Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84558 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #570 on: November 18, 2020, 03:55:26 pm »

"O-oh! Professor Estelle!" Astrea's head darts to the door. Holding her papers close to her chest she stood up and approached the mage. Was she in trouble for something? She can't recall doing anything wrong lately, "Y-yes ma'am, I was just about to head out so your timing is perfect. What do you need?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 18, 2020, 04:11:22 pm »

"Hm... Yes, I've read that some depictions show the Goddess as shorter than one would expect. I suppose it all comes down to interpretation, so long as said interpretation can channel the Goddess's favor" Reeve commented, pushing herself off of the ground and, taking a moment to brush off her cloak, turning to the Professor,

"Though, you'd probably know a lot more in that field than I, Professor."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 18, 2020, 04:23:05 pm »

"Nothing like that, no. Don't worry, you're not in trouble."

Professor Estelle clears her throat.

"Well, you see, we've seen your test results. Your combat scores and theory tests are among the highest in the second year. Professor Greyhame speaks highly of you."
"As it happens, one of the students in Class 3-F has had to transfer to the general course for personal reasons. A shame; she was talented enough to graduate with the others."
"However, Professor Greyhame has been petitioning for a while to have you transferred a year upward, since he feels he has nothing left he can teach you. Seeing as you're also among the oldest in the year, you'd be right at home among the third year students. Having reviewed your performance throughout the year, I agree with his assessment."
"However, I should warn you that we will be expecting you to perform at the standard of a third year student, not a second year. Should you choose to take this opportunity, we will be expecting great things out of you. You will also need to decide quickly, because the headmaster would otherwise like to offer this place to a transfer student."
"So. Are you up for the challenge, Astrea?"

"That's the thing about people, no? Always wanting to find something to believe in. Worshipping someone who's probably not all that interested in worship. Not that I'd know, but the Sculptor seems like the humble type."

Professor Ververs shrugs.

"Well, 'knowing' is an interesting word for it, but yes, I'm familiar with Sculptor studies."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 18, 2020, 06:05:00 pm »

Astrea was shocked by this sudden offer. She nearly lost grip of her papers, "I... Uuhhh... Wow." Finally, all her hard work seems to have paid off. There's no way she'd miss out on this opportunity. Her parents would probably get mad at her for not showing herself off for a longer time, though she never got well acquainted with any of the 2nd years so its not like she really cared either way what her parents wanted in the first place.

"Y-yes, I will accept the offer gladly. I will not let you or Professor Greyhame down, this I swear! I'll make sure I maintain my high standing no matter what new expectations fall upon me." She affirms by straightening her stance before going into a slight bow. Class 3-F huh? I wonder if there'll be any good competition in there to help push her?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 18, 2020, 06:05:56 pm »

"Knowing and being familiar with a topic can mean the same thing, but that's neither here nor there. Were you looking for my assistance with something Professor? Or were you passing through?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 18, 2020, 07:02:10 pm »

"A-ah- um, yeah! Well, I've been kind of trying to get out a bit more often, usually..." Arnett awkwardly stammers in response to Annika. He wasn't the leading expert on plants, but he wanted to at least give it a shot.

He also gave Kruger a tiny greeting. "Ah- H-hey." He still was a bit unsure of how to respond after the pep talk.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:20 pm »

Orrel nodded in agreement with what Dora was saying. Walking forward, he commented,

"You've got really good instincts, Katarina. But you need to be careful when engaging someone with such greater range than you. That move might work better against someone who isn't as good at fighting as Theodora here, but unless you're certain of their skill, you have to be assuming they're better than her."

He trailed off, before looking embarrassed.

"Ah, sorry. You don't need my input. You wouldn't have made it this far if you didn't already know it. I'm just used to lecturing my brother on fighting, sorry about that."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 18, 2020, 08:11:42 pm »

With the training fight over, Mordecai decided to pursue more miscellaneous studies that he normally lacked the time for. Some counseling sessions to help shape his future career as a knight, perhaps, and some time spent in meditation. He'd revisit the alchemy lab as well, since he found the topic so fascinating. After that he'd get in some jogging, and then he'd treat himself to a sauna visit. He hadn't been there since his second year!

