Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84552 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2020, 09:32:17 am »

Idunn takes Orrel's hand. Despite her hand being rather larger than Orrel's, she's...surprisingly gentle.
"It's all in the posture. Can't punch if you don't know how to move when you punch, right?"

"I will administer treatment to Miss Chatgeant. Please hold still. This may sting just a bit."
Olivia wheels herself over to Cattleya, placing her hose before spraying a cool, orange-tinted spray onto Cattelya's wounds. A sharp, tingling sensation emanates from the areas sprayed upon, followed by a cooling one, as if mint had been rubbed over the wounds.

The pain begins to fade away, along with the wounds.

Olivia wheels herself back.
"Treatment complete. I would recommend visiting the infirmary later to see if there are any internal injuries I missed."

Professor Ramsay walks over to Olivia, patting her on the slab. He seems almost proud,
"Olivia is a personal project of mine. A learning Automaton, one with intelligence equal to that of a person. As you know, Hiroshi Toshiba created the Automata. He and I have been collaborating on creating sentient Automata for a while, given my experience in Alphinite work and, of course, he and I are old friends. Olivia here is the result of our efforts, a medical Automaton able to dispense healing Alphinite bursts as and when necessary for first aid purposes. When we send you on the field, she'll be deploying with you to gain more field experience."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 16, 2020, 10:55:22 am »

Orrel nodded.

"Makes sense. Well, you'll have to demonstrate on the sparring floor some day, alright? But first... I owe someone else in your class a match. Ours got interrupted unfortunately, and while I think it would have ended unfortunately for me, I still want to get the full fight."

Looking to into the stands, he caught Theodora's eye. A salute with his fan, and then a grin. He waggled his fingers in a "bring it on" gesture that would hopefully convey his intent across the arena without yelling it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 16, 2020, 11:05:03 am »

He spies Theodora as she seems to be having her wounds patched up by Andreas. A strained look crosses Andreas' face and he falters, prompting her to say something, presumably along the lines of "Don't strain yourself".

She looks back at Orrel and nods curtly, before turning back to Andreas and helping him towards Olivia.

Idunn smiles approvingly.
"Dora, huh? You've got your eyes set high. Her combat class scores are better than yours and she's won....how many tournaments now? You wanna spar with her that bad?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 16, 2020, 11:05:43 am »

"Quite interesting, Professor Ramsay. If Olivia proves to be worth the hopes you are putting into her... it... then the model's mass production could mean a revolution in the area of field medicine and triage situations."

He gives Olivia another glance.

"... Although I prefer the prevention of harm over the need to treat inflicted harm."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2020, 11:24:38 am »

"Your preferences are not necessarily ever going to work out. In any case, Olivia here will remain the only model of her type for a while. The expense in the creation of her intelligence core and the armor plating used to make it difficult to break her means mass production of her would be too expensive, even for the Order. At least, until it's cheaper."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2020, 11:39:38 am »

Arnett stopped dead in his tracks, holding his ground as he heard Kruger's voice— feeling a bit strange as he couldn't really see where he was coming from. Some intimidation crept in with this, not knowing where he was... until Kruger actually said what he wanted to say. Arnett gave a tiny sigh. It was, surprisingly, what he wanted to hear. He turned back, looking at him and whispering even if he wasn't certain if Kruger were listening.

"Th... thanks."

He had another half a mind to keep leaving at least with his head held high, but then his eyes met Delwyn's. With a bit of an embarrassed blush at being caught would he ever get good at sneaking away?, he crept back over to the group to curiously peer at Olivia.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2020, 11:49:48 am »

A shrug was the only response Idunn got to her comments, at least at first. Orrel slowly nodded at Dora before turning back with an almost sheepish grin.

"Ah, well, you know. It was her idea, really. She wanted to challenge me with this fight, sought me out you could say. But Cattleya... Well, you saw it as well as I did. So our fight got interrupted. And while I wouldn't hesitate to bring allies in on a real field of battle, well, it felt cheap here. Like I did her a disservice almost, even if that makes no sense. But I want to give her the fair fight she wanted. Even if it ends with me getting my butt kicked."

He let out a short laugh at that, knowing he likely would. Idunn was right. Dora outperformed him in most areas. But still, he wanted to test himself. This wasn't a chance he could pass up.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 16, 2020, 12:03:05 pm »

"About the only person I've heard who's beat her in a straight fight was Steven. That is, if you can catch her when she's not doing the thousand other things she's doing. Like running training classes for the first years, or sparring with Katarina. Or 'training' with Andreas. Dora's a real jet-setter."
The tone with which Idunn says 'training' with Andreas is the same sort of tone one might say 'make-out session' or 'romantic slow dance'.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:07:13 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #548 on: November 16, 2020, 12:22:26 pm »

With Cattleya not in imminent danger of dropping dead on the spot, two other things began to demand Sieglinde's attention. Olivia was a distant third; the automaton was always a fascination, but Lin had seen her before.
"Professor, is there any forging to be done? Preferably high heat." She could feel the warmth of her Arte beginning to stir restlessly, unhappy with the abrupt interruption several moments ago. It was an unpleasant sensation located somewhere between a limb falling asleep and indigestion.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2020, 12:39:06 pm »

"As it happens, yes. The first years all broke the training weapons when one of them used their Arte by accident during an exercise. We have a large amount of new weapons to be making today. If any of you would like to come by to assist, I'll compensate you for your time."
"I'll drop by when I can, Professor."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2020, 05:18:06 pm »

"I'm fine, it's fine..."
Despite her words, as soon as Rika put a hand on her shoulder, she seemed to lose her balance and stumbled against Rika's legs, clutching inelegantly at her waist to keep herself up.
"'M fine! Just a little- tired."
As she was sprayed with the healing solution, she seemed to shudder.
"Guh. That feels wierd."
"You don't need to worry. I can- I can take a couple of arte uses."
"Nothing I can't handle."
Nonetheless, she kept her grip on Rika.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 16, 2020, 05:25:47 pm »

"C'mere, you."

Feeling Cattleya's unsteadiness, Rika picked her up as a mother might pick up her sleepy three-year-old.

"You did real good in the fight but you can't be doing that all willy-nilly, all right? Now, what do you want to eat? Just let me know and I'll cook it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »

Lin dipped her head in another nod.
"I'll be there." She glanced around at the rest of the group, noting Cattleya and Rika. The expression on her face made it seem as if she were going to speak, but at the last moment, she elected to leave the issue for another time. "Anyone else need me before I go?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2020, 07:35:42 pm »

Cattleya let out a surprised sound as Rika easily picked her up.
"Nyaah?!"
"I could have walked," she protested, awkward and embarrassed at being picked up like a kid.
She was quiet for a second, then muttered.
"... I want fish."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »

"Now that you mention it, I could really go for a meal myself."
Kaya nods.
"'sides, Class 3-C owes us a pot of cash, don't they? Maybe we could put that to a celebratory meal!"
"Yeah, I suppose we do. Even if I'd have liked that to have been a LITTLE less one-sided."
Kaede grumbles and scrounges up the money.
1000 thalers have been added to the class allowance for this Free Time period.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 113