Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111061 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1320 on: January 03, 2021, 10:52:26 pm »

Nyaaa~!

(I just used my special investigation pawer on Heydude. Seeing as he's killed twice the past mew Nights, I really wanna knyow if it's a Meowfiakill power he's using to do so)

If you want I can buff you with my day action giving you an extra turn to power investigate another one and also protect you with my night action.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 03, 2021, 10:53:52 pm »

Nyaaa~!

(I just used my special investigation pawer on Heydude. Seeing as he's killed twice the past mew Nights, I really wanna knyow if it's a Meowfiakill power he's using to do so)
If that can find scum, that's really impulsive to use at the start of mylo instead of on the lynch target. Please think for five minutes before using something that can make or break the game.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 03, 2021, 11:01:16 pm »

We don't have a lynch tawget yet nyaa.

I'd argue that finding the ideal target is more impawtant than confirming an already selected target - and it's basically a confirmation anyways if I find a meowfiakill ability with it.

If you want I can buff you with my day action giving you an extra turn to power investigate another one and also protect you with my night action.
I mean, getting a buff is always nyice, but unless it actually grants me the ability to act again today, you should save it for someone else, as I already sent the action in. Don't say in public who you're gonna protect, though, cause it'll let the meowfia plan better.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1323 on: January 03, 2021, 11:12:53 pm »

We don't have a lynch tawget yet nyaa.

I'd argue that finding the ideal target is more impawtant than confirming an already selected target - and it's basically a confirmation anyways if I find a meowfiakill ability with it.

I mean, getting a buff is always nyice, but unless it actually grants me the ability to act again today, you should save it for someone else, as I already sent the action in. Don't say in public who you're gonna protect, though, cause it'll let the meowfia plan better.

Mafia can't really plan against me. Most of the things I say are subject to change.

I think we should focus hard on TricMagic and Heydude6.

Heydude6: Did you kill NQT?  If yes, what made you suspicious of them?

TricMagic(red): claim. When?

Vector: claim. When?

Nirur Torir: Yup got the invintation thanks. That Hawaiian pizza was the bomb.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 04, 2021, 12:08:07 am »

Ok. This is the only post I'll be able to make before going to sleep. Don't know if this is going to get me in hot water or not, but everything I say here is true. I'll be able to follow-up this up better tomorrow.

I performed two actions last night. My kill action, plus one more that I'm keeping under wraps.

I targeted Nirur Tourir with my kill, but it looks like it got re-directed to NQT. Does anyone want to claim and explain wtf happened there? I did not get any notification of a party btw.

As for the second action, does the target want to claim what happened to them? According to what Webadict sent me, it went off successfully so I expect someone to have been the target of a mysterious effect who's origin isn't known yet.

And that's all I'm posting for today. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I'll have more to chew on tomorrow.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 04, 2021, 12:32:42 am »

I can explain that nyaa.

Wait, goshdyarn it, I forgot that Vector put a No-Bonk Badge on Nirur Torir. That basically wasted half my action since a meowfia member wouldn't try to kill while that was on them.

Figuring the existence of a NQT-Heydude-Torir meowfia, I redirected you (Heydude) and Torir to NQT, since getting meowfia to shoot themselves would be great.

Instead, turns out that nyotquitethere was town, despite his scummy behavior nyaa. Ears droop. It still looks like heydude was the only person to kill last night, given the distinctive HP loss death, meowning he's my meowfia suspect number one. I should get my inspect results from him once our great and glorious moderator is online once again. Hopefully that'll confirm or refute it for me, but if not, I'll have to start looking into behavior history nyaa.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:50 am »

Bah, the fun I could've had controlling several myselves had the cards fallen otherwise...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 04, 2021, 04:52:33 am »

Wonderful. Marvellous. Brilliant. Thank you guys so much for hammering with an entire day left. Waited an entire four minutes after Vec said "shall we hammer?". So helpful  >:( >:( >:(

Very tempted to make the rest of my day about this as a point of honour, but given heydude at least has already posted his role PM or something like it in the thread, I'm willing to consider the possibility that that hammer was a case of "act first, think never".

Sorry, needed to get that out of my system, there's been a lot of nonsense.

My night's action was to make two people unblockable, getting two weird Vector abilities in exchange. I thought there was another day, I need two abilities to give people double actions.

