Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Armories of Valturia: Behrens Thread  (Read 7165 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armories of Valturia: Behrens Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 07:44:28 pm »

Quote from: Time for a Timeskip Votebox
Take the Royal Police Contract(11 profit) and build the Second Line: (3) TricMagic, NAV, Taricus

Atlussia Navy Contract
'Valturia' Original @ 32cr : (3) TricMagic, NAV, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2020, 01:44:31 am »

Quote from: Time for a Timeskip Votebox
Take the Royal Police Contract(11 profit) and build the Second Line: (4) TricMagic, NAV, Taricus, Kashyyk

Atlussia Navy Contract
'Valturia' Original @ 32cr : (4) TricMagic, NAV, Taricus

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2020, 03:17:46 pm »

A question for everyone.

Quote from: Proposed Contract
Prykanbul Manufacturing shall allow Behrens to produce their Prykanbul Manufacturing 6x50mm Light Rifle Cartridge from this point onward. This permission cannot be canceled.

*In return Behrens will produce the arms for the Crovem's 3rd Rangers Contract. Behrens shall receive 40 credits from the profit of this contract, and 3 Prestige. Prykanbul Manufacturing will receive 10 credits and 7 Prestige.

* In return Behrens will produce the arms for the 1st Ira Army Contract for 1 turn. Behrens will receive all 40 credits from this contract, while Prykanbul Manufacturing shall receive the Prestige.

Quote from: Note
Cancellation: -3 Prestige, Ira will not consider you for 1 contract.

This seems a fair price for either contract.

Cancellation: -3 Prestige, Ira will not consider you for 1 contract.

They kinda have to complete this one. The rifle cartridge seems like it rolled well, and we can use it as the base for a rifle design. As well, the 9 credits bring us past 20, meaning a design can be made. However, it will bring their prestige above our own by the end of the turn.

On the other hand, we can just watch them flounder. But they are likely to have enough credits for a second line next turn. They will definitely have enough if we do the first contract. Should we post this to the thread?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2020, 03:22:47 pm »

It's now 1913. You have 16 credits to spend. You have one contract active currently, and another assembly line which is inactive. Some of the new contracts could possibly be pursued with a revision of the Valturia pistol, though it would be quite tenuous. You could instead bide your time until you have money for a design. The decision is yours.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2020, 03:33:11 pm »

Spoiler: 1913 Contracts (click to show/hide)

I feel that the Procino Bicycle Company could be served with the Deluxe although it might lose to the FR carbine. An automatic Valturia is a cinch for the Crovern contract, although I imagine doing that in a revision will be difficult. Still, starting from a semiauto pistol is a good step.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2020, 03:42:52 pm »

Quote from: Timeskip Version 2 Votebox
Timeskip to Bidding Phase: (1) TricMagic

Crovem's Ministry of Ordnance
'Valturia' Mod. 1 @ 28cr: (1) TricMagic

Procino's 1st Bersaglieri Bicicletta

Espionage
Collect some 6x50 mm ammo and reverse-engineer them for our own use. Market them as the Behrens model.: TricMagic

Low cost, snipe the competition. Low return too, but we are fighting against recommendation. CMO contract grants 8 Prestige regardless, and is a 1 batch. I'm perfectly willing to offer that one low since that will prevent them from getting the credits and we'll have 25 credits after this turn anyway.

We could also just take both contracts and drop the navy one. We'd have 26 credits and 11 prestige if we won both, and they could be denied them. Why have they caught up anyway, are rifle contracts just that much better than pistols?

Pistols seem to be a negative in this business. Not enough profit and not enough prestige apparently? I say wait and see if we can't snipe a few  of them. Maybe some cooperate espionage too to see about buying the 6x50 mm ammo and reverse-engineering it. File the serial name off and offer it as our own.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2020, 03:59:48 pm »

We won't win either of those without a revision Tric. One is asking for a fully automatic weapon, which the Valturia is not, and the other is asking for a primary weapon, which the Valturia is not.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2020, 04:02:10 pm »

You ride in a Behrens truck taking an extra load of waste to the Valturia Capitol Smelter- a whole load watch frames with holes drilled too deep. Of course, there's not normally a reason for a bunch of engineers to ride this truck, but it escapes the attention of the press and His Majesty's watchful "helpers" who are ever-present at the factory. Behind a tall fence, in a small lot with piles of metal scraps, you meet a man wearing a neat suit, along with a smelter operator's mask which obscures his face. "Simply divert 8 credits worth of bonds to safe deposit box #247 at Bank Valturia, and I'll make sure they're replaced with all the documents you will need to manufacture the Prykanbul 6mm ammo. Here is the key." He bids you all leave before he removes his mask. He doesn't need an answer right away, he says, he just needs to see the money in the box.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2020, 05:08:37 pm »

We won't win either of those without a revision Tric. One is asking for a fully automatic weapon, which the Valturia is not, and the other is asking for a primary weapon, which the Valturia is not.

Main issue is trying to make a weapon which is not suited to winning those contracts in the first place. Procino's 1st Bersaglieri Bicicletta or Crovem's Ministry of Ordnance would need to make 10 credits profit. I'd like to make profit with 6mm ammo apparently available to purchase the plans to.

If we wait, there is no reason not to at least put it out there, just in case. If we choose not to wait, so it is. But we'd want enough profit to make a rifle of some sort next turn, and credit to buy the blueprint for the new ammo type which rolled well enough for a modifier.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2020, 06:06:45 pm »

We have 9 credits incoming from our other contract, so if we do a revision we'll still have 15 credits. Not that I'm clear why we need at least 10, cos we shouldn't need to retool.

Additionally, could someone explain why we'd want another small-calibre round,  even if it for cheap?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2020, 07:00:29 pm »

It's a rifle calibre round, not a pistol one. So it being 'small' is a misnomer.

That being said, without a loan or something, we're kinda buggered on the new contracts however.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2020, 12:05:26 pm »

I vote for revising the carbine for the Bersaglieri Bicicletta.

Quote from: Timeskip Version 2 Votebox
Timeskip to Bidding Phase: (1) TricMagic
Don't timeskip: (1) NAV

Revision:
Behrens Semi-Automatic "Valturia Deluxe" Compact Carbine: (1) NAV

Crovem's Ministry of Ordnance

Procino's 1st Bersaglieri Bicicletta
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »

Trying to make a pistol a carbine? Really? Note that failing to do so will have consequences. In that we won't be be to do a design next turn as a result.

Beyond that, pistol ammo and rifle ammo are different.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2020, 12:19:32 pm »

Quote from: Procino's 1st Bersaglieri Bicicletta
They want to be armed with a weapon which is as light weight as possible, both in terms of the weapon itself and the ammunition carried. Some variety of carbine is most likely.

Seems like they really want a pistol carbine to me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:27 pm »

I feel like we could try for a machine pistol with the carbine. I mean, we may as well, everything else on the revision is practically outright simple aside from the extended magazines.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10