Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~5 players]  (Read 14995 times)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
Re: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~4 players]
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2020, 06:02:23 pm »

Edited in the special vote.

Success so clearly in view, or is it just a trick of the moonlight?

While the botes seem pretty well stacked for People of the Luna, is that the current (V2) research version? Or something else?
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2020, 06:13:46 pm »

...Oh wait, this isn't one of the games where we get more then one design an action in the run up after all, is it? I still like the people of Luna, but we probably really should do an infantry design first...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2020, 06:18:21 pm »

We have 3 actions. We can do 3 designs, 3 researches, 3 revisions, or any combination of them.

Researching Bonding this turn means we can create a land, sea, and sky movement option next turn, which will allow us to expand with ease. Without those three, it will be slowly, and we have nearly no chance of expanding on the sea immediately. The first area is the type where sea creatures pulling a boat is valid for dealing with the twisty currents..

Also, those guys are adapted to the desert, when that is only a last resort advantage. Compared to my own which means we won't need as much food, a universal advantage no matter ho one slices it, or them since they seem to be well marbled.

The Frostspire
-Unnatural Cold permeates this region, emanating from the mountain and covering the area in permafrost. Terrain flattish, broken by sudden sheer faced eruptions of ice and stone.
-Mundane beasts become extraordinarily difficult to handle here, and there is no native animal life beyond swarms of endothermic ice-worms.

Say hello to issue one with the snakes. No way they are making it anywhere in that zone.

The Devil’s Scab
-Mountains of Hexagonal Basalt Pillars with ridgelike shale extrusions, the Devil’s scab terrain is all but impassible, deceptively fragile, and sharp at all times.
-Home to hundreds of small oases of rain lakes and thousands of species of bird.

Say hello to another issue with them~ Maybe with bonding we can grab some birds to ride.

The Mossteeth
-Shallow, warm-water sea. Prone to vicious currents and sudden storms, the tempestuous weather is very difficult for large craft.
-Frequent abutments of vegetation covered rock both give the region its name and rip apart the hulls of careless vessels.

Shifting Isles
-Floating Islands that seem grouped roughly in the middle of the sea, capable of moving, but also somewhat repulsed by one another so that no large landmass forms.
-Exceedingly difficult to navigate and home to a bewildering variety of climates.

Stillreach
-A deep and vast section of sargasso sea which is known for its incredibly poor winds and burning sun. Very easy to get stranded.
-The depth and stillness of these waters make it home to many vast beasts.

It's water. Maybe for a water snake, but the design doesn't actually work here.

Zehlin
- A Kingdom brought forth from a cold-water swamp, Zehlin’s topography is a mixture of islands of stable ground and limestone surrounded by chill and sodden swampland rich with glowing flora and fauna.

.... Yeah. Snakes are a no go here too, cold-blooded.

They are very good in the desert. That's all. We might be able to make something with Lunacy for the blasted craters, but such a weak control method is likely to fail there at times. Something suited for the desert cannot handle violently different biomes. Walls at every turn.

I want to hear Doom's grand plan for dealing with these obstacles through Lunacy. Or what the end goals are.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2020, 07:21:12 pm »

...Oh wait, this isn't one of the games where we get more then one design an action in the run up after all, is it? I still like the people of Luna, but we probably really should do an infantry design first...

Nah, you get 3 like Tric said. My question on that was more because that's a clear front-runner, and if I was going to do some pre-writing, I'd want to be sure of which you wanted.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2020, 07:33:46 pm »

Quote from: Botes in the Desert
Bonding: (1) TricMagic
Aquaducts: (2) TricMagic, m1895
The Tawila: ()
Desert Clansfolk Revised: (2) TricMagic, Happerry
Desert Clansfolk Mk3: (2) Happerry, Doomblade
Scaleriders: (0)
DESIGN: People of the Luna: (3) Doomblade, m1895, Happerry
Anirite Akibara: (2) Doomblade, m1895

Special Vote
Lunacy: (3) Doomblade, m1895, Happerry
Awakening: (1) TricMagic
[/quote]

Converted the People fo Luna to a Design Action - writeup unchanged other than classification.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:05:24 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:13 pm »

I'm still asking what is the grand design, what ideas do you have for lunacy doomblade.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2020, 07:38:49 pm »

Converted the People fo Luna to a Design Action - writeup unchanged other than classification.

