for the target. Delay their action by one Cycle.
Brewing Hat - Involves throwing explosive potions,
{P3} (Night, Hat) Brewing Hat [target]: Throw an explosive potion at the target, blocking them because you’re kind of a crazy lass.
{P5} (Night, Hat) Ice Hat [target]: Freeze the target, protecting them from Kills and Guns this Phase.
{P10} (Night, Hat) Dweller Mask: Materialize items from the ether. Generate a random Tech, Badge, or Gun.
(Information - Item) Badge: Badges are 1-Shot Modifier or Auto abilities that can be given to other players when purchased or created. Some of them have negative effects. All Badges drop on death.
(Information) Badges:
Projectile Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Modifier) Projectile Badge: Whenever you use an action, you may use an additional action.
Fast Hatter Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Modifier) Fast Hatter Badge: Whenever you use an action, you may have that action apply at Priority 0 instead of its normal Priority.
Hookshot Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Modifier) Hookshot Badge: Whenever you use an action, you may avoid redirects, randomization, and tracking abilities.
Hover Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Auto) Hover Badge: Whenever you use an ability that would kill you, that ability fails instead.
Item Magnet Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Auto) Item Magnet Badge: Whenever a Tech or Gun is used on you, you instead collect it and use it yourself.
No Bonk Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Modifier) No Bonk Badge: Whenever you use a kill action, it fails.
1-Hit Hero Badge - 100 pons
(Auto) 1-Hit Hero Badge: Your HP becomes 1.
Scooter Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Auto) Scooter Badge: Whenever you Hide from other abilities, your action fails instead.
Compass Badge - 100 pons
{PT} (1-Shot, Modifier) Compass Badge: Whenever you use an action, you may instead have it target the first person that targets you.

Luckyowl:
Role Name: Captain of the Cheerleader Squad
Shenanigans: 5
Abilities:
(Auto) Squad: Whenever you use an action, you may also choose another player that is not your target. Reveal that player's Hidden Squad modifier. You may use that modifier to modify your action before the ability resolves. Each Modifier may only be used once.
(Auto) Town, Town, Don't Let Me Down: As the most popular person in school, when you die, you nominate a player to act as King for the next Day Phase. This ability changes if your alignment changes.
(Day) Hey Yo, Let's Go [target]: Cheer the target on. The target can use an additional action during the next Night Phase.
{P5} (Night) Here We Go, Town, Here We Go [target]: Uplift the target. If they are the same alignment as you, protect them from all Kill actions. If a Mafiakill action is used on the target, remove that ability. This ability changes if your alignment changes.

Nirur Torir:
Role Name: None Pizza Left Beef
Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.
Shenanigans: 8
Abilities:
{PX} (Auto) None Pizza: When you None at Night, you may make an action instead. This action is unaffected by other actions and does not trigger actions. Because you Noned.
(Auto) Shifted During Delivery: Choose a player. Inspects against that player receive an alignment of your choice instead. You may change this once per Night Phase.
{P10} (Any) Pizza Party [target]: You host a pizza party with the target. Choose an ability you own. Give it to the target. The target chooses an ability they own to give back to you. If you give an Auto ability, you may keep a copy of it.
{P7} (Mafiakill) Delivery Of One Monstrosity [target1] [target2]: Your pizza is so awful it causes target1 to kill target2, in addition to their original action.

FallacyofUrist:
Role Name: Ronald McDonald Except He's the Catgirl Knight of Obligation From Mafiakart Racing In Disguise, With a Side of Speedwagon Foundation Brand Fries, To Go
Alignment: Meowfia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.
Shenanigans: 6.9420
Abilities:
(Auto) Curbside Service: At the beginning of each Day Phase, choose one of Ronald McDonald, Catgirl Knight of Obligation, or Speedwagon Foundation Brand Fries that is not currently your role. Remove your role and gain that role. You can never lose this ability, and other players cannot gain this ability.
(Information - Role) Ronald McDonald
(Day) Happy Meal [target/self]: Items have no effect against the target or you until the end of the next Night Phase.
{P4} (Night) Clown Fiesta [target x(1-2)]: Randomise the target(s). If a player has Fries, you may have the targets instead target that player.
{P3} (Night) Hammuggler [target]: Call up a favor. The target is blocked from actioning this round. If another player has Fries, you may block that player as well.
(Information - Role) Catgirl Knight of Obligation
(Auto) Nyahaha: Mew must speak like a catgirl! If mew want. There is technically no penalty for not speaking like a catgirl.
(Auto) Catculated Duel: Whenever mew have your Catknightly Abilities: Claws, Agility, and Tail, mew gain them on all roles you own.
(Day) Pounce [target]: Mew pounce on the target, inspecting their role for a hidden snyack. You learn one random Auto ability, one random action, and all Hidden abilities. If the target has Fries, gain a Catknightly Ability.
{P7} (Meowfiakill) Execute [target]: Mew stop the target and ask for a toll. The cost, of course, is their life. Gain a Catknightly Ability.
(Information) Catknightly Ability: You have a list of abilities that are not available to you at the start of the game. Instead, you gain abilities from this list. Once a respective ability is obtained, it is no longer able to be gained again in this game.
-   (Auto) Claws: Your Meowfiakills are myore purrcise and strike through purrtection and immewnity.
-   (Auto) Agility: Mew have an additional non-Meowfiakill action each Phase if mew use the Mafiakill.
-   (Modifier) Tail: If your target has Items, you may take one at random. Nyahaha, all the snyacks are myine
(Information - Role) Speedwagon Foundation Brand Fries
(Auto) Five Fries For Free: You have 5 Fries that you can hand out. Fries improve your other abilities. You gain 1 Fries at the beginning of each Day Phase.
(Auto) Speedwagon: You don’t accelerate an additional 25 KPH. Choose a player. If you are blocked, redirected, or randomized while not performing a Mafiakill ability, target that player in addition to your original target. You may transfer this ability to another role or player.
(Auto) Off-Brand: Choose a role name and any number of fake abilities. Whenever you are inspected, you show your role and abilities as that.
{P10} (Any) Drive-Thru [target (xAny)]: You drive some Fries to the target(s). If this would target more targets than Fries you have, you distribute them randomly.
(Information - Status) Fries: Wow! Free fries! This definitely will have no repercussions!

