Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Special Cats: end  (Read 9252 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 4, Quiet Rest
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2020, 02:45:17 am »

Roll eyes.  Walk forward with the other cats until the mice mages are within range.  Mind control one of them, and make it fuck up the other mouse mages with magic.  Wild magic.  Have it drain its little soul dry in a blind effort to kill the others.

Spoiler: Snowfoot the Imperious (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 8, Life of the Party
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2020, 09:24:22 am »

Repeatedly cast dice storm at the mice when they're within range, until the only thing I can see is dice.

Name: Fluffy the Terrible
Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Things that make you the best: Fluffiness
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Strikes: 0
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)
it's over

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2020, 05:11:16 pm »

Name: Slowpaw
Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 2 (Cannot be reduced below 1)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Wake up from the mildly drowsy state of multiple turns AFK. And then who are we kidding?
CHARGE.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2020, 05:27:01 pm »

Now's the time I'd usually be posting a turn, but I'm tired and would like to nap, so turn will happen whenever I wake up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 9, Porcupine
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2020, 09:03:15 pm »

-

Repeatedly cast dice storm at the mice when they're within range, until the only thing I can see is dice.

Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Strikes: 0
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)

[4][2][5]
[3][2][2][2][5][1][1][1][1][1][5]

You manage to get off three castings, sending eleven potent cubes hurling in a cloud towards the enemy. The first two spells drain you considerably, but seeing most of your shots deflected by shields, you're enraged and find the stamina to fire off one more. In this last burst, almost every single die strikes true, landing directly on the result which drains your strength.

Gain [3]+[4]+[3]+5 = 16 strikes.
[14]
[9]

You lose consciousness.

Rush out in front of the group and start smashing the mice with my hammer.

Name: The Claw
Appearance: A plain black cat
Things that make you the best: My strength and claws!
Signature Spell: Shield wall
Strikes: 3
Stuff: Big ass hammer, and a helmet

Dice guy managed to land a couple of good hits against the enemy formation, softening them up. Good job, dice guy! You rush in.
[9]
You swing your hammer horizontally, aiming to plow through the whole formation in one go. Then you... stop.
The two mice at either end of the formation aren't holding a needle and shield like the others, but what looks like a little two-pronged tuning fork. The one you were aiming for held this up to your hammer and it magically sapped away all the momentum. Develry!

[13]
Put off-balance, you're struck in the leg by a couple of legionnaire's needles.
Gain [3] strikes.
It's annoying, but you can keep fighting!

Spread out a little more than we already naturally are, then let my predator instincts guide my hunt. Use the glock of course, and if I can find a stick to whack 'em with should it get into melee, that'd be swell.

Name: Mr. Whiskers
Appearance: a proud and pretty kitty
Things that make you the best: the whiskers!
Signature Spell: [DATA NOT FOUND]
Strikes: none!
Stuff: tiny whisker comb, quality whisker oil, a glock

[4]
Predator's instincts, you say?
A real predator could take down this prey without any weapon! Watch this!
You close your eyes, closing out visual sensation and focusing on your ears and whiskers. You can tell where they are, you can smell them!

You put your front paws down and sprint, four-legged, towards the enemy, and pounce!-
Gain [2] strikes.

Ow! Ow! Pokey! It's like you jumped into a cactus! You're pushed off the formation by the mice's shields, and tumble prone, covered in pinpricks.

[11]
A lone, unarmored rat at the back of the formation glares at you. Her eyes briefly flash with a horrible malevolence! She somehow launches into the air, soars over the formation, and over you, leaving behind a durable thread. She's tying you down!

Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 2 (Cannot be reduced below 1)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Wake up from the mildly drowsy state of multiple turns AFK. And then who are we kidding?
CHARGE.

The sun is shining bright, casting the battlefield in glorious light. A gentle, mercifully cool breeze blows between your ears. You feel... no time for that! You were made for this!

[13]
You bounce forwards, bringing your stick to bear. That hammer guy made a mistake swinging horizontally, and you learn from it, making a vertical strike down onto just one of the shield-mice, outterly obliterating its shield and puny body between your stick and the harsh ground!

[11]
The mouse next to the one you obliterated panically swings its needle at your leg, landing a pathetic scratch.
Gain [1] strike.

Roll eyes.  Walk forward with the other cats until the mice mages are within range.  Mind control one of them, and make it fuck up the other mouse mages with magic.  Wild magic.  Have it drain its little soul dry in a blind effort to kill the others.

