Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111465 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 4 - You Definitely Screwed Up
« Reply #1665 on: January 10, 2021, 08:38:21 am »

[color=!!!]Leafsnail Leafsnail[/color], valiant but I have Excalibur. 4 to lynch, but scum can't hammer without dying.

We can afford to remove Leafsnail now. We can't afford to go into the next night and I just get roleblocked again. That's asking for a lucky death.

Oh, this is awkward. I have the Item Magnet Badge. So the Hold Out Blaster can't even harm me, I'll just end up snatching it. Yoink.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:24 am »

I activate hold-out blaster.
[color=!!!]Leafsnail Leafsnail[/color], valiant but I have Excalibur. 4 to lynch, but scum can't hammer without dying.

We can afford to remove Leafsnail now. We can't afford to go into the next night and I just get roleblocked again. That's asking for a lucky death.

Oh, this is awkward. I have the Item Magnet Badge. So the Hold Out Blaster can't even harm me, I'll just end up snatching it. Yoink.
Like I said, a fancy trick that doesn't beat my hat tricks.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1667 on: January 10, 2021, 08:49:12 am »

can we vote out Leafsnail? he's obviously scum.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 10, 2021, 08:53:03 am »

It does seem that the hold-out blaster outed him... not sure how else he got hold of it.

Leafsnail: how come you have the blaster?
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 10, 2021, 09:11:55 am »

Unvote for now

Given I have the Item Magnet, me being the one to end them makes more sense. Town wouldn't hammer otherwise, which is what Leafsnail was going for. It is a bit interesting, but there should be no way for him to have it with his role.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1670 on: January 10, 2021, 09:22:04 am »

Unvote for now

Given I have the Item Magnet, me being the one to end them makes more sense. Town wouldn't hammer otherwise, which is what Leafsnail was going for. It is a bit interesting, but there should be no way for him to have it with his role.

By all means. End them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 10, 2021, 09:59:18 am »

That would need two votes on them for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 10, 2021, 11:42:17 am »

Aight, point one. It's four votes to hammer. But...

Point two. If the Day ends without a hammer, the player with the most votes on them is lynched.

So if we can all agree to not vote, and just let Tric vote Leafsnail, then Leafsnail gets lynched and the magnet saves Tric. If you read Jim Groovester's role flip, you can see the exact mechanics of the Hold-Out Blaster - it targets a random player who voted the user. If only Tric votes Leafsnail, then it's guaranteed to hit him, but if more of us vote Leafsnail and/or he's hammered, there's a chance it's not Tric who gets shot. And only Tric has the Item Magnet Badge so far, right?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2021, 12:10:55 pm »

Just so I don't have to twiddle my thumbs, you do realize that you CAN Shorten.

Just... to save us all from boredom. Like, please.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2021, 12:15:06 pm »

I'm in the middle of typing my thing. Please don't end the day before I finish.

Thanks for the suggestion though Web.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2021, 12:18:39 pm »

Point two. If the Day ends without a hammer, the player with the most votes on them is lynched.

So if we can all agree to not vote, and just let Tric vote Leafsnail, then Leafsnail gets lynched and the magnet saves Tric. If you read Jim Groovester's role flip, you can see the exact mechanics of the Hold-Out Blaster - it targets a random player who voted the user. If only Tric votes Leafsnail, then it's guaranteed to hit him, but if more of us vote Leafsnail and/or he's hammered, there's a chance it's not Tric who gets shot. And only Tric has the Item Magnet Badge so far, right?

That how it works?

Leafsnail Leafsnail, Shortening Time. My Hat Trick is unmatched. Webadict, vote list?

Meanwhile, can I please not get roleblocked tonight? Can't protect if I can't act.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2021, 12:41:59 pm »

can we vote out Leafsnail? he's obviously scum.
Well, yeah. It's only safe for Tric to vote him, but the shorten plan sounds good to me.

I'm in the middle of typing my thing. Please don't end the day before I finish.
I'm still placing my vote to Shorten, since we know Leafsnail's 99% sure to be scum. Should leave you with enough time to post your thing, I just want to get this out here.

You have to fight it hard. The town needs people they can trust. I'm trying to convince them that Trickmagic and I are those people.

I will give more detailed arguments for our innocence tomorrow. Right now I need to sleep.
I'd also like to make the point that this is a good point, but flawed. Proving yourself or others town should be a secondary priority to proving others to be scum. Proving others scum tells you who to vote for and who to shoot - proving others town only tells you who not to shoot/vote. What I'd really appreciate from you would be some actual case posts. Heck, I'd even be satisfied with a case on me if you were thorough about it. It'd be better than just day killing me out of the blue, for sure. (Why on earth did you shoot Vector in the middle of the day instead of using your daykill to get us an effective double lynch - sending it in at the end of the day at the current lynch target so the votecount resets and time gets extended but the end result is we get to lynch 'again')

As far as I can see, there are three potential cases here.