Hidden
juicebox - Horseman of Famine
(Auto) Horseman Of Famine: While you are the Horseman Of Famine, your Shifted During Delivery allows you to choose the alignment for any player that has it instead.
If I'd been crowned the horseman of famine, I could have abused Speedwagon and duped Shifted During Delivery onto everyone, to recruit multiple people every day.
That's a typo, for sure. I probably would've changed it, since it's underpowered the way I intended it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 12, 2021, 09:04:46 pm »

I actually only had ONE Third Party! I felt like everyone expects way more of them, so if I run a game without them, it only makes them that much more mysterious...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 12, 2021, 09:05:19 pm »

I actually only had ONE Third Party! I felt like everyone expects way more of them, so if I run a game without them, it only makes them that much more mysterious...
Some of us still remember six SKs + SK Ally.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 12, 2021, 09:06:39 pm »

PHEW! I'M BEAT! ANYONE ELSE WANT TO RUN A GAME NOW?

Technically, it was 9, if you counted by mechanics. Tiruin was a Town doomsayer that killed everyone on the 13th Phase, and someone else had murder power in the Town. That setup was my favorite.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 12, 2021, 09:07:53 pm »

Technically, it was 9, if you counted by mechanics. Tiruin was a Town doomsayer that killed everyone on the 13th Phase, and someone else had murder power in the Town. That setup was my favorite.
Yes, Scripten was a town arsonist.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 12, 2021, 09:15:50 pm »

Did my single Leave Comment action on Tric actually do anything?

What kind of mess happened the last Night?

YES WUBA-SENSEI!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 12, 2021, 09:17:09 pm »

From this game, I guess that I learned to be less suspicious. nod nod

All's well that ends well!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 12, 2021, 09:17:53 pm »

Reading the deadchat, I find out that I am one of the most hated players here once again. I do genuinely care about improving though, but I'm confused by two things:

1. What was wrong with killing Juicebox? He would have been a pain-in-the-ass to read in the later days and would have lurked his way to victory if he was scum.

2. People hated my walls-of-texts. Clearly they didn't work, but I don't know what else I'm supposed to do? I was town, and poorly made arguments were being thrown against me. I had to defend myself or else there'd be a mislynch. What were the flaws in my arguments against Nirur Torir?

Anyway, I don't know how the tone came across in this, but I don't want you to think it's a hostile one. I'm the newbie here and I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss the advice of experts. I just want to understand, cause I currently don't. Please give me a chance.  :'(
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 12, 2021, 09:19:22 pm »

Did my single Leave Comment action on Tric actually do anything?
You got delayed on Night 3. Your ability would likely have given them their own Catknightly ability or something similar.

Reading the deadchat, I find out that I am one of the most hated players here once again. I do genuinely care about improving though, but I'm confused by two things:

1. What was wrong with killing Juicebox? He would have been a pain-in-the-ass to read in the later days and would have lurked his way to victory if he was scum.

2. People hated my walls-of-texts. Clearly they didn't work, but I don't know what else I'm supposed to do? I was town, and poorly made arguments were being thrown against me. I had to defend myself or else there'd be a mislynch. What were the flaws in my arguments against Nirur Torir?

Anyway, I don't know how the tone came across in this, but I don't want you to think it's a hostile one. I'm the newbie here and I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss the advice of experts. I just want to understand, cause I currently don't. Please give me a chance.  :'(
Lol! A lot of people thought you were SK, so that's half of the hate! The long WoT was mostly just that... nobody was reading it! You need to have short and to the point things to convince the Town. They feel a bit distracting, honestly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 12, 2021, 09:20:02 pm »

Frankly mate, you did great. We, ze mafia, considered you the greatest threat to our victory, both day-game wise and night-game wise. Unfortunately a lot of people were exhausted by that point in the game, and shooting Vector tanked the town's chances of winning a lot, so...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 12, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »

Can you give some examples of what Leave Comments could have done? I'm a little sad that they didn't get used.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 122