NJW: I think you've been hiding in plain sight all game. Can you explain what you did in D2 that was useful? It looks to me like all you did was hide behind the Toaster/Tea scuffle and throw some wine about Vector in a reads list.
Vector - Null. Has been participating and apparently helping town, but nothing scum!Vector wouldn't necessarily do. A little suspect due to the strange explosion over the Toony lynch yesterday. Also, claimed the dweller mask, and there was just a daykill... hm, I guess scum wouldn't claim that then use a daykill. Huh, need to think that one through.
I have no idea what hiding in plain sight means. Unless it means pretending to be town... which is a kinda longwinded way of calling someone mafia.
What I did in D2 that was useful? Clearly not enough, as three town died. I posted a readslist, asked you a question I'm still not particularly happy about your answer to, confirmed some N1 actions, and didn't get to make any useful posts at the end of the day because some wonderful, clearly very townie people got rid of it by hammering town.

So, you know. More than some, less than others.

I agree that thinking about the dweller mask claim that way could have been WIFOM, or at least uninteresting... which is why I didn't take that thought further in the thread. So to clarify, your case was that I could have been more helpful and had a weak idea in a readslist. Guilty as charged, I guess.

I'd ask you what you did that was useful, but tbh I can just read the thread. If I think there's a case to be built from your four D2 posts, I'll set it out rather than ask questions.

Nirur Torir:
Nirur Torir: How the hell was an ability swap meant to work as an investigative ability NIGHT ONE? Also, why were you the last to claim a night action?
I was thinking more about figuring out their role than their alignment.
I didn't have the energy to defend myself from the attacks against me I was sure the last two RL days were full of, and was dreading/procrastinating on reading through it.
And why, pray, did you need to know Juicebox's role so badly?

Claim. I have a boring role. It has jailkeeps-watches and swaps, with limitations on when I can use them. I used a swap last night on Vector:

(Rationale being that if Vec is town, strong candidate for the NK which I'd rather hit me, and if Vec is mafia, anything that hits me ought to hit them instead. Couldn't think of something better to do... restrictions on what I could use).

Logically, the abilities sap that hit Vector was probably targeted at me, unless a fast hatter badge was used. Still waiting on a claim there.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 04, 2021, 08:50:25 am »

Yeah maybe hold off on this LuckyOwl, given FoU has basically admitted to using a redirect to ensure NQT's death. Not everyone here is acting in town's best interests, ya know. Someone even has a daykill, so ability doubling might be a little bit of an issue if used wrongly.

At least we know that LuckyOwl's probably not mafia, unless he's lying about the ability doubling power, as otherwise I think we'd have seen multiple daykills or nightkills already.

Claims (or lack thereof) So Far:
FallacyofUrist apparently powered up their stand(?) giving them a powerful investigative ability, which they have just used on heydude. Also redirected Heydude and Torir to NQT (redirecting a claimed vigilante, onto someone who nearly died pushing the town away from a mislynch and revealing a LyLo breaker)

heydude6 attempted to kill Nirur Torir (the D2 #2 lynch candidate), redirected onto NQT. Also used another action that he's not telling, waiting for a claim.
Note that FoU's actions and his are bound up together. Note also that we can't really know who heydude tried to target, thanks to FoU helpfully destroying that information, or claiming to. Note again that it seems heydude performed the only NK, as FoU points out.

IcyTea31 died as promised, uncertain what they did

Leafsnail hasn't posted D3, it hasn't been 24 hours, so don't worry about that. Has previously claimed a block.

Luckyowl used his "SM" - Squad Modifier I think, on Toaster, was targeted by Nirur with some party ability. "Couldn't get my action in", don't know if that means blocked or just didn't have time to send it. Also claims to be able to double people's actions as a day action, and a night protect that only works on people of the same alignment.

Nirur Torir made two people unblockable and received "two weird Vector abilities." Was confused about their role, thought they were going to double people's actions? Also "multi-targetted an ability trade" which can only multi-target when they're blocked or redirected. Screw this, they've changed their claim too many times, CBA to follow it. Read this, it'll give you some idea I guess.

NJW2000 switched with Vector (anything that would hit NJW hits Vector, and vice versa).

notquitethere died, ostensibly due to heydude's nightkill redirected onto them by FoU, not sure what they did

TricMagic asked everyone to claim roles and actions, but primarily roles, and then left. Lunch Fal.

Vector lost two abilities to Nirur? Hasn't claimed an action, IcyTea claimed to give them an extra action usable last night. Cleared here by IcyTea.

Here are last night's claims. As compiled by heydude. Further claims that emerged were Nirur Torir's claim to have tried to swap powers with Juicebox as an investigative technique and heydude's claim to have used a vigilante kill on Juicebox.

