Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111485 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1335 on: January 04, 2021, 10:11:17 am »

The sprint hat redirects someone targeting someone to me. Put simply, you could think of it as a patch, though not really given this is the first time I've actually used my abilities.

I can use three hats per phase for free. Can't be the same. Then I have my action and can reuse a hat. Then with an extra action, can reuse another hat. Hat Tricks. Why you asking and misdirecting?

Either way, my claim of docter-esk is not wrong when I have this much protection. Had I the Brewers Hat I would have went for the Compass Badge.

Role Claims people, don't hold back or misdirect. That includes you Leafsnail.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 04, 2021, 11:10:53 am »

With the constructive criticism out of the way, I'll ask you a couple of questions. The first question is whether you used a fast hatter badge. I used mine on my night kill action, because I was afraid scum was going to stop me from pulling it off. Unlike you, they know that I'm not lying when I claim to be one of the most dangerous town roles in the game. The only way you could have stopped me was with a fast hatter badge of your own.

Second question. Based on what you know about your ability, would your redirect have moved my second action to NQT as well? It's not very useful when targeted at a corpse.

Third question for Everyone this time. How likely was it that we no-bonked every mafia member last night? Actually, who had no-bonk badges prior to the 4maskwolf lightning strike?
What? I didn't use a fast hatter badge. I don't even have one, nor have I bought one. So there's no possible way I redirected your kill? Yet you ended up killing NQT anyways. That is... bizarre. Unless you were targeting NQT to begin with?

And for your second question... I think it depends on how wuba interprets how redirect abilities function. So I'm not sure, but feel free to ask him about it.

Third question will take a bit more time to answer, but we should absolutely compile a list of everyone we've no-bonked so far.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 04, 2021, 12:42:01 pm »

Fallacy of Urist
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Finally, if I were scum I wouldn't be the person doing the night-kill. One of my buddies would have done it instead and avoided this whole situation in the first place. Like you pointed out, I leave a very obvious calling card and thus every death can always be traced back to me. If all of my buddies were no-bonked, only then I would have to do the scumkill and pull this gambit. To rule out such a situation, we can look at the people who were no-bonked and try to evaluate their scumminess. If they are sufficiently scummy though, then they should be lynched before me since there's stronger evidence against them.

Either Webadict screwed something up, or someone else was involved in the redirect. We should try to find them. Or your redirect may have just been priority zero. Or Nirur Torir has a passive redirection auto.

Anyway, ask webadict this question and tell me what he says. I can't ask him this myself because I don't have access to your ability description.

"If I use this ability on someone who is able to perform two different actions, on two different targets, in the same phase; will both actions be redirected to the same alternate target of my choosing?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 04, 2021, 12:44:55 pm »

The sprint hat redirects someone targeting someone to me. Put simply, you could think of it as a patch, though not really given this is the first time I've actually used my abilities.

I can use three hats per phase for free. Can't be the same. Then I have my action and can reuse a hat. Then with an extra action, can reuse another hat. Hat Tricks. Why you asking and misdirecting?

I just went back and looked at the description you posted of the ice hat. I was under the impression that the hat could only be used on yourself like in the game. I was wrong, you could use it on others.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 04, 2021, 02:24:18 pm »

Power outage.

Last night, put on hat and self-actioned to get two abilities. I did not actually get those abilities (don’t even know what they are). I was also invited to a pizza party.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 04, 2021, 02:49:41 pm »

^power outage isn’t a mafia thing, I literally don’t have electricity at home rn. Oops.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 04, 2021, 05:06:43 pm »

I wish I could blame my last update on being drunk, but I can't. Here ya go, guys!

The Badge Seller has added a new Badge: Projectile Badge.

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
Leafsnail - 1 - TricMagic*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 1 - Vector*,
NJW2000 - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Nirur Torir, Leafsnail, Luckyowl, NJW2000, FallacyofUrist, heydude6,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 06, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~51 hours remaining).

(1-Shot, Modifier) Projectile Badge: Whenever you use an action, you may use an additional action.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 04, 2021, 05:11:19 pm »

Just over two days until Day 3 ends, nyaa.

Ears twitch in nyervousnyess...

Well nyow I wish I waited on mew action, being able to use it twice would've been nyice...

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 04, 2021, 05:13:49 pm »

Just over two days until Day 3 ends, nyaa.

Ears twitch in nyervousnyess...

Well nyow I wish I waited on mew action, being able to use it twice would've been nyice...
I will allow modifications to actions if you want to buy that Badge. That was my mistake, which I've made far too many of this game.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 04, 2021, 05:17:20 pm »

Oh? Okay! Thanks, Webley-san! Nyaaaa...

I buy a Projectile Badge for mewself and eat it (shove it in my mouth and swallow it whole nyaaaa~)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 04, 2021, 05:20:44 pm »

Oh? Okay! Thanks, Webley-san! Nyaaaa...

I buy a Projectile Badge for mewself and eat it (shove it in my mouth and swallow it whole nyaaaa~)
... You, uh, eat the Badge. It tastes like burnt toast.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 04, 2021, 05:24:36 pm »

First off, apologies NJW, that attempt was insultingly weak.

And why, pray, did you need to know Juicebox's role so badly?
To try to figure out if someone laying low had a pro-town power role or had scummy looking powers.

I did notice an interesting trend in the actions.
Heydude6 tried to kill me.
FoU redirected Heydude6 and myself to NQT.
Tric protected a few people, including me, because I give off such strong town vibes.

A strong town player with a powerful role dies, everybody involved gets plausible deniability for watchers and role claiming, and I'm alive for an easy lynch on lylo/mylo.
I'd still really like to know how I ended up with Vector's roles.

Heydude6: Why was I your best candidate for a kill?
Tric: What have I done that makes you think I'm town?
FoU: Why do you suddenly think I'm scum? You had me as neutral in your D2 read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 04, 2021, 05:31:00 pm »

FoU redirected Heydude6 and myself to NQT.
Except as mentioned, I can't be the reason Heydude hit NQT, as he used a Fast-Hatter Badge (and I didn't).

FoU: Why do you suddenly think I'm scum? You had me as neutral in your D2 read.
To answer this:

I have an abilities trade ability. I made the unfortunate mistake of trying to use it on Juicebox like it was a weird investigate. Yes, I know how that looks. I didn't get anything off the body.
I'll put it to better use tonight, now that I have a better idea in mind of who to give a particular ability to.
Nirur your claim doesn't make sense to me. If you ability swapped it would have triggered before Juice's death. Death happens last in action processing and doesn't typically block actions. Looks like you slipped up.
Not getting anything off Juicebox seems like a lie.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 04, 2021, 05:36:45 pm »

My action is priority 10. Kills are priority 7, not last. From the first post:
ADDENDUM: If a player is not a viable target at the time they are actioned, the action fails. Players will be notified of this failure. Any limited shots will be refunded if an action is blocked or fails.
Unless someone did something weird with an ability, it failed because he died.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 04, 2021, 05:40:25 pm »

Well heck, nyaa. That explains that, then.

Ears droop.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 122