Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The 12th Circle  (Read 2403 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: The 12th Circle
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 11:44:55 pm »

"Bomb collars. Classic! I'm not really sure what that has to do with magic though." Ray pulls out the cellphone he's been preparing to prepare since he's entered the realm. He casually enters the password and browses through the few apps on his rune-covered device. "My magic is mostly just me asking for help. I'll ask Professor Vaco for the key first. I'm not sure he's going to make the test that easy unless this is some kind of metaphor. 'Yes, you are truly wise young one! For you must know the teacher's carry the key to the knowledge that will keep you alive'. Another classic!" He enters an app entitled 'Summon Item from Beyond' with an icon of a die next to a shining sword. A prompt comes up asking him to input what item category he would like to summon. The app's background is a continuation of the runes decorating the rest of the phone, with the occasional phantom item fading in and out. "Assuming he just doesn't hand it over willingly, I'll need your guys's help. We can take turns picking each other's locks. It looks like its really hard to pick your own lock, it will be much easier to get someone else's given you can actually see it. I've never really picked a lock before, unless one of you is secretly an expert locksmith we better hope I pull some kind of fancy auto-lock-picker..."

He expertly types out the word 'lock-pick' and hits enter. A summoning circle expands for his mobile device, which begins spinning in odd directions as the word "Searching" appears over it like a hologram in what must be hundreds of languages. Including most of those known by his present company. After a moment these letters turn to 'Item Found.' A light begins to build up as the circle's spinning becomes swifter and more erratic, finishing in a burst of light. As the light fades away the summoned object appears.

"...Wait, does that lock say something? Maybe I should have read it before wasting a perfectly good spell. Uh, stand still for a second."

Ray gets closer to Alfa, trying to see what it says around the apparent keyhole on his collar.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 03:10:05 am »

Alfa is largely used to and unfazed by being collared, although he doesn't find it as comfortable as he would floating in one of those tubes of mysterious fluid. On the other hand, being approached causes him to freeze in mild terror. He mumbles, hopefully loud enough for at least Ray to hear him, something along the lines of "I could probably dream a key or get him to unlock us if everyone gives me some peace and quiet and maybe a blanket".

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 11:11:32 am »

"Peace and quite? Even if you did get everyone to shut up you'd still have to deal with the ticking. I could pull a pair of headphones and force some quite but I don't know if we have enough time for you to meditate or whatever setup you need for your spells. I'm not even sure I have enough time to finish this sentence."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 11:42:21 am »

A little more confidently after the successful interaction thus far, Alfa quietly responds, "It sounds like you did. I'm not too picky, I've learned to sleep through a lot of things... That's what I do, by the way. I sleep. And dream. I'll explain later if we have one."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 11:54:46 am »

"Fine, just give me a second. I'll wake you up if I end up reading the lock and it gives us some riddle that we end up figuring out or the situation otherwise changes. In the meantime maybe I'll try working with Nor with the locpick."

Ray goes through the motions of summoning a second item, this time typing in "headphones" for his target object. He hands whatever results from this spell to Alfa.

"I'd rather not spend a spell for a blanket. You can borrow my jacket if it is necessary for you to sleep. It won't be particularly warm or comfortable in the roll, but I can't promise that whatever I'd get would be any better in the first place."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »

Nor backs away from the others and begins chanting, runes appearing around her as magic builds to a crescendo.

" Mannaz, Haglaz, Ansuz"

Let the collar break to pieces, the contents spill free, the trapped become free of restraint.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 08:08:25 pm »

Holding out a hand to take whatever Ray hands over without even looking at it yet, Alfa's attention is once again entirely consumed, this time in watching to see if the little bug-person explodes.

He does snicker and say "Maybe next try Yera, Mannaz, Kaunaz, Ansuz" to nobody in particular.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2020, 09:47:17 am »

Ray gets closer to Alfa, trying to see what it says around the apparent keyhole on his collar.

Ray get a glimpse of what is written on the collar before alfa retreated back. The collar designed as such:

A regular sized collar though there seem to be green and red key hole. The text written as the following. "We see ourselves but we only count as one. One with many us is more than what many count as one. When in need, should you guide others to the path of eternal. Trust this answer. Green."
(Sooner or later This information will be known to all the participant after seeing that other collars have similar texts on them.)

Nor backs away from the others and begins chanting, runes appearing around her as magic builds to a crescendo.

" Mannaz, Haglaz, Ansuz"

Let the collar break to pieces, the contents spill free, the trapped become free of restraint.

Nor use her magic to make the collar loose and soon she was able to let the collar go. Though the time is still ticking.

Prom witness the other who are already in action. Trying to detach the device from her head. Prom asked. "Hey... I was going to ask what is that thing your holding, But right now safety first. Can you please lockpick my collar?" While Prom slowly approach Ray closer.

While the other.... seemingly still continue with his own monologue.

"How blasphemous. You lot did not use god's prayer to save yourselves. Let it be known that god will me to live and so i shall survive this comedic ordeal." Said the lizard guy continue to be stubborn of anyone's help while the clock remains ticking.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2020, 10:22:22 am »

"The objective is to disarm it, rather than remove it. Probably safer from being blown up if it isn't on me though. Disarm means to make it so it cannot harm. So another spell to disable the components ability to injure?"

