Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34145 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3
« Reply #420 on: November 10, 2020, 07:04:08 pm »

Sorry, that last question is obviously a joke.

The real question is What would have juicebox done if they had known I was a Sneak instead of a Reporter because you're a Doppelganger Detective?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 10, 2020, 07:07:43 pm »

Sorry, that last question was also obviously a joke.

I actually don't really have one. I feel like you've avoided enough of my questions for it to really matter.

I'll give you a pity question, though: If you are somehow not the Doppelganger, does the plan I laid out sound good?

The plan (for reference):
I hide at TricMagic's house.
TricMagic protects Caz.
Persus13 protects Luckyowl.
Caz investigates TricMagic.
Luckyowl plays with chicken bones.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 10, 2020, 07:09:56 pm »

What's the benefit of you hiding at Tric's? Verifying Tric has a night action?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2020, 07:16:20 pm »

Because if it's you, you have to kill both of us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2020, 07:23:58 pm »

Technically, I could hide at your house, and Caz could investigate you, if you'd like. The same logic works for Tric on that one. Would that be more advisable?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2020, 07:26:09 pm »

So, basically the idea is if you and Tric both die, its me and the two confirmed town left?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2020, 07:26:38 pm »

I guess it's also a possibility that I hide at Luckyowl's and have Caz investigate Lucky? I... guess that's possible? It's not preferable, but it's something.

So, basically the idea is if you and Tric both die, its me and the two confirmed town left?
Correct.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2020, 07:28:59 pm »

So if you're scum, you can kill me but can't kill Tric without raising suspicion.

If Tric's scum the only person they can kill without raising suspicion is me.

And then if I'm scum I can't kill anyone without raising suspicion. Hmm, I can't think of a better plan.

Looks like I'm dying tonight unless the scum don't kill or we win today. I guess I'm fine with that.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2020, 07:30:37 pm »

So if you're scum, you can kill me but can't kill Tric without raising suspicion.

If Tric's scum the only person they can kill without raising suspicion is me.

And then if I'm scum I can't kill anyone without raising suspicion. Hmm, I can't think of a better plan.

Looks like I'm dying tonight unless the scum don't kill or we win today. I guess I'm fine with that.
If I'm scum, I can't kill anyone without raising suspicion from Caz, which is why if there's no kill, I have to be lynched.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:47 pm »

Since your plan, webadict requires me be town to even warrant its' existence, could you perhaps also come up with a plan for a no lynch? One where I live, and my role is actually put to use?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2020, 07:51:50 pm »

Since your plan, webadict requires me be town to even warrant its' existence, could you perhaps also come up with a plan for a no lynch? One where I live, and my role is actually put to use?
... Uh... No, that would absolutely defeat the purpose.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2020, 07:55:10 pm »

If we are really sweating losing a town, then if I am town you should extrude the same number of liquid molecules to spare me, if we can nail the scum tonight.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2020, 08:09:33 pm »

Nothing you can say is useful at this point.
"Goodluck."

The roles are way to balanced towards town, dopps have almost no chance without a huge amount of luck. A detective is just what would let the dopps avoid that.

Also, I did make a list, and Persus is blue. I wonder why not pursue that for your reasoning?

I'll be going to bed now, but your case isn't there, you're just defending and trying to avert. But hiding was the wrong thing to do.
I didn't know what blue meant.

ROSEHEART: Why did you thought the information collected on N2 needed to be postpone until D4?
Luckyowl, you remember when you were pressured by webadict at the beginning of the game? What if the game master suddenly gave you a PM that said your claims are incorrect? You'd have to backpeddle in the middle of defending yourself.

That's exactly what happened to me.

Would you have still tried to kill me on N2 if you had the correct information that I was a Sneak?
I'd probably have not bothered with you, too slippery.

Quote from: Persus13
Logged on, posted, didn't ask me a question.
I find this strangely melancholy. If they think I am scum they could have humored me, if they think webadict's post-my town reveal plan was worth discussing, they definitely could have humored me.

1 human being sitting behind a computer to another human sitting behind a computer.

"It's a cold night tonight. So what are we going to do folks?"

Oh, I just got new info. Web was at rosehearts house last night, and is a sneak.
That is false, he was at TricMagic's house.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2020, 08:26:32 pm »

ROSEHEART: Why did you thought the information collected on N2 needed to be postpone until D4?
Luckyowl, you remember when you were pressured by webadict at the beginning of the game? What if the game master suddenly gave you a PM that said your claims are incorrect? You'd have to backpeddle in the middle of defending yourself.

That's exactly what happened to me.
Well, that's not fair. I did acknowledged that Meph likely made a mistake early on in the Day. I should've bugged him earlier about it, but my assumption is that you bugged him, which is on me, to be fair. I bugged him a bit ago, so I assume that's why he updated that.

Oh, I just got new info. Web was at rosehearts house last night, and is a sneak.
That is false, he was at TricMagic's house.
I was at TricMagic's house on N1. I was at your house on N2. No mistakes there, but I see why you're confused. This isn't being used against you, I think you're just a tad bit confused on it.

"It's a cold night tonight. So what are we going to do folks?"
"'Fraid you gotta go. I hate doin' this. Whatever you are now, it ain't how I'll remember you. This you that took the real you away... Well, nain't wanted here."

Shorten?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2020, 08:31:52 pm »

If we are really sweating losing a town, then if I am town you should extrude the same number of liquid molecules to spare me, if we can nail the scum tonight.
I'm afraid that the suspicious eyes are on you. You are not alone in your climb, but you will start out at rock bottom, and the hands that lower down to you cannot always be trusted. It is you who must make the climb, for I am your gatekeeper.
Make no mistake, I am not your enemy. But, neither am I your friend. Push past me, and you may succeed. Make no move...

And you will starve, beast.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38