Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256586 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4560 on: March 13, 2024, 04:54:45 am »

You send the message up, informing Uncle that you've found a large Jacathium crystal and it was guarded by emissions, which formed a highly offensive, highly damaging, gray mist.  You ask him for information and treatment advice.

The return message takes significantly more time than usual, and when it arrives, well..

Uncle doesn't know what Jacathium is.  He's interested, and thinks it must be a new mineral and is likely highly valuable, even if he doesn't know what uses are for it.  He does advise that you shatter it, though, stating that small chunks are almost certainly much less dangerous to you than large ones.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: March 13, 2024, 05:33:50 am »

That's enough info for me, Smash it!
And gather all the pieces, of course.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: March 13, 2024, 08:26:05 am »

That's enough info for me, Smash it!
And gather all the pieces, of course.

+1

Try to have Sessha or Willis strike it hard on a flaw or vertex with a trick shot dagger or arrow. If that doesn’t work, just using sheer force is fine.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: March 13, 2024, 07:32:02 pm »

Sessha uses Trick Shot!

This works!  Doing so causes the knife to shatter the crystal into tens of thousands of pieces.  You'll never pick up all the pieces, however..

Pick up as many as you can?

Pick up enough for four or five items worth?

Pick up enough crystal to count as just one item?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: March 14, 2024, 12:37:56 am »

Grab as many was we can.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: March 14, 2024, 03:21:45 am »

Grab as many was we can.
+1, might be highly valuable, Uncle will be pleased regardless.

I mean, it formed a weird screaming death mist that tried to murder us in our sleep. There's no way it's not super interesting, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: March 15, 2024, 12:03:44 am »

Several hours later, you have yet to reach the stack limit in inventory before you finally give up on collecting more crystal.  It's a ways home, moving in caves is hard, and the bottled mist feels hot and uncomfortable when you pick it up.  You leave it behind.  There's some crystal left, but at this point you'd want to pick it up by washing the rocks with water and filtering that water through some fine cloth.

Collected 1230x Jacathium Crystal Shards.

Bedtime, or anything else?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:07:10 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: March 15, 2024, 12:50:18 am »

Dang that's a lot of crystal bits.

Let's sleep in shifts just in case more mist comes out of the crystals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: March 16, 2024, 06:15:29 pm »

Sounds good!  The shifts are Trence, then Sessha, and then Willis, to reduce the odds of both kids being up at the same time.

...wait, is that why Sessha always arranges the watches this way?  Curses.  At least the alcove camp is much more comfortable and less scary than the Base Camp was.

After a night, all characters regain one of their damaged hitpoints.  Trence is at 60/100 Max HP, Willis is at 39/77, and Sessha is at 146/184.

You think that properly resting for a day will recover more hitpoints.  Also, a Restoration potion will probably restore more max HP, but you don't have any.

Here's what you have left in inventory.. as well as what ended up up top.  You can have those items dropped down for you, at some risk of losing the items.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

In addition, the robots are willing to supply you with more stuff, dropped the same way, into the narrow section you initially fell into.  There will be some risk of the items getting stuck or going missing somewhere above you.  Cheap stuff will be free, but particularly expensive or unusual items.. well, the robots will expect some compensation once you're back up.  You're high level adventurers, they know you can afford it.

Free stuff:

Climbing gear.
Food.
Camping Gear.
More glowstones.
Basic potions.
Another Willis-related elemental arrow.
Basic [+1] power all-elemental weapons.  (In case of more mist)

Feel free to suggest any more items you'd like them to supply you with.  The robots can probably come up with it, but there will be some risk of it not arriving down here, and if it's valuable they'll probably want it back or want money for it.

Also..

Do you just rest as much as you can, or do you want to try futher explorations of the Fissure Maze?  You have not tried to penetrate the strange, dancing darkness or go up or down the Slab Chimney.

Spoiler: Fissure Maze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 06:17:33 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: March 16, 2024, 06:26:33 pm »

Unfortunately, we are adventurers.

No items for now, up the slab chimney.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: March 17, 2024, 06:18:44 pm »

Unfortunately, we are adventurers.

No items for now, up the slab chimney.
+1

Though the mention of other elemental arrows makes me think we should look into that at some point.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: March 17, 2024, 10:44:11 pm »

"We should look into that."

By which I mean, They're free, so take one.  No Void arrows.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: March 17, 2024, 11:26:52 pm »

Nature Arrow

We have poison effects in Sessha and Trence, and ice damage in Willis's Ice Arrow! skill. Willis can cast spells that deal fire, ice, or water damage, albeit only once or twice. That leaves Earth, Nature, Lightning, Void, and whatever I'm forgetting. Void's out, so...

Quote from: Dev
you know, Dorren's elemental armour spells don't cover Void or Nature damage.
So Nature.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: March 18, 2024, 06:30:19 pm »

"Nature.  Dorren's elemental armour spells don't cover Nature.. and nothing down here should resist that, either."

Sounds good to you.

You go with the minimum, with them just dropping down food, climbing gear, and the nature arrows.  It takes a good walk down the main hallway to find the stuff, but they're wrapped in padded packages and attached to parachutes.  Neat!  There's a lot of silk fabric, too, enough that you wonder if the robots have some way of making the stuff.

Willis gained Nature Arrows!

Exploring upwards is difficult work.  You need to put pitons into the wall, driving them in with hammers, and sending ropes around them.  The web shooters do help some, but it's still a slow process.  Eventually, after a solid day of work, you manage to get up the sixty feet until the slab chimney widens out again, the smooth slabs becoming covered in a pebbled surface.  There's a few hundred sqare feet of pebbled granite, with a low ceiling, ending in a pit, with the far wall another fifty feet away, and the bottom ending in more slabs.  Above, you can't see all the way up, but it goes as far as the glowstones can easily light.

Once Sessha gets up, she identifies the pebbled surface as being full of garnets.  Cheap gemstones, but still gemstones.

Max HP recovers by one point.

Days passed, 3.

Spoiler: Fissure Maze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:33:05 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: March 19, 2024, 01:12:51 am »

Garnets are worth some money I say we grab a few while we're here.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 326