You cast your spell and the end of it reaches out searchingly to the mice. Soldiers, no. You want one of the nerds.
[12]
What you feel on the other end is... disconcerting. The foundations of magic are there, sloshing through the thing's mind like an expensive tea through a dirt cup. But around the edges it's different. Angular, simplified. In an affront to grace and efficiency, this creature has learned magic wrong.
And you will teach it.
Gain [6] strikes.

No more cats are able to enter the melee, it's too crowded now. You may be larger and stronger, but the mice's small size is an advantage in that more of them can fit onto the front line at one time. Individually they may be weaker, but they are able to react to more things at once when fighting as a group.

The mages attempt to cast a spell, but something causes it it fizzle!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:04:56 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 4, Quiet Rest
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2020, 11:00:57 pm »

Urgh.  Eat the mouse corpse from before, to regenerate some strikes.  Then continue trying to sabotage that fucking mouse!  Don't let its idiocy drag me down to its level!  Just make it... like, explode, or something.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2020, 03:41:42 am »

Kick the shit out of the tuning fork guys and bring the hammer down on the rest of the mice.

Strikes: 6
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2020, 02:32:49 pm »

Do nothing.

Strikes: 16
it's over

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2020, 02:56:43 pm »

Break free, retreat a bit, shoot mousies with glock, the big/special ones first.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2020, 04:35:31 pm »

Strikes: 3 (Cannot be reduced below 1)

Let out a mighty roar, then WALLOP.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 10, In which everyone misses
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:29 pm »

-

Do nothing.

Strikes: 16

An excellent choice!
[12]
A medicine man notices your prone form, pokes you gently, then shrugs and starts making tea.

Break free, retreat a bit, shoot mousies with glock, the big/special ones first.

[12]
You push against the wire and manage to dislodge it from its anchor in the ground. You roll backwards a few paces, pull out your gun, and point it to where the jumpy mouse was.

[7]
Hold on. Where-
[8]
The Hunter attaches a line to your face and reels herself in rapidly. Smacking at high speed directly into you, stunning you both!

Kick the shit out of the tuning fork guys and bring the hammer down on the rest of the mice.

[8]
Little shit! You wind up a big kick to punt the tuning fork mouse away, but when you connect... the momentum in your foot vanishes!

[10]
The needle-mice move to poke you, but you hop out of range before they can.

Strikes: 3 (Cannot be reduced below 1)

Let out a mighty roar, then WALLOP.

[9]
You hold up your stick and... aim carefully. The formation isn't moving much and the legionaries seem preoccupied with fighting other people, so you can take your time and aim-
SMACK
Got one!

Urgh.  Eat the mouse corpse from before, to regenerate some strikes.  Then continue trying to sabotage that fucking mouse!  Don't let its idiocy drag me down to its level!  Just make it... like, explode, or something.

[9]
You gobble up the meat. Bleh. Better fresh.

[9]
[7]
One of the mage-mice stumbles, plagued by visions of incomprehensible patterns and intense Ego. His tail disentangles from the ring of mages and he collapses into the sand, exhausted.

[13]
The other mages manage to make up the gap and cast anyways, however. A shimmering bubble extends out from the center of the ring, and expands to contain the mouse-mages, the legionnaires, and those in melee with them.
You can tell that the spell hasn't activated yet, and isn't directly harmful.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 10, In which everyone misses
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2020, 04:45:12 am »

Screw it, grab the tuning fork mouse and bit his head off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 10, In which everyone misses
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2020, 09:28:05 am »

Grab the lil' bastard! If he jumps/moves out of reach, shoot 'em instead!

Strikes: 2

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 11, Grabby Paws
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2020, 05:02:05 pm »

-

Grab the lil' bastard! If she jumps/moves out of reach, shoot 'em instead!

Strikes: 2

[7]
You grab... a rock! Great job, sport!

The Hunter rolls to her feet, then zips backwards, pulled by those threads back behind the line of needlemice.

Screw it, grab the tuning fork mouse and bit his head off.

[13]
You grab the tuning-fork legionnaire and shove it into your mouth. Ahh, that's better. Crunchy.

The magical bubble, encompassing all the mice and those fighting them, begins to glow brightly and emit a high-pitched whine. Just a moment later, it's gone, along with everything inside of it, leaving behind a hemisphere-shaped hole in the ground.

Those who were inside of it find themselves in a different place. Though, its still in the desert so everything looks pretty similar. There's nobody else around, though.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 11, Grabby Paws
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2020, 06:21:45 pm »

Do unconscious person things, like lying on the floor waiting for someone to help me. I'm assuming I didn't get warped into the bubble dimension due to not being within melee range of the mice.

Strikes: 15
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8