Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111034 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1050 on: December 31, 2020, 02:15:33 pm »

I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point. I think that knowing if Toaster was redirected, or having scum's fake actions on record, would be very valuable right around now.

I'll start. I'm town. My role is "light shenanigans," with shenanigans level 9 (yes, I know. bad joke). The core of my role is that I can target someone, including myself, and modify their role by up to two of eight themes . . . lightly. I can use this role modification once per phase.

Yesterday, during Day Phase, I targeted myself and gained an auto action. I can go into more detail about the auto when it becomes necessary. That auto action currently has no effect.

During Night Phase, as previously mentioned, I wanted an action I could actually use right now, so I targeted myself again and put on the Dweller Mask. I was blocked and didn't gain any actions.
I can confirm this, as you were not listed as actioning yourself.  I can also confirm that Toaster was not redirected or randomized, because he claimed to have actioned you and his claim is correct, we saw him visit you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 31, 2020, 02:17:15 pm »

This pretty much forces us to lynch one of IcyTea and Toaster, I think.

NJW:  Well, actually, I know what Icy's going after, which means scum knows, which means everyone should know.

I also actioned Vector last night.
I see. Thank you for sharing that with the town.
As people seem to be claiming around this, what was your action, Toaster?
One wheel short of a wagon

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 31, 2020, 02:27:49 pm »

Toaster
You were obviously aware of the ToonyMan cases:
Why here and not here?
Is there a compelling reason you didn't comment on any of them, even though they were the core part of the later-D1 play of ~5 players?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #1053 on: December 31, 2020, 02:31:13 pm »

4mask:
Toaster TMI'd something critically important.  I wish it had stayed hidden from the scum longer, but it means we no longer have to keep some things secret.

If I die, IcyTea dies.  It's one of the tradeoffs for our very powerful roles.  This is why Toaster is willing to stick his neck out to challenge the masonclaim, and why he wants me lynched before IcyTea.  My flip would confirm Icy, but by then it would already be too late.

The inverse, for the record, is not true: Icytea can die without killing me, though it does weaken me somewhat.

Cool, saves us a day.
The fact that Toaster doesn't hesitate for even a second to accept this as fact is pretty telling.  Nobody who truly has a redpeek would accept this at face value rather than see it as a scummy, WIFOMY weasel, especially when he's challenged us to our faces on everything else so far.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 31, 2020, 02:50:57 pm »

Toaster

Open-and-shut fake inspect. He clearly performed an ability-inspect on me and happened upon the one that would mean a double-mislynch.

I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point.
I acted on NQT and heydude, 4mask acted on Vector.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 31, 2020, 03:01:07 pm »

Were you Toony’s ghost Iceytea?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 31, 2020, 03:03:13 pm »

No, but I were visited by him as well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 31, 2020, 03:04:41 pm »

We assume.  What Icy received this time was somewhat different than Toonyman's contract.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 31, 2020, 03:05:04 pm »

Aight, I'm awake. Been awake for a bit really, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day and all that.

To answer one question I saw earlier: yeah, nobody got fries. Pretty much as expected (given this game in particular), my night action of shipping out fries was fucked with.

This is annoying, but whatever, I'll deal, I'm the Horseman of Famine.

Aight, time to compile a case on Jim, maybe make some comments on what people have been saying, analyze notquitethere and Toaster's activity... you know. Mafia day game stuff.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 31, 2020, 03:06:21 pm »

Aight, I'm awake. Been awake for a bit really, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day and all that.

To answer one question I saw earlier: yeah, nobody got fries. Pretty much as expected (given this game in particular), my night action of shipping out fries was fucked with.

This is annoying, but whatever, I'll deal, I'm the Horseman of Famine.

Aight, time to compile a case on Jim, maybe make some comments on what people have been saying, analyze notquitethere and Toaster's activity... you know. Mafia day game stuff.
Who did you try and give fries to?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 31, 2020, 03:07:19 pm »

We assume.  What Icy received this time was somewhat different than Toonyman's contract.

I wonder if we were given the same set of choices?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 31, 2020, 03:08:51 pm »

I wonder if we were given the same set of choices?
I only had one option. How many did you have?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:19 pm »

A lot.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:55 pm »

For anyone who didn't follow from earlier in the day,
N1 I used [REDACTED] on FoU, which applies a status which makes you have no role until the end of the next dayphase.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2020, 03:14:59 pm »

For anyone who didn't follow from earlier in the day,
N1 I used [REDACTED] on FoU, which applies a status which makes you have no role until the end of the next dayphase.
Okay.

But why.

FoU is your top townread.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 122