Case one. Heydude is town. I'd really hope this is the case, honestly, his sheer killing potential and secondary utility might even make it possible to fight the scum without the lynch being an option. Things like sending Tric the Excaliber and heydude's casebuilding and megaposts make this seem likely.

Case two. Heydude is mafia. We can't rule out this being the case, unfortunately. While hypothetically a mafia Heydude would have given one of his team the Excaliber and just ended the day, that's not necessarily true, just very likely, as it's possible there are hidden restrictions involved with using guns or such. Heydude is basically solely responsible for night killing this game, which could be a mafia gambit.

Or... most worrisome. Case three. Heydude is a Serial Killer. Which would be very bad, and based on the sheer power level of Heydude's role? The easy daykills and night kills and potentially even multi kills? Apparently surviving a daykill attack on him (though that could be a lie, though I can't figure out why he would lie about that instead of keeping it hidden)? The additional secondary utility? In a game like this, the only way to give a serial killer third party a good shot at winning would be to give him the power to go head to head against both the town and the mafia. Heydude's oddly fixated on proving his own towniness, and if he didn't have a team, giving Tric the Excaliber could be a potent gambit to make himself seem town, so he can keep killing and eventually wipe everyone out. This is the case I'm most worried about, and means we're not even in the majority anymore. 1 SK, 3 townies, 3 mafia. We're contending with multiple sources of night kill if this is the case.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2021, 12:59:50 pm »

I'd like to wait for Leafsnail to give an answer as to how he got the holdout blaster at least. Or publically refuse to, either works.

This works... unless scum simply vote someone else.

Which is a bit of a problem, if they vote Tricmagic: suddenly no Excalibur for Town, no protection... our winning probability becomes far lower. Of course, they can't do that if Leafsnail's scum, which looks quite likely given the no-explanation holdout blaster.

I am willing to reveal that my survival ability isn't built towards avoiding kills during the day (or indeed lynches during the night), so I'd really rather not be voting Leafsnail along with Tric.

{PT} (1-Shot, Tech) Hold-Out Blaster: If you die or are lynched during this Phase, kill the player that targeted you or a random player who voted you.
Another option is to make everyone vote Leafsnail... some chance scum dies. (Or at least the players collectively considered most dubious. Hard to say who gets to have an input into that discussion, except for obviously Tric and obviously not Leafsnail.) It's a 50% chance of killing town, and a 33% chance of killing mafia, if everyone votes Leafsnail and Leafsnail is scum. Not terrible odds, but not great.

Looking at Leafsnail's posts, he does seem to be pushing a heydude lynch a bit... not sure if we can get something from that.

Does anyone have any day-protects? Could be useful in dealing with this.
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 10, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »

Heydude / TricMagic: How many shots does the Excaliber gun have?

Does anyone have any day-protects? Could be useful in dealing with this.
Wouldn't that be nice. So many daykills this game.

Another option is to make everyone vote Leafsnail... some chance scum dies. (Or at least the players collectively considered most dubious. Hard to say who gets to have an input into that discussion, except for obviously Tric and obviously not Leafsnail.) It's a 50% chance of killing town, and a 33% chance of killing mafia, if everyone votes Leafsnail and Leafsnail is scum. Not terrible odds, but not great.
We can't get a number of votes over the hammer, so only four players (three if Tric double-votes) can be voting him at day end. And what if someone simply refuses to vote for him? Do we assume they're scum, or what if they're town not wanting to get shot?

Looking at Leafsnail's posts, he does seem to be pushing a heydude lynch a bit... not sure if we can get something from that.
Definitely worth looking at, but could just as easily be distancing, and doesn't mean anything if Heydude is an SK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2021, 01:57:22 pm »

One-shot in this case.

Generally, once the day is shortened that is it. An obvious solution is for everyone else to unvote. Any trying to push another kill is scum.

Ealrier Leafsnail completely refused to make any post about why I used it on him, but chose to go after Heydude earlier, a reason why I didn't say I had it and just asked. Heydude confirmed who he gave it to before I used it as well, so that's his action confirmed. Leafsnail has been lurking and working to make votes on easy cases, but never uses his vote. It often remains for long periods of time just sitting somewhere.

Combine Lynch the Lurker, Lynch the Holdout, and Lynch the Lier, you get Leafsnail.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 122