Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256797 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4320 on: November 20, 2023, 08:05:55 pm »

Production

Head of the organisation.

Tough call, but I’m guessing they would have the blueprints for a proposed but unimplemented design, and a used one would be kept in the most important persons office if it concerned Valterre.

I’m almost fifty-fifty on this though… production would normally have designs.
I think this would be the other way round- a used design would be in production, a proposal would be with the head guy. But something this important might be at the very top whether it was actually built or not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: November 21, 2023, 01:35:05 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: November 22, 2023, 02:00:29 am »

Production

The production office has a big project map board on it, with their current projects on it.

And it's very utilitarian.  Whoever this person is doesn't show their life outside the job, or doesn't have one.  Project map board, documents, documents, documents..  Locked briefcase full of material samples.  That's good money, if it goes home with you.  Rotary cabinet with historical documents, that's what you're looking for.

Going back to that year, it looks like they were working on mass production.  Their big project was for about sixty suits of [+3] armour, with the buyer listed as 'the city.'  That probably kept them too busy to do Valterre, given there's a fair amount of vareity within the set.  Light, medium, heavy, elemental bonuses, physical bonuses, some bonus skills, different materials.

..Yeah, they were too busy to do Valterre.

Steal the samples?  Check the leader's office next?  Go on to the third target?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 02:25:29 am by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: November 22, 2023, 02:06:44 am »

Third target.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: November 22, 2023, 02:08:30 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: November 23, 2023, 03:35:05 am »

Third Target

The next target is outside the city wall, to the north, and a bit below it, nestling in just on the other side of a small rise.  Protected from the city..  or vice-versa  They're primarily alchemists and do a lot of potions, consumables, and ammunition, but they absolutely do high-end weapons and armour as well.  Seems like a good candidate.

People who enter are all dressed in protective garb.  Something you don't have.  They also seem to have some kind of odd rail system on top of their building.. there are big heavy blocks on top of the building which seem able to move around on tracks.  You're not sure what this is, but there are magic barriers used as rain shields above the slot-riddled roof.

More mugging action to retrieve a disguise?

Some rooftop action?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: November 23, 2023, 03:47:07 am »

Lets try roof stuff!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: November 23, 2023, 04:24:23 am »

Roof! We have web shooters for a reason.

...also enough HP and good enough saves to probably be okay without protective gear.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: November 23, 2023, 10:45:19 am »

Roof and likely danger!

… it just had to be alchemists, didn’t it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: November 24, 2023, 02:13:23 am »

It takes an annoying few minutes to find the right angle to get up unseen, but you haven't conducted this many assassinations if you couldn't deal with that.

Atop the roof, you can make out some activity below.  The boxes turn out to be mobile cranes.  Most of them are idle, but one is in use, lifting up a heavy crucible of some kind.  There are busy people below, but you can wait for activity to cease before you head down.  Lotta time to kill up on the roof, so you'll come back in the evening.  The other three rooms have different plans.. one has magical ritual stuff, one has a lot of big chemical gear, and the last one looks alchemy related, you see a big recycling tank there, the stuff that turns items into blanks.

Which place do you want to enter?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: November 24, 2023, 03:05:00 am »

Let's try the one wiht the magic ritual stuff.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: November 24, 2023, 05:49:43 am »

Let's try the one wiht the magic ritual stuff.
+1

Very much the logical choice

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: November 24, 2023, 10:03:27 pm »

That night you slip past any watchers, scale the wall again, and head towards the ritual area.  You make a careful look down, making sure everything is clear, before webbing your way down.  Unusually, it's lit up, despite the idleness.  This will make things harder.

And harder they get.  As you drop to the ground, you catch movement out of the corner of your eye.  In the center of the building is an elevated viewing platform, which opens out on all four quadrants.  Someone is in there, and moved.  You could have gotten away with it, but your instincts tell you otherwise:  You're rumbled.  The ritual space is wide open, nowhere to hide.. and nothing in your way.  You bolt up the staircase, taking steps two at a time.  The door has a glass window, yes, you smash it and get in.

The witness is pretty dang scared right now, and looks defenseless.

Kill?

Take hostage?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: November 25, 2023, 01:32:35 am »

Hostage!
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 326