Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111601 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1440 on: January 06, 2021, 03:00:34 pm »

Leafsnail, I thought heydude had been copped scum. I misinterpreted LO's post when they talked about having "results."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 06, 2021, 03:19:31 pm »

Web: can we have an emergency 24 hour extension due to the ongoing political disruption in the US?
Sure, that seems okay.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 06, 2021, 03:20:36 pm »

Eh, what’s happening in the USA?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:18 pm »

Despite living here, no clue. Don't watch tv too much.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:47 pm »

Go check the AmeriPol thread, I'm not bringing it here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 06, 2021, 03:24:58 pm »

Web: can we have an emergency 24 hour extension due to the ongoing political disruption in the US?
Sure, that seems okay.

PS, thank you Wubba.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 06, 2021, 03:25:08 pm »

At a glance, don't want to. Too depressing.

Can we agree that Leafsnail needs to go? Easy open and shut lynches also apply to lurkers seeking easy cases. And your role is crazy enough as it is compared to IcyTea.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 06, 2021, 04:08:43 pm »

heydude has been caught in a lie and is relying on mod-error to cover his claim. Easy, open and shut lynch.
Hm. This is a difficult one... what do you usually do in cases of mod-error? It would be deeply unsporting and unusual to fakeclaim it, in my book, but there may be an easy way to check the claim.

Webadict: if a mod error occurred last night, would you tell us?

Unvote, looks like there might be somewhere more productive to put the vote.

Can we agree that Leafsnail needs to go? Easy open and shut lynches also apply to lurkers seeking easy cases. And your role is crazy enough as it is compared to IcyTea.
There's a difference between easily opened and easily shut cases. If Webadict denies the mod error, we had really better kill heydude.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 06, 2021, 04:15:42 pm »

Webadict: if a mod error occurred last night, would you tell us?

Whenever a mistake occurs, I tell the player or players it impacted. I would never mention that an action or actions occurred, as that would potentially confirm roles and actions. It would be silly to think that when I'm spending two to three hours trying to make sure each action is correct that I wouldn't mess them up occasionally.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 06, 2021, 04:17:17 pm »

Thanks. That makes sense.

So that's not an easy way of verifying/falsifying heydude's claim. Well.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 06, 2021, 04:25:01 pm »

I don't think heydude would do a bad faith play like that. Given it would tarnish his rep in the future.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:15 pm »

I really apawreciate how much effort Heydude put into those megapawsts.

I can confirm the existence of his 'tracking dart' as that's the active ability I saw when I day-investigated him, nyaaa.

But what makes me change my mind about him being meowfia is this: Enthusiastic eartwitches~ We've confirmed that HP loss kills, but I saw the 'tracking dart' Gun and it does indeed reduce the target's HP. Said ability is nyot a meowfiakill. If heydude was meowfia, it would allow the scum to get more kills than just their meowfiakill. Each nyight that the scum meowfiakill, Heydude could additionally whittle down the HP of other players. And then finish them off on the same nyight another scum player meowfiakills. I don't think Wuba would give the scum the ability to kill more than just once per night without some sort of harsh penalty or requirement involved, nya?

I do believe Heydude's argument that Tric can't be scum. LuckyOwl still gives off intense 'newbie town' vibes, nyaa~

That just leaves, for people I meowight vote for: Leafsnail, Nirur Torir, NJW2000, and Vector. Just four people. More than feasible to do deep analysis of all of those, even if it takes some time nya.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 06, 2021, 06:25:28 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 2 - Leafsnail*, Luckyowl*,
Leafsnail - 2 - TricMagic*, Vector*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Nirur Torir, NJW2000*, FallacyofUrist, heydude6,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 06, 2021 at 19:00 CST (1 hours and 34 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 06, 2021, 06:26:05 pm »

Ignore Mamobo, it's 24 hours from now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 06, 2021, 06:27:17 pm »

I'd also like to point out that heydude's claim is absurdly late, even though it was clear that we were massclaiming today. He is almost 24 hours later than the next latest claim. I see no reason why it should be so late - he was posting substantive posts earlier in the day, and it's not like his claim was complicated enough that it would take a lot of time to paraphrase. I think he took his time to check everyone else's claims and make sure no other contradictions arise.
I haven't fully claimed my role yet. I'm currently working on a large post to address everything that has happened so far. I was going to put my claim in there as well.
Like, why? Why not just claim first?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 122