Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256765 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4365 on: November 30, 2023, 08:47:23 pm »

Wouldn't Spar just go first though

Also this. I don't think we're going to be able to get around her trashing someone instantly and every round thereafter.

Spar would go first.  It's just that if you're engaging outside her fight range, 'I hit you' isn't a possible action.

Ask about further additions to the accessories, like magic resist. Ask about questing for accessory parts, if that would make them cheaper or more powerful.

Shoving a third feature in them escalates the price beyond what's reasonable.

..Magic resistant accessories are doable, though.  +2 MDR amulets of warding are one upgrade each, and +3 costs two upgrades each.

As for questing for accessory parts, you have the biggest one already for the 4 cost elemental armour + death ward ones.  Handing over a ring of elemental armour cuts the cost in half, to only 2 each.  This is a better deal than just selling your rings, as that'll only bring in one upgrade.

There was one other outstanding idea for accessories.  Bonus max MP.  It's 2 upgrades for a +10 MP Max item, and 3 upgrades for a +20 item.  You can't quest to cut the price down, but if you find a particular ingredient, you could buy a +30 for 3 upgrades and the item.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: December 01, 2023, 02:40:25 am »

Looks like death from above is a usable strategy, I say we work towards this!

Also robot Antarctica sounds like a fun place to go next.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: December 01, 2023, 02:54:51 am »

Current goals seem to be..

1.  Sort out equipment.

2.  Sort out Alice's god.

3.  Go wherever you like next.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: December 01, 2023, 03:44:51 pm »

1. Buy four Elemental Armour + Death Ward accessories, trading in our current rings.

1. Look into an MP-regen staff for Willis.

3. Robot Antarctica!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: December 02, 2023, 01:25:18 am »

1. Buy four Elemental Armour + Death Ward accessories, trading in our current rings.

1. Look into an MP-regen staff for Willis.

3. Robot Antarctica!

+1 Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: December 02, 2023, 06:29:59 am »

Hold the front door! Do we not want to do anything with the bane metal?

Definitely happy with buying the protections… even +3 resist might be useful, or we’re still taking double damage at least every turn and Trence can’t use an elemental form.

MP regen staff sounds interesting, although it’s not super key. Would like to know more about staff abilities in general.

Is there such a thing as a bane metal staff? Could the mana steal work with spells or ranged attacks?

What ingredients should we look for if we want to make useful armour with high elemental resistances across the board?

Definitely agree about the god, and robot Antarctica sounds nice, but we do have that dungeon key if we want rapid cash - I suspect it represents a better than usual looting opportunity.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: December 02, 2023, 07:25:28 am »

Is there such a thing as a bane metal staff? Could the mana steal work with spells or ranged attacks?

You could make a bane metal staff, but it would be useless.  Wielding it would make spells cost more mana, while providing no bonuses.  You also don't have enough of it.  It would let you bonk things for mana drain, but you already have that in a format that is spellcasting friendly.

Ranged attacks with bane metal, sure.  Making some arrows would be fine.  Spells, no, not at all.

What ingredients should we look for if we want to make useful armour with high elemental resistances across the board?

High-end emblems would be the big one.  Other than that, go find some dwarves and shake them until advanced materials fall out.  Or go delve into high-end dungeons or something.

There is no simple 'resist all' material.

Dungeon key

The issue with the dungeon key is you don't know what dungeon it's for, other than a big one.  There were some cryptic notes with it, but you couldn't figure it out.  Asking Klamati for the secret seems like the simplest path to discovery.

..that said, it was in a bank in Tulia.  So it's probably on the other continent.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: December 02, 2023, 07:29:24 am »

I have two votes for buying four Death Ward + Elemental Armour accessories.  One more and you'll kit up with four of them, one for each party member.  This will cost 10 of your 16 upgrades of cash.

There is still more loot to be sold, though, you have a fancy outfit which will bring in at least three upgrades, and a piece of alchemy gear, which you can get two upgrades for.  You've spent enough time running down alchemists that you were able to find a better price.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: December 02, 2023, 12:42:49 pm »

+1 Sounds good to me.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: December 03, 2023, 04:58:10 am »

You now have six upgrades worth of cash.

Your new rings sort of resemble the old ones, copper circles with six gems set in the front, but these now have been shaped to look like a bat-shape twisted into a ring.  The back side of the rings, opposite the front gems, contain a bit of purple cystal to round out the full set of protections.

Look into an MP-regen staff for Willis.

Willis, at this time, can't use a staff.  He's gotta train to be able to use one first.  Usually staffs do less damage than normal weapons, but they boost various elements of magic.  Empower certain kinds of spells, for instance, or provide built-in spells that can be cast several times, or other magical abilities.  About all they can't do is boost max MP.. for some reason that only seems to work on accessories.  Although, maybe if you have an alchemical staff...

Mana regeneration on a staff is possible.  The numbers don't look super good for Willis, though, being in the range of 3 or 4 mana a turn.  That would be nice if he did cheap support spells or reasonably-priced healing, but he does big nasty spells that make all the people fall down, costing dozens of mana.

What does look more appealing is the possibility of getting even more damage on it.  Or, alternatively, get a few charges of a high-powered spell added to a staff, so he can cast it without using his MP..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: December 03, 2023, 09:31:28 am »

Will Willis' blaster mage potential improve/affect his staff spells?

Could Bane Metal be used in a bow? I assume it might be a slightly limited resource for arrows, but perhaps someone with a historical weapons interest could suggest some kind of retrievable arrow contraption.

I'd also like to note we're very close to an advanced dragon form - it's a short boat ride South of here, in some mountains near Mossberg, a semi-active volcano, and some ruins. This is likely to be worth getting.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: December 03, 2023, 09:45:39 am »

Will Willis' blaster mage potential improve/affect his staff spells?

Could Bane Metal be used in a bow? I assume it might be a slightly limited resource for arrows, but perhaps someone with a historical weapons interest could suggest some kind of retrievable arrow contraption.

I'd also like to note we're very close to an advanced dragon form - it's a short boat ride South of here, in some mountains near Mossberg, a semi-active volcano, and some ruins. This is likely to be worth getting.

Yes.  Unlike wands, spells on staffs are dependent on the power of the user.  Willis has plenty of power.

Bane metal in a bow is arrows.  Your supply of them will be like those ice arrows you already have, an effectively unlimited supply of them usable as normal attacks whenever you want.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: December 04, 2023, 07:18:16 am »

How much would it cost to be able to use Rapid Fire with Bane Metal arrows? And what's the highest MP regain we could expect per hit with that?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: December 04, 2023, 07:37:48 am »

Just trading the bane sword for plain Bane Metal arrows is free.

Bane metal arrows designed to work with rapid fire is a few days of practice and one upgrade.

They don't do mana regen normally.  That was a proposed modification for the melee weapon.  If you do that, call it four upgrades and it'll provide 1-3 mana per target hit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: December 04, 2023, 05:12:19 pm »

I say we handle bane metal later and-

Go do this now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 326