"Just a moment. Though I don't think I can help you with your own disarming of the bomb."

Cast the same spell on Prom's collar.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:25:52 am by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2020, 04:11:35 pm »

Alfa is a stickler for role-playing and refuses to know what the thing says until someone tells him. >:|

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 04:39:25 pm »

Prom witness the other who are already in action. Trying to detach the device from her head. Prom asked. "Hey... I was going to ask what is that thing your holding, But right now safety first. Can you please lockpick my collar?" While Prom slowly approach Ray closer.

"Oh sure. It looks like my original plan was on the money. I think this is some kind of trust building exercise. We're supposed to take each other's collars off, you can do mine after I do yours."

Ray places his phone in his pocket and moves closer, jamming his lockpick into the green keyhole on Prom's collar.

"I'm not very good at this. If we're lucky it will be easy to pick if we pick the right one. I'll try my best, lets see where that gets me."

He attempts to jiggle the pick around listening for any clicks or snaps that tell him he's doing it right.

"And that thing I used? It was uh...my digitized version of Tuhan's Bible. It allows his grace to work through me. I think I remember a holy ability that could make items or something. Yep good thing Tuhan has my back. Hang on a second, he's sending me a divine message....I'm supposed to help out the lizard guy with the Holy Lockpicks he provided after I finish helping you."

Alfa is a stickler for role-playing and refuses to know what the thing says until someone tells him. >:|

"You have less than three minute to fall asleep and do whatever magic you need to do to get that key buddy. You really don't want this alarm clock waking you up."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2020, 05:56:50 pm »

"The objective is to disarm it, rather than remove it. Probably safer from being blown up if it isn't on me though. Disarm means to make it so it cannot harm. So another spell to disable the components ability to injure?"

"Just a moment. Though I don't think I can help you with your own disarming of the bomb."

Does not cast.

"I'll point out I can't remove it if someone is in the way of the casting." Nor floats there a bit annoyed at having her thunder stolen, not to mention they may end up blowing it up. She instead examines the collar.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 05:59:01 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2020, 06:57:20 pm »

Does not cast.

"I'll point out I can't remove it if someone is in the way of the casting." Nor floats there a bit annoyed at having her thunder stolen, not to mention they may end up blowing it up. She instead examines the collar.

"C-calm down, petit d'Ansuz, you can do mine since you didn't explode. Three minutes is a little too much pressure for doing it my way. Although I'm pretty sure I'm not going to explode anyway. I mean, not to sound like the lizardpriest, but I feel like I've probably got a destiny that's going somewhere better than this, otherwise it seems like a lot of work on reality's part for nothing."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 07:05:27 pm »

Does not cast.

"C-calm down, petit d'Ansuz, you can do mine since you didn't explode. Three minutes is a little too much pressure for doing it my way. Although I'm pretty sure I'm not going to explode anyway. I mean, not to sound like the lizardpriest, but I feel like I've probably got a destiny that's going somewhere better than this, otherwise it seems like a lot of work on reality's part for nothing."

"Primal Runes have a tendency to destroy the area when accidents happen. Or when they are used as is without any forethought. Or when you decide to channel that power. Or when the targeting isn't correct."

Casts the spell on the collar around Prom

" Mannaz, Haglaz, Ansuz"

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2020, 08:06:00 pm »

"Primal Runes have a tendency to destroy the area when accidents happen. Or when they are used as is without any forethought. Or when you decide to channel that power. Or when the targeting isn't correct."

Casts the spell on the collar around Prom

" Mannaz, Haglaz, Ansuz"

Nor casts the same spell she used on herself previously to Alfa so he could escape from death's grasp. The spell succeeded this time as well. Even though they were able to let the collar go from their neck. The timer on the device is still ticking. The time right now display that they have 1 minute remaining til it's explode.

"Oh dear..."

"Oh sure. It looks like my original plan was on the money. I think this is some kind of trust building exercise. We're supposed to take each other's collars off, you can do mine after I do yours."

Ray places his phone in his pocket and moves closer, jamming his lockpick into the green keyhole on Prom's collar.

"I'm not very good at this. If we're lucky it will be easy to pick if we pick the right one. I'll try my best, lets see where that gets me."

He attempts to jiggle the pick around listening for any clicks or snaps that tell him he's doing it right.

A clicking sound made from Ray's attempt at lockpicking Prom's neck collar. The device seem to have stopped ticking and quickly detach from her neck. Afterwards the device fell to the ground and it's color turned into the same color as the ground.

"It worked!" Said prom in joyous tone. "Let me do you then." Prom returning Ray's favor after helping her. The same thing happened to Ray's collar. Both of them have freed them of the grasp of deadly bomb of doom. "That's Pretty anti-climactic.. Hey bald dick, you really think this lame device would do anything besides inconvenience us of our time?" Rant Prom in displeased of Vaco's silly charade.

Even though, the others seem to not have lockpick their collar bombs.

I'm supposed to help out the lizard guy with the Holy Lockpicks he provided after I finish helping you."

"I'm on it." She said that as she charges towards the lizard guy as he was praying(dozing) in the middle of the event. Prom forcefully pin him into the ground, holding his head down. The lizard guy squirms in anger. "UNHAND ME." He said, while Prom calmly said to Ray. "He's all yours."

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3