Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84562 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #600 on: November 19, 2020, 08:19:06 pm »

Mus'ad nods as he considers the information Mordecai gave to him. While not entirely useful, he figured he could at least make this a productive conversation.
"Well, I could use my arte to cut this conversation down to the bare minimum of what I want to know, but that'd be rude. Besides, it ruins the point of having a chat if I do that."
Mus'ad chuckles to himself before leaning in with a conspiratorial look.

"Ah, but if you'll indulge me, I'll let you in on a little secret about divination and prophesy."

Mus'ad stares for a moment, not sure how to react, before finally clearing his throat and putting a hand on the diminutive woman's shoulder.

Mus'ad looks at the leg with a nod. After a couple moments of thought he speaks while again leaning back, and this time deciding it a safe course of action.
"Maybe I could help? I'm not really one for mechanics and such, but perhaps my arte could be of assistance in cutting down on failed attempts?"

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 19, 2020, 08:19:19 pm »

"Y-yes, I suppose it would be good to get acquainted with my new class mates. I did want to get a few more things done today, maybe I'll run into a few of them along the way..." She seems more than a little embarrassed with her eagerness, though also reluctant to meet her new classmates. Its more than a little awkward and intimidating to join a whole new group out of the blue like this. "E-either way! Thank you so much Professor Estelle for this opportunity once again!" She once again gives a slight bow to her professor before heading out to the library.

----------------------------
As Astrea was finishing up her time in the library, leaving with two checked-out books in tow hugged tight to her chest, she noticed a familiar face studying at a table by herself. Was that...?

"Fitting I'd find you here Reeve. Never far away from your magic training huh? Not that I expect anything less." She had a checky smile across her face and a playful tone in her voice as she spoke with the mage, "I hope you've been speeding along with you magic studies, if not I may just over take you with my own. Guess who was just pushed ahead a year?"

Astrea will spend 1 activity point at the Library to increase her Res by +1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:26:08 pm by EXLink32 »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 19, 2020, 08:22:19 pm »

"Oh, I... well..." Arnett wasn't really sure of how to respond to Kruger initially, scratching his cheek as he tried to multitask both his work and his thoughts. "I didn't... really think about it, actually. I mean, we're still classmates, right? Plus I haven't exactly been reaching my full potential, yet you were still willing to lift me up last time... It made me want to try a little harder, and I appreciate that enough... Is that an okay reason, maybe?" He tilted his head, managing to give Kruger a brief look.

Arnett hadn't talked with Annika much before, but she was quickly warming up to him. Perhaps it was because he liked people encouraging him to do more.

"It does, doesn't it? It's funny... I always kinda considered myself better at painting environments rather than people. Yet I never really actually appreciated an actual environment from afar... and I wonder why I have so much difficulty," Arnett says with an awkward laugh. At the same time, he felt a bit silly for not doing all of the things artists really should be doing: people-watching, scenery admiring.

Working in the greenhouse was fun, but a bit exhausting. He planned the rest of his day out— a little bit of library reading to study up on his combat prowess, some experimentation in the laboratory and then before long as he became too aware of the peach and rice in his pockets, decided to go to the dining hall to meet Kruger and Rika.

"Mind if I join you both...?"

Arnett will go to the Library to train SKL (1 AP), the Alchemic Laboratory to gain +15 Evasion (1 AP), and join the Dining Hall team (1 AP).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 19, 2020, 08:32:08 pm »

"Of course not, hun! Here!"

Rika stepped aside to make room for Arnett at one of the counters, pleased that he was coming out of his shell.

"I got me an idea. Kruger, why don't we teach Arnett how to fix some traditional Rheinberg cuisine?"

It was a good way to talk to both of her cooking companions and make a good meal like she promised Cattleya.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:34:41 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 19, 2020, 08:45:44 pm »

Mordecai did his best to control his skepticism. Even if he thought that prophecy was fairly bunk, it was hard to deny that the dracis sitting beside him had something unusual going on.

: "I'd be happy to hear it."

: "Shame on those kids." Mordecai shook his head in annoyance. Thieves had a way of ruining things for everyone else. "I assume they were banned from the grounds, right? If they're willing to steal a shield, they could try to go after something else."

At the training field, Mordecai was just finishing his warm-up stretches when he spotted something - or someone - most unusual.

: "Reeve? This is a surprise. I can't remember the last time I saw you down here when it wasn't for class."

: "I was just about to go for a jog. Would you like to join me?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #605 on: November 19, 2020, 09:51:54 pm »

"Could be. I've got a few sketches in my room that are going to be a lot of work to put together. Would be nice to get the duds out of the way." She stood up, pulling the axe blade from before with those worn out tongs without more than a passing glance. She spoke between hammer strikes, her words coming out as if this were a perfectly normal rhythm. "I don't know. Can you judge how a foot works?  Don't know how your arte would work for it. Don't know that it won't, either. Worth a shot."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 20, 2020, 10:56:10 am »

[Greenhouse]

"It probably is. I guess I was just thinking about it too much. Sorry for that, Arnett."

He returns to his work.

[Kitchen]

"That sounds delightful, Rika. Anything specific you have in mind?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 20, 2020, 11:35:13 am »

"Well, I bought this fish at the market 'cause Cattleya wanted some good seafood and she deserves it after putting herself through so much just to win us the match, so we ought to base everything around that."

She elbowed Kruger with a grin.

"Maybe you fix up something high-class and fancy for dessert and I'll fix us some good appetizers. I reckon we got enough fish meat here we can both get a main course out of it."

She looked at Arnett.