If I've got anything wrong or missed anything out, please do point it out. Further information or clarifications would also be helpful, especially from Nirur, LuckyOwl, TricMagic, Leafsnail and Vector.

Any deductions from this will have to wait until I've unpicked the knots trying to make sense of people tied in my frontal lobes.
One wheel short of a wagon

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 04, 2021, 09:06:15 am »

I can explain that nyaa.

Wait, goshdyarn it, I forgot that Vector put a No-Bonk Badge on Nirur Torir. That basically wasted half my action since a meowfia member wouldn't try to kill while that was on them.

Figuring the existence of a NQT-Heydude-Torir meowfia, I redirected you (Heydude) and Torir to NQT, since getting meowfia to shoot themselves would be great.

Instead, turns out that nyotquitethere was town, despite his scummy behavior nyaa. Ears droop. It still looks like heydude was the only person to kill last night, given the distinctive HP loss death, meowning he's my meowfia suspect number one. I should get my inspect results from him once our great and glorious moderator is online once again. Hopefully that'll confirm or refute it for me, but if not, I'll have to start looking into behavior history nyaa.

Let me try to say this calmly. You should have waited for Iceytea to flip before deciding to kill NQT. According to Icey, NQT was mechanically confirmed and it was unlikely that both Toaster's and Iceytea's inspects were being messed with at the same time. If Iceytea flipped mafia, or didn't die like he said he was going to, then we could have started questioning NQT's alignment again (and Lynched Iceytea if he survived).

Also, you shouldn't have announced your inspect ahead of time. You saw what happened to Toaster. There are framers in this game, and any information you gather is going to be inherently unreliable as a result. Whether I reveal town or scum.

With the constructive criticism out of the way, I'll ask you a couple of questions. The first question is whether you used a fast hatter badge. I used mine on my night kill action, because I was afraid scum was going to stop me from pulling it off. Unlike you, they know that I'm not lying when I claim to be one of the most dangerous town roles in the game. The only way you could have stopped me was with a fast hatter badge of your own.

Second question. Based on what you know about your ability, would your redirect have moved my second action to NQT as well? It's not very useful when targeted at a corpse.

Third question for Everyone this time. How likely was it that we no-bonked every mafia member last night? Actually, who had no-bonk badges prior to the 4maskwolf lightning strike?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 04, 2021, 09:09:55 am »

LYLO means that if we fail to lynch scum today, we lose. Because this could be the last day of the game, everyone who hasn't explained their role and actions is sharing them in hope that it helps us find an inconsistency or a liar.

Got it. Well I'll do a full claim on how my SM worked.

So I used my SM on toaster before he was killed and what I got was 'algorithm'. Looking at Toaster's ability. I can see that there is no ability under the name 'algorithm' . So I can confirm that my SM only hint role and graft my ability to their role.

I sadly couldn't get my action in for the night.  My night ability allows me to protect anyone with the same alignment as me. My plan was to protect FOU for the night.

To note, claiming this, that you didn't have time to get an action in and were going to target Fal, is death. I'm nearly at my full power.

Last night I Delayed Vector, Froze NJW2000, Froze Fallacyof Urist, and Froze Nirur Torir.

To note, the Time Stop Hat delays an action for a cycle, and the Ice Hat protects from kills and guns. Notquitethere died of HP Loss! Which means mafia likely targeted one of these three for the kill.

I am The Hat Kid. Someone pass along the Brewing Hat, would ya? That would put me at full kill-blocking power.

As for Badges. I picked the Projectile Badge, which can grant an additional action when used alongside another action. Which means I can perform the same triple hat trick as today.

There were a lot of protect last night in case you can't tell heydude.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 04, 2021, 09:19:07 am »

So if Fallacy didn't redirect me, Nirur would have survived anyway? Assuming I didn't use my fast-hatter that is.

Since I did use fast-hatter though, it's possible for scum to have targetted NQT, but I just happened to get to him first.

I'm surprised you protected Nirur though. He was my most suspicious person after toaster. Who do you think are most likely to be scum then?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 04, 2021, 09:31:46 am »

Given my towreads are now dead, Luckyowl, Vector, and Leafsnail. I just don't trust Vector and won't until he gives me my hat back. He is never getting to use it at this rate. The thing about generating abilities is just fishy too given Dweller Mask.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 04, 2021, 09:59:47 am »

At this point I think someone is waiting to steal a hat again.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 04, 2021, 10:02:09 am »

Speaking of that, how did you get your sprint hat back? If it didn’t return, how were you able to freeze and protect three different people?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 122