Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: New Worlds (ISG)  (Read 9204 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: New Worlds (ISG)
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 10:30:28 pm »

The strange honking thing begins moving in circles while furiously honking even more.

"Honk honk!  honk.  honkhonkhonk!"

"Look it's doing some kind of song and dance!"

"It does seem to be getting rather intense, but also appears to be non-hostile and attempting to communicate. I wonder what it's saying..."

Johnny proceeds to scoop up it up with the sky-trawl, bringing it into the ship for examination.

"Excellent, I'll see if I can find out more about this strange entity."

"Sir!  We’re picking something up on our air-sonar."
   Reports Shelly Longwhisker, the ship's systems operator.

"It looks like..."

"...a Winnebago..."

"...What the hell's a Winnebago!?"

"A brand of motorhomes, sir, offering mobile living accomodations in various surface environments. Looks like this one is of an aerial variety."

"There are motorhomes on the surface? And they have a brand? This is... news to me... how the hell do you know all this anyway!?"

"Oh, umm, I have a certain familiarity with this topic--"

Suddenly, pineapples begin falling from the sky, raining down on the ship and the surroundings.

The strange honking thing, now in the ship's lab, starts honking even louder, as if trying to warn everyone about what's happening.

"Pineapples! But I don't see any pineapple trees... they appear to be falling directly out of the sky."

Music soon starts playing, seemingly coming from the sky itself.

"That music!... Where's it coming from? It's making me want to dance in apocalyptic ecstasy!"

The pineapples continue falling, slowly increasing in both rate of fall and size of fruit, as the music continues building up.

"This is gettin' freaky! Get us outta here Johnny!"

Johnny hits the accelerator, zipping the ship out into the open skies just as the magnitude of falling pineapples reaches the levels of an avalanche crashing down onto the area.

Back on route, the Decapoda continues on its course into the unknown, pineapples drifting down from the sky above as beacon stems rise in the distance below flowering into undulating arms, all accompanied by the ominous music ringing out from the heavens. Meanwhile, the Winnebago can be seen at a distance flying in the same direction as the ship.

Spoiler: Ship inventory (click to show/hide)

Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2020, 12:16:24 am »

One of the wasps, disoriented from it’s colony, finds itself stuck on the tip of one of the undulating arms

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2020, 07:20:18 am »

In the distance they can see a city that appears to inhabited by many different kinds of the honking things, they also start seeing more of them wandering around the plains, they all seem to be running from the falling pineapples, and heading towards a massive structure that's shaped like a toilet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2020, 10:04:54 am »

Some of the pineapples start shaking.  And hatching.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2020, 11:12:34 am »

they hatch into black and yellow caterpillars, who will in time grow to be wasps

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2020, 03:50:18 am »

they hatch into black and yellow caterpillars, who will in time grow to be wasps
one out of every 50 pineapples hatches into a robotic unicorn.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2020, 12:42:32 pm »

one out of every 50 pineapples hatches into a robotic unicorn.
these unicorns try hunting the caterpillars, who hide under the pineapple pieces, as pineapples are toxic to the unicorns

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2020, 06:17:28 pm »

“Sir!  We’ve got a problem with the air-sonar”.
“It’s malfunctioning and something sticky is coming out of it!”
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2020, 05:19:57 pm »

As the ship continues, its crew notices a lone wasp, disoriented from its colony and stuck on the tip of one of the undulating arms. Seeing the ship, it begins increasing its efforts in trying to get free.

"That wasp seems to be stuck. I wonder if it's from the same hive as the wasp we have on board, and whether they can sense each other. The marking on its mid-section looks different from any I've seen--a scout, perhaps? In any case, you may want to keep some distance away from those undulating tips, Johnny."

"Oh that reminds me! I've examined the wasp we caught earlier, and discovered it was carrying a piece of buttery cheesy bread. I believe it was a harvester returning to its hive with its collection load."

"Buttery cheesy bread huh? That's worth more than gold back home..."

"Indeed, a most rare and delectable substance. The wasp was only carrying a small amount, but I was able to track its origin to a location near Croid 7, our destination point. We should keep a look out for it when we get there."

"Excellent, onwards!"

The ship continues on its course, and soon in the distance the crew sees a city that appears to be inhabited by many different kinds of the honking things. They also start seeing more of them wandering around the plains, all seemingly running from the falling pineapples, and heading towards a massive structure that's shaped like a toilet.

Crew: (in awe) "Ooooohh!..."

"Remarkable! It appears to be a highly advanced civilization! And that wondrous structure in the distance..."

"It looks like a humongous clam! Could there be pearls inside??"

"I can't imagine what wonders we may find inside..."

Strange sounds coming from outside can soon be heard, as the crew reorients itself, observing the surroundings and finding that some of the pineapples on the ground have started shaking... and hatching.

"W-what's happening!?"

"The pineapples seem to be... hatching! I believe those are wasp larva, although..."

Most of the pineapples are hatching into black and yellow caterpillars, but a few of them seem to be hatching into something else entirely.

"O-oh!..."
   Dr. Prawning marvels at the exotic hatchlings, speechless.

The robotic creatures begin trying to hunt the caterpillars, who hide under the pineapple pieces which seem to be toxic to their predators.

"Astounding... we seem to be witnessing the beginnings of some kind of natural process of adaptation and evolution between these creatures. I am beyond curious about how this would continue to unfold."

"Sir!  We’ve got a problem with the air-sonar."
   "It’s malfunctioning and something sticky is coming out of it!"

"What!? Couldn't be parasitic isopods could it? Pretty sure we got the ship checked for those last week..."

"This is getting bad!..."

"Damnit. Clawson, go check on it wouldya!?"

"I'm on it!...
   Oh man, this looks wicked."

