Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Special Cats: end  (Read 9254 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 2, Humble Startings
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2020, 01:20:19 pm »

Bullets are just the solid part which flies out, so you could say they're analogous to a single fragment of an exploded grenade. The cartridge, if it goes off outside of a gun's chamber, won't have enough energy behind it to be dangerous. The barrel is important for focusing that energy. So I can't really say that cartridges are like grenades, because they're only effective in combination with a firearm.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 01:34:25 pm »

Go see what our defenses are and see how they can be improved.

Name: The Claw
Appearance: A plain black cat
Things that make you the best: My strength and claws!
Signature Spell: Shield wall
Strikes: 0
Stuff: Big ass hammer, and a helmet
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 01:45:12 pm »

Bullets are just the solid part which flies out, so you could say they're analogous to a single fragment of an exploded grenade. The cartridge, if it goes off outside of a gun's chamber, won't have enough energy behind it to be dangerous. The barrel is important for focusing that energy. So I can't really say that cartridges are like grenades, because they're only effective in combination with a firearm.

Hence the "highly specialized" part. They're only useful for one function, but they're amazing at it.
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2020, 02:17:46 pm »

You may as well say that a sword is a specialized grenade then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 3, Vastness
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 05:07:46 pm »

-

Can I into cat?

Name: Mr. Whiskers
Appearance: a proud and pretty kitty
Things that make you the best: the whiskers!
Signature Spell: [DATA NOT FOUND]
Strikes: none!
Stuff: tiny whisker comb, quality whisker oil, a glock

You're here. You have an unergonomic and oversized artifact tucked into your belt. You think it's supposed to be some kind of powerful weapon. The old fella who gave it to you before dying told you that you just have to point it at the thing you wanna make dead and pull the trigger, and that it's really loud. You haven't actually used it, though.

Re-enact Boreale's speech (see this video for reference) while rallying our fellow cats.

Name: Fluffy the Terrible
Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Things that make you the best: Fluffiness,
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)

I was going to give you a malus for trying to rally your people using a speech from the imperium, when your mortal enemies and ethical opposites are pretty close to the imperium themselves, but it would appear that the speech has been mangled into nonsense, which is pretty in character for cat mages so I guess this gets a bonus actually?
[13]

You climb up onto a rock and begin loudly ranting on a variety of topics which you know nothing about, and which probably don't even exist. A few men and women gather around, emboldened by your fearless rejection of logic and reason.

[Add to Stuff: Unreasonable Followers]

Go see what our defenses are and see how they can be improved.

Well, there's you, and there's the other mages, and there's that guy with an artifact weapon. And nearly everyone here has their own weapons, mostly spears and bows for hunting. There's not many things that live in the desert, so that should be enough to fend off animal attacks.
As for the mice... well, they're never found you before, so it's probably fine. You're not really sure how you'd prepare for fighting them anyways.

Well then, looks like we're all done with preparing to cross the desert. Everyone who's gonna be here is here, anyone who's not ready is too slow, let's put our show where our road is.

The crossing begins about as well as can be expected, though the complaining only subsides slightly once everyone starts moving. The whole tribe covers a very large area while traveling like this, on account of how everyone wants to keep a good ten meters of personal space.

After a day's worth of day the day is done, Var departs over the horizon, and it's starting to get dark. You'll stop and sleep here, and continue the walk tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:21:57 pm by Egan_BW »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 3, Vastness
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2020, 10:12:35 pm »

Name: Slowpaw
Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 1 (Cannot be reduced below one unless his "disability" is fixed - He knows that was his 8th life right there, so he fights like he's on his last... Because he is.)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Paranoia crept in from his blind side, and out of paranoia, he could not sleep.
Maintain the night watch.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2020, 06:09:15 am »

But you forgot to describe the most important thing: what about the whiskers!?

Have my beauty sleep, keep my paws on my glock though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2020, 07:04:29 am »

Guard the rest of my fellow cats, and attack anything that's a threat.

Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2020, 04:01:48 pm »

Aid in guarding over the rest of the cats.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 4, Quiet Rest
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2020, 05:08:47 pm »

-

Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 1 (Cannot be reduced below one unless his "disability" is fixed - He knows that was his 8th life right there, so he fights like he's on his last... Because he is.)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Paranoia crept in from his blind side, and out of paranoia, he could not sleep.
Maintain the night watch.

[14]
You maintain a vigilant watch through the night. Nothing alarming transpires; except for a few fires all is dark and quiet, just the stars and Zaidar's eye calmly watching the world below.
When the sun does rise, you find that you did fall asleep briefly. You still feel a little exhausted, however.
You gain [2] strikes.

But you forgot to describe the most important thing: what about the whiskers!?

Have my beauty sleep, keep my paws on my glock though.

They're there. What do you want me to say about a cat's whiskers? They're all pretty similar to each other.

[12]
You feel well-rested.

Guard the rest of my fellow cats, and attack anything that's a threat.

You and your odd followers keep a battery of eyes out for anything hazardous. One of them points out a bird of prey circling, which you proactively target with a burst of cubic artillery.
[6]+[6]+[2]
[3][4][6][4][4][3][1][1][1][5][5][4]
[10]

The die on your staff rolls itself, and lands on the sigil of power. A second, phantom die spits off from it, rolling ethereally across the air... and also lands on the sigil of power. Uh oh. A third die splits off from that one, and lands on Cards. A frightful revving sound is heard, and a huge number of dice manifest and hurl themselves into the air.

The bird is hit by a good number of them, and is instantly gibbed by a combination of force, flame, and lightning sigils. However, you also feel a few Drain sigils impact, leaving you feeling... drained.
You gain 4 strikes.

Aid in guarding over the rest of the cats.

You sleep for a while, then wake up and watch for a shift. Nothing of note happens, unless you count the night-time adventures of various young people.

The sun rises, and with it comes early morning. Everyone has a nice relaxing waking-up routine, and you see several people chatting, seeming to have warmed up to having company a little bit.
And so comes late morning, and you're finally ready to start moving again.

However... there is something unusual this time. You hear buzzing overhead, and far away you can see some large beetles flying in a group.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:22:10 pm by Egan_BW »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 4, Quiet Rest
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2020, 07:40:20 pm »

It turns out that there's a drawback to making the GM roll over a dozen dice for 1 action. Oh well.

Time to find someone who can heal me and remember not to potentially waste one of my 9 lives over a bird of all creatures.

Things that make you the best: Fluffiness
Strikes: 4
it's over

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 02:46:00 am »

They're there. What do you want me to say about a cat's whiskers? They're all pretty similar to each other.
Whaaaat?! Mine are clearly superior to those of the other cats! See how they glisten in the sun, each one trimmed to perfection, a sublime elegance mirroring that of our kind as a whole. A set of unkempt whiskers deface more than just the cat they are on, they are a blight against all of us.

Also, shoot at the beetles if they get aggressive, dangerous, or annoying.   

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:59:52 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 04:13:54 am »

Mind control some of the fatter beetles to come land in front of me, and snack on them.

Spoiler: Snowfoot the Imperious (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 02:33:24 pm »

Wait for some of the beetles to land, then smash them with my hammer.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 04:23:01 pm »

Strikes: 3 (Cannot be reduced below 1)

Hold off on an aggressive approach - They may be strange, but these beetles have not been proven hostile... Take a defensive stance, though, in case the fur flies.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8