Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256591 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4545 on: February 21, 2024, 01:41:16 am »

So it was nanobots after all! Or living radiation maybe.

Trence > Tidal Beath!
Willis > Ice Arrow!
Sessha > Sonic Stun

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: February 22, 2024, 08:33:19 pm »

Trence uses Tidal Breath!

The breath attack vanishes into the gray mist, sprays of ice and water turning into nowhere.  It's certainly destroying something, but it's difficult to judge the amount of pain being caused to a cloud from inside it.

Willis uses an Ice Arrow!

Willis's perfect aim is pretty useless here, as he simply draws an ice arrow and looses it at no point in particular.

Sessha casts Sonic Stun!  A.. ray? comes from her finger and creates a small fixed spot in the air in front of her.  The overall mist isn't affected, but a small amount of it was frozen and the pattern of flow is slightly disrupted.

Still, the oppressive mist covers all, as it tries to clamp down on the annoying pearls in its centre, pressing down from all sides.

The party takes 21 damage!  10 of it is semi-permanent.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: February 23, 2024, 02:15:13 am »

Trence > Icy Slash!
Willis > Ice Arrow!
Sessha > Heal Willis
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 05, 2024, 02:44:48 pm »

Trence > Icy Slash!
Willis > Ice Arrow!
Sessha > Heal Willis
+1
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 05, 2024, 06:44:26 pm »

Trence uses Icy Slash!  His claw becomes covered in white energy, and he tears at the air in front of himself.

Willis uses Ice Arrow!  Another arrow vanishes into the mist.

You think it's perhaps getting a bit thin at this point.

Sessha casts Heal!  The party is maxed out!  At least of the temporary damage.

The mist may be weakened, but it isn't yet gone.  It tears at the party once more.

Everyone takes 20 damage, ten of which is unhealable.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:54:04 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: March 06, 2024, 03:05:34 am »

Trence > Frozen Double Slash!
Willis > Ice Arrow!
Sessha > Vertigo

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: March 08, 2024, 07:13:40 pm »

Trence uses Frozen Double Slash!  The mist is torn apart, and recedes away from the party, dissolving into nothingness.

Trence then transforms back, and almost falls into the pit, no longer being close to large enough to cram himself between both walls.  Sessha grabs him, and he scrambles to safety.

The mist evaporates, resembling nothing more than scraps of burning rubber, wiggling, turning, and shrinking into small islands of mist before disappearing.  The bottom of the pit is revealed in the glowstone light.

It's clean.  Like this whole chamber, it looks like it was scoured by water and drained.  At the bottom there are small black and gray chunks, a couple of dark spots that might be further passages..

..and a rust-red crystal, about the size of Blade Dragon Trence, sticking out of the wall.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: March 08, 2024, 08:55:07 pm »

Investigate and fiddle with crystal immediately.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: March 09, 2024, 01:48:02 am »

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: March 09, 2024, 04:26:42 am »

It's a crystal!  It doesn't hurt you when you touch it, but it's clearly a special magic crystal.  None of you have seen a rust-red one before, so it's anyone's guess as to what kind of crystal it is.

..Well, it would be.  The scan crystal strongly implies this is "Jacathium", whatever that is.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: March 10, 2024, 12:04:10 pm »

So I guess the question is whether we try to disable the crystal, or trust that the swarm takes a while to regenerate and leave it in place. It could be immensely valuable, though it might be hard to capitalise on that.

See if we can pull the crystal from the wall.

Check out the bottom of the pit - including the other passages.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: March 10, 2024, 10:40:52 pm »

So I guess the question is whether we try to disable the crystal, or trust that the swarm takes a while to regenerate and leave it in place. It could be immensely valuable, though it might be hard to capitalise on that.

See if we can pull the crystal from the wall.

Check out the bottom of the pit - including the other passages.

Crystal's stuck.  Pulling it out is a lot of digging.. careful digging with real tools.  To remove it, or a good chunk of it, you'll have to break it.  You'd have to break it anyway if the full chunk is removed, as it's a big chunky thing that won't fit through the squeezes, anyway.

As for other exits, there's a couple of tiny ones, very narrow and far too small for people to go through, running upwards and downwards.  There's also a broken wall, leading to a vertical slab-sided shaft.  It's narrow enough to climb up or down like a chimney, which runs at least a few dozen feet up and down.  You think there's a space above just in view from the entrance.  Below extends beyond sight.

It also looks pretty tiring to climb through.

Spoiler: Fissure Maze (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: March 12, 2024, 01:33:47 am »

Should we send a shadow messenger to uncle to tell him that we found that Jacathium crystal and see what he thinks of it?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: March 12, 2024, 11:47:20 pm »

I think so. It's quite likely even he won't know, but it's worth a shot.

Shadow Messenger to Uncle. Found Jacathium Crystal, guarded by Jacathium Emissions, any info?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: March 13, 2024, 02:16:54 am »

I think so. It's quite likely even he won't know, but it's worth a shot.

Shadow Messenger to Uncle. Found Jacathium Crystal, guarded by Jacathium Emissions, any info?
+1 If he doesn't know about it he could find out if any of the robot miners do and get info from them.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 326