Mordecai uses his activity points thusly:
1pt Alchemical Lab: +3 DR for the next battle
1pt Faculty Office for Personal Study
1pt Training Room: boost SPD
2pt Shrine of the Sculptor: boost CON

Free activities: visit Tuck Shop to inquire about Academy Scrip, visit Sauna for relaxation.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:28 pm »

Rika goes to the farmer's market for ingredients, then works in the greenhouses and the stables (1 point each), hits the sauna, and then goes cooking in the dining room (1 point, three out of five spent so far).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:47 pm »

While planning his day after his time at the smithy the previous day, an activity he wakes up early to do, Mus'ad sees himself go to the library and strike up a conversation with Mordecai. Getting the general idea of what he probably wants to do, Mus'ad goes about his day until he finally arrives at the library. Once there, he walks up to the vampire with a practiced, though warm, smile.
"Ah, Mordecai, came to do some study of your own?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:12 am »

"Mm. He was right." It didn't take long for Lin to shed a number of her layers; while she was far more comfortable in them (not to mention how much they helped with thermoregulation) the forge wasn't exactly the coolest place. Adding her Arte to the mix made for a positively sweltering combination, though it made the task of even heating far easier.

At the question, the belgor merely grunted. Her tail, freed from its usual confines of her armor and hoodie, flicked as she considered the skirmish. "Could have done better. I slipped up again."

It wasn't long before another distraction appeared. A sheen of sweat had already formed on her brow when Mus'ad arrived at the forge. "Wyrm. Need something fixed?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2020, 01:09:53 am »

Mus'ad raises his eyebrows in false surprise at the question. For obvious reasons very few things surprised him, at least when they happened. Still, he found the gesture made a more positive impression on people. Similarly, he hadn't been surprised when Lin had taken off some of her layers, it was rather warm in here even though his twin ancestries made the experience somewhat pleasant for him. Still, he couldn't help but look her over for a moment before responding with a shake of his head and a smile.
"Ah, if it's convenient I'd prefer Mus'ad! Less stuffy and formal... Anyway, no I volunteered to help out since I thought I might learn a thing or two about magical weapons for a personal project I'm working on! Besides, I know your friend had to transfer out so I thought you might like the companionship."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2020, 01:29:53 am »

Lin's initial response consisted of a seemingly indifferent grunt. She continued her work for a few moments, with that and a slight droop of her tail being the only indicators she'd heard him at all. "Sure," she finally said. "Just try not to get in the way. Lots of work to do." Somehow, despite her current task revolving around carrying around heavy objects amd striking things repeatedly with a hammer, she looked much more relaxed than her terse words implied.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2020, 01:42:39 am »

Mus'ad nods, moving off to the sidelines to avoid getting in the way as requested. He watches Lin work for a few minutes, fetching any tools or doing any other task requested of him, before speaking.
"So how'd you get interested in smithing? You must like it quite a bit given how often you come here, and given how skilled you are."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2020, 07:20:11 am »

Lin carefully put the finishing touches on the current stage of the weapon she was working on, striking a few hammer blows on a fuller before taking the piece and holding it for a moment with a set of well-used tongs. The increase in heat was palpable as the smith-in-training focused her Arte, a look of intense concentration on her face as the blade brightened. When it reached a satisfactory temperature, she quenched it in a barrel of oil sitting nearby. "Water cuts better, but oil stands up to rough use," she explained without prompting.

Sieglinde took another ingot of metal and began to heat it with a rather more mundane method this time, placing it in the forge to "cook" alongside a few other lumps of metal in different phases of becoming vaguely threatening. "I had a lot of free time as a kid. The coats wanted me to pick up a trade, so I chose the one I couldn't start on fire. Much." She shrugged. "I could still be better."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113