Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~5 players]  (Read 15006 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~4 players]
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2020, 10:44:08 pm »

[Trivial Difficulty d4, 2]
[Minor Bug, Intractable]
As a result of their ancient transformation, certain… chemical sensitivities remain within the people of Alikai. Stories tell of days when silver would burn the flesh, but those days are long gone, replaced now by allergic reactions to certain compounds and catalysts. Under normal circumstances this isn’t an issue, but for those who deal in the advanced chemical arts, this weakness can be infuriating and debilitating. (When rolling bugs for projects involving juxtematics, a 1 no longer causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break)
As a quick check, I'm pretty sure you meant 'a 1 now causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break' instead of 'a 1 no longer causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break', right?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2020, 10:55:15 pm »

[Trivial Difficulty d4, 2]
[Minor Bug, Intractable]
As a result of their ancient transformation, certain… chemical sensitivities remain within the people of Alikai. Stories tell of days when silver would burn the flesh, but those days are long gone, replaced now by allergic reactions to certain compounds and catalysts. Under normal circumstances this isn’t an issue, but for those who deal in the advanced chemical arts, this weakness can be infuriating and debilitating. (When rolling bugs for projects involving juxtematics, a 1 no longer causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break)
As a quick check, I'm pretty sure you meant 'a 1 now causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break' instead of 'a 1 no longer causes you to re-roll instead of getting a lucky break', right?

Wow. Yeah. Pretty sure I wrote something, reconsidering my wording, and wrote that. Worst clarity revision ever.
 I'll fix that up in a jiff.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2020, 12:22:14 am »

I kinda want to make underground spinny pole things with long ropes attached to them as Dull Miad or, if they can speed up fast enough, Quicksilver Miad generators, but we probably have other things we want to do first?

I think we're all waiting for the battle report right now though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:30:38 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2020, 06:58:36 am »

I kinda want to make underground spinny pole things with long ropes attached to them as Dull Miad or, if they can speed up fast enough, Quicksilver Miad generators, but we probably have other things we want to do first?

I think we're all waiting for the battle report right now though.

Understandable. You're going to be a bit short of those against the enemy for a while, but you'll at least have some idea at the end of this turn.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 05:29:59 pm »

Well, if we aren't going to get a battle report for this turn like it seems we are not, which I feel could have been better communicated, we probably should either put more ideas up or put a votebox up.

Anti-Lichen Stuff - Anti Flaw Revision
In an attempt to get rid of the lichen that keeps clogging the waterworks, work has gone into finding some way to treat the stone of the Aqueducts such that the Lichen no longer grows on it, or at least can not so easily grow on it, preventing the poison blooms from happening.

Desert Clansfolk Mk3: (1) Happerry
Scaleriders: (1) Happerry
Anti-Lichen Stuff - Anti Flaw Revision: (1) Happerry
Lunacy: Suction Sponge: (1) TricMagic
Passage of Childhood: (1) TricMagic
Passage of Adulthood: (1) TricMagic
Forenia Forever!

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 05:40:43 pm »

Well, if we aren't going to get a battle report for this turn like it seems we are not, which I feel could have been better communicated, we probably should either put more ideas up or put a votebox up.

I had thought I communicated that with my initial post and with my last post. I apologize for the miscommunication.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 06:12:01 pm »

What is this stuff? And how would we make and apply it?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 09:05:21 pm »

Lunacy Lichens - Flaw Revision

By taking samples of the poison lichen and transforming it, we can enhance the capacity to react with it's surroundings to purify the water of all organic contaminants. The transformed lichen uses any energy gained to grow in spread as opposed to producing poison. It's notably different in color from the poisonous lichen - likely due to lack of poisonous byproducts.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2020, 07:53:51 am »

I'll point out the obvious flaw that that stuff already grows extremely quickly and clogs things.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2020, 08:22:32 pm »

Okay, only one person voting here at the moment. Anything I can do to help move things along?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:58 am »

It is in fact two. Be nice if PM could join if only to vote for now.

The Rites are something I want to implement to make changes even easier in the future(along with a general power upgrade), and to allow for easier taming designs.(the snakes eating pests is mostly fluff-ish. Mostly.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:19:28 am by TricMagic »

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2020, 11:29:55 am »

It is in fact two. Be nice if PM could join if only to vote for now.

The Rites are something I want to implement to make changes even easier in the future(along with a general power upgrade), and to allow for easier taming designs.(the snakes eating pests is mostly fluff-ish. Mostly.)

Wow, you're absolutely correct and I'm an awful person. Sorry Happerry.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2020, 07:58:55 pm »

Since the poison lichen grows from spores deep in the wells, we can prevent growths by simply filtering the spores out. By taking a sample of the poison lichen and transforming it, we can enhance the capacity to react with it's surroundings to purify the water of all organic contaminants. This is expected to improve the overall health of our kingdom's people. The transformed lichen uses any energy gained to grow in spread as opposed to producing poison. It's notably different in color from the poisonous lichen - likely due to lack of poisonous byproducts. While this would normally cause issues with clogging the aqueduct tunnels, this issue is avoided by only using the purification lichen in the water drawing stage - the water from the buckets is poured through a wide tube packed with this new lichen, with a simple cloth spread over the top to catch the well spores for easy removal.

Scaleriders: (1) Happery
Lunacy: Suction Sponge: (1) TricMagic
Passage of Childhood: (2) TricMagic, Doomblade
Passage of Adulthood: (1) TricMagic
Lunacy Lichens: (1) Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2020, 08:08:59 am »

Since the poison lichen grows from spores deep in the wells, we can prevent growths by simply filtering the spores out. By taking a sample of the poison lichen and transforming it, we can enhance the capacity to react with it's surroundings to purify the water of all organic contaminants. This is expected to improve the overall health of our kingdom's people. The transformed lichen uses any energy gained to grow in spread as opposed to producing poison. It's notably different in color from the poisonous lichen - likely due to lack of poisonous byproducts. While this would normally cause issues with clogging the aqueduct tunnels, this issue is avoided by only using the purification lichen in the water drawing stage - the water from the buckets is poured through a wide tube packed with this new lichen, with a simple cloth spread over the top to catch the well spores for easy removal.

Lunacy: Suction Sponge: ()
Passage of Adulthood: ()
Lunacy Lichens: (2) Doomblade, TricMagic

Doomblade, want the other to fix the first bug of the aquaducts too?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2020, 10:04:07 am »

I actually want to have an improved infantry deployment this turn, personally.

Desert Clansfolk Mk3: (2) Happerry, Doomblade
Lunacy: Suction Sponge: ()
Passage of Adulthood: ()
Lunacy Lichens: (2) Doomblade, TricMagic

Edit: Fixed Votebox. Tric, please cull the quote boxes around it when you vote.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:00:33 pm by Doomblade187 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18