"Watch out for the--!"

"Woah, okay, that's not right. That's not right at all."

"Uh... yeah, sir?... I'm not sure what's going on, but a cleaning and repair station would be pretty handy right about now..."

"Damnit! We're an ocean away from the ocean! Isn't there something we can do!?"

"Uhhmmm......"

Optional: Main Character: What are Johnny's thoughts/feelings about the recent happenings and current situation?
Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2020, 08:21:48 am »

I have a feeling that Johnny is probably very confused and concerned about all the weird crap going on outside the ship right now.

Some of the robot unicorns begin digging at the ground and eventually uncover giant forks, then they use these forks to get the larvae out from under the pineapples, then they eat them.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2020, 04:57:03 pm »

Explore the giant clam.  Extort the crew as to the health benefits of buttery cheesy bread.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2020, 09:27:24 pm »

Yes, I think Johnny would be very confused at all of the stuff too

Some of the “forks” seem snake like, their “tines” actually being fangs, the snake forks (fork snakes?) stab the unicorns, the venom causing paralysis. Some of the forks are still usable though, it’s only some that are not actually forks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2020, 11:18:54 am »

Suddenly they appear a terrifying surface creature, the Zebra and they run around growing ever fatter eating all the pineapple pieces that litter the surface, some of the ones that get massively fat explode into dozens of smaller zebras to began the cycle again.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2020, 03:44:18 pm »

Outside, some of the robot unicorns begin digging at the ground, eventually uncovering giant forks. They then use these forks to pry up the pineapple shells and eat the larvae hiding underneath.

"How resourceful! The predators seem to have found some tools to help them get to their food."

Some of the forks soon reveal themselves to be fork-mimicking snakes, their tines actually being fangs. The false-forks stab the unicorns, the venom causing paralysis. Not all of the forks are snakes though, as some of them seem to be actual forks.

"Oh! Another predator enters the equation, mimicking other objects. What a marvel of co-evolution we are seeing..."

Meanwhile, Johnny is very confused and concerned about all the weird things going on outside the ship, as he pilots the ship towards the giant clam.

"Look we're getting close to the giant clam!"

"By the way doc, what exactly are the health benefits of buttery cheesy bread?"
   Johnny asks out of the blue.

"Oh, it has many. For one, it combats many common diseases such as shell disease, fungal infections, parasites, and gaffkemia. The buttery parts in particular ward off the Aquamarina bacterium, which is the cause of various carapace conditions such as softclaw."

"It's also a probiotic for beneficial micro-organisms, and is known to extend lobster lifespan by 10% or more. There are even various myths that buttery cheesy bread has miraculous properties such as causing the sprouting of a dorsal fin for superlobster balance, or the enhancement of gills to allow for breathing of surface air. There has never been a formal study done that confirmed such claims though."

"In any case it is a highly sought-after delicacy in our world, for both its proven and unproven effects."

Suddenly in the plains there appears a pack of terrifying surface creatures, the Zebras, who start running around eating all the pineapple pieces that litter the surface and getting ever-fatter. Some of the ones that get massively fat explode into dozens of smaller Zebras, beginning the cycle again.

"Oh no! W-What's happening!? T-This is horrifying!"
   Dr. Prawning covers her eyes momentarily, but her undying curiosity somehow surmounts her sheer absolute terror.

"No, no, no! We need to get out of here! Johnny!"

Johnny takes a nose dive with the ship into the giant clam, submerging into a huge pool of water and entering an aquatic tunnel system within the giant clam.

It's much darker in here than outside on the surface--an environment that feels much more familiar to the lobsters.

"T-That was truly horrific... the way they devoured everything, and then broke down into smaller yet identical versions of themselves, only to restart the process..."
   Dr. Prawning utters, recovering from trauma.
   "I will need to gather myself if I am ever to study those creatures for science..."

"Anyway, these tunnels look interesting. We seem to be getting closer to our destination. I wonder how vast these underwater tunnel systems are."

"This is neat! But uh, guys, this air-sonar situation isn't getting any better. There's more sticky stuff coming out of it, and it's filling the entire room."

"I've never witnessed so much stickiness in my life!"

"Damnit. Figure out what's happening! Get out and seal the room if you need to. I don't know about our chances of finding a repair station anywhere around here."

"We'll try our best, sir..."

[Roll: 4/20]

"Steppy, watch your legs!"

"Oh no it's trying to gormandize me and turn me into its eternal vassal!"

"Here, take my claw!"

"No, I think I'm done for! Save yourself!"

"I'm not leaving you!"

"It's crawling up my legs! It's like an electric eel that won't stop boogieing!"

"Let me pull you up!"

"Aagh!--o-okay. I'm okay. Let's get out of here!"

"What the hell is going on!?!?"

Johnny hears a door slam somewhere on the ship.

"It's the stickiness, sir. I think we managed to contain it in the systems room, but it almost got Steppy."

"Damnit... we're too far from civilization to call for help. Hopefully it stays contained there."

"Are you guys okay? Sounds like something was happening. Anyway, I'd just like to say that these tunnels are fascinating. It's like a ocean cave network, built underneath the surface. Did the strange honking things build this? I wonder..."
   Dr. Prawning seems to have recovered from seeing the Zebras, for now.

The ship cruises along through the tunnel network, a long mechanical eel-like vehicle with bright eyes slowly drifting by from the right. Up ahead, there is a mechanical octopus that seems to be cleaning the floor and walls of the tunnel, and there is a capsule-like object further down.

Ear teeth

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2020, 01:40:49 am »

The mechanical octopus begins showing holographic advertisements for car wax.

The crew decides to switch to organic photon neuro-processed sonar as a backup to the air-sonar.  Visual observations continue normally...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8