"What would you like to work on? If you can't think of anything, I'm sure we'd both appreciate an extra pair of hands now and then."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:48:02 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 20, 2020, 01:58:02 pm »

"Just some local pranksters daring each other to go in and take things. Irritating, but no real reason to take any action except to tell them not to do that. So, is there anything I can do you for?"

Alicia continues babbling for a few seconds until she finally clocks that someone is stopping her pacing.
"Oh! I'msosorryIdidn'tnoticeyouthere. I'mjustverynervousrightnowisall. Canyoutell? I'mspeakingfasterthannormal!"

"Hm. Maybe I could help a little. I'm not sure how much it'd be relevant, but I've got some experience tuning foot pedals for drums. I'm not sure it'd help at all, really, but my ma always taught me to help out."

"A match?"
The corners of Theodora's mouth curl in a faint smile.
"Well, I'm free now. I promised Andreas I'd spar with him in an hour, so we have until then. Shall we?"

"Seems like rather high expectations to put upon someone, even if they are a goddess."

"You know, I like art too! I mean, I, uh, I make statues from clay and, I usually try to take inspiration from animals or models. Steven's always really nice and helps me out with modelling."

Rika
Quote from: Rika
Rika buys 1 Tianxian Mudfish for 500 thalers!

Rika brews a concoction at the labs!
Rika gains +15 Hit for the next battle!

Rika studies at the Library!
Rika gains 1 point of Skill!

Reeve
Quote from: Reeve
Reeve studies at the Library!
Reeve gains 1 point of Resistance!

Reeve trains at the Training Rooms!
Reeve gains 1 point of Speed!

Astrea
Quote from: Astrea
Astrea studies at the Library!
Astrea gains 1 point of Resistance!

Arnett
Quote from: Arnett
Arnett studies at the Library!
Arnett gains 1 point of Skill!
No more students may use the Library.

Arnett brews a concoction at the Alchemic Laboratory!
Arnett gains +15 Eva for the next battle!

Arnett helps at the Dining hall!
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:59:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 20, 2020, 03:04:48 pm »

For her part, Reeve was... Fairly focused on her studies, to the point that she never noticed Astrea's approach. Of course, once Astrea did speak, the young mage jumped in her chair and whiping her head to the side, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw who was speaking to her,

"Oh, you have? Congratulations are in order then Astrea. Jumping ahead one year is no easy feat, and it certainly is pleasant to see you once again matching my progress. I was worried that you wouldn't find much competition in the younger years... Although I'm afraid you'll find it hard to surpass me in the field of magic" Reeve replied, quickly returning her old demeanour as she leaned back in her chair, folding one leg over the other as she spoke,

"So, which class are you joining? I heard that Bathory transferred to a different field, so there's an opening in ours that could use another talented individual."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, greeting Hoth. It would be my pleasure to accompany you for a short jog... I've come to the realization that I need to harden my stamina for the future. After all, it wouldn't do if I were to lose consciousness during a battle, simply from running out of energy" Reeve answered, still in the process of doing her own warmup stretches. She wasn't planning on doing so for long, ten minutes of jogging should be enough to count for exercise, but as she kept her body in shape she would be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to the Professor's comment, Reeve merely shrugged, "Perhaps, but expectations do often come from something to possibly validate it. The level of those expectations just varies from person to person."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 20, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »

Cattleya
As Cattleya walks into the sauna, she sees Idunn, her massive frame wrapped in a towel, sitting down and enjoying the steamy air.
"So, looking to relax? You must, after all that work you put in that fight we had."

"Oh, hey. Yeah, my muscles are aching fierce after that. My arte isn't, well, gentle."
She sank down onto the bench with a sigh of relief, drowned inside one of the towels.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 20, 2020, 07:26:57 pm »

The Pegasus Knight could help but let out a slight giggle as Reeve got startled. "The 2nd years aren’t all bad, there were some notable students among us. I’m just glad I was chosen over the others. Also, I may not be able to use magic traditionally, but that doesn’t mean I can’t find ways around it!"

"Bathory, was that your old classmate’s name? I was told I was taking the place of student who recently transferred out. You wouldn’t happen to be in Class 3-F would you?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 21, 2020, 12:47:12 pm »

"Something high-class and fancy... Quite the tall order you're giving me, Rika."
"You are blessed with luck that I know just the right thing... and I would appreciate the extra hands for it, because it will involve making cinnamon roll dough."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 21, 2020, 03:19:55 pm »

Mus'ad smiles as he whispers to Mordecai.
"If a diviner is talking in absolutes about the future, they're lying or they're manipulating you."
Mus'ad chuckles to himself as he leans back, apparently finding the statement quite amusing.

Mus'ad, not being as used to the environment, waits for Lin to stop hammering. After surmising that he wouldn't be interrupted he shrugs.
"Well, it'll likely take a couple minutes to possibly an hour or more, depends on when you test it, but I can look ahead to when you test it and see what worked and what didn't. Then I'd just let you know and you could plan accordingly. If you want I could even come by your room later to do it."
Mus'ad shrugs in a manner that says "Doesn't matter much to me", though it's at odds with how his eyes look at her expectantly.

Mus'ad chuckles, though it's mostly to hide the fact that he already accustomed himself to mentally replaying what Alicia had said at least three times to make sure he hadn't missed anything.
"Yes, I noticed that you looked troubled. And I couldn't help but wonder why that is. Can't find a book to study for a test perhaps?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 21, 2020, 04:00:24 pm »

"Well then, no time like the present. I suppose I'll be a good warm up for you."

Time to D-d-d-duel
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 113