Just to be clear, the idea here is to just have your people be more susceptible to transformations by Sacred Lunacy, right?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2020, 07:42:16 pm »

Just to be clear, the idea here is to just have your people be more susceptible to transformations by Sacred Lunacy, right?
Yep! Also to be weird looking desert dwellers, but that's fluffy.

Also, Tric, I have two words for you - war beasts.

Edit: also mutating our people into like 4-armed nagas and stuff. Literal spider-knights anyone?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2020, 07:45:07 pm »

Just watching
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2020, 07:57:30 pm »

Yep! Also to be weird looking desert dwellers, but that's fluffy.

Understood. T0 catgirls. And Fennec Foxgirls. And snekgirls. And also spadefoot toadgirls.

Now, you have one design with 3 votes and 3 designs with 2.  Zehlin, despite their lower post count, is mostly at consensus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2020, 08:08:19 pm »

I really reaaly hope you have an idea what you're doing. Cause it doesn't seem like you understand the terrain we have to deal with? Giant war beasts can't be used in the Crags, neither of those do anything for the sea, then there is the cold and the viscous predators, before finally having to deal with cold wet swamp-marshland and flora.

There also becomes the issue of controlling them. As for mutation, form armed nagas? That is likely one of the worse combinations you could transfer them into. Snakes do not handle cold well at all. And Lunacy has a window that must be adhered to. It isn't fit for wide sweeping changes across our forces.

Note the below are not designs I want you guys voting on this turn, I want to do Bonding and Awakening.

Element of Wind

Tapping into the air and a nearby living being, one can drain the solidness from that being, and imbue the wind with that solidness and life, before draining the result to a person. The result is a type of supernatural flight, able to jump far distances and create solid platforms of wind with which to travel far distances very very quickly. Note that due to the patterns being different, it only last a matter of hours, but the requirements aren't hard to source. Trees or animals, both will do.

Sky Stymphalian

A creature sourced from the crags, given the knowledge, made the pact, and had numerous birds sacrificed to it through Awakening to become a bird with large wingspan, great flight, regrowth of feathers, and just generally being a superior life form of bird. It can shoot razor sharp feathers strong as iron, crush boulders and creatures caught in it's claws, if they don';t shred them first, and yet out a piercing cry which can immobilize prey with fear. The culmination of the bird of prey, it allows us to ride it into battle for giving it these gifts and maintaining them, and serves a perfect way to travel long distances.

Grand Wrym

An Ice Worm that was captured and slowly bent to our will, these Grand Wryms have the ability to absorb the ability of other ice worms, growing strong and stronger. Subserviant to us, they make perfect creatures with which to terrorize our enemies with their awesome might, and have the ability to freeze everything around them, or focus it into a breath blast which shatters that which it passes

Sea Boat

One creature is the long-neck, a Mammalian creature that can hold it's breath for a long time, and loves fish. Though the use of Awakening to boost their unerstanding, these creatures have been negotiated with. We will protect them from predetors, and they can carry our boats across the seas. And it can taste new more delicious fish.

Rather obviously we are kinda tricking it, simple cause it can understand doesn't automatically make it smart. But the contract will stay even after the Awakening fades since it is somewhat smart. So they can be tamed and pull our boats across the sea.

Do you really just want animal girls?

We better get night vision and enhanced senses with this, ya hear? And pick one infantry or the other. I'm holding to the Aquaducts like a desert-dweller to water.
Quote from: Votebox, all hail the cold which destroys all snek.
Bonding: (1) TricMagic
Aquaducts: (2) TricMagic, m1895
The Tawila: ()
Desert Clansfolk Revised: (1)  Happerry
Desert Clansfolk Mk3: (2) Happerry, Doomblade,
Scaleriders: (0)
DESIGN: People of the Luna: (3) Doomblade, m1895, Happerry
Anirite Akibara: (2) Doomblade, m1895,

Special Vote
Lunacy: (3) Doomblade, m1895, Happerry
Awakening: (1) TricMagic
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:14:20 pm by TricMagic »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »

Who said anything about Girls specifically? :D (Kudos to the GM for the toad people, btw!)

Anyways, I agree that we'll have to recruit some new beast friends as we approach other areas, but given that beeg sneks weren't that hard, I have faith in our ability to do so.

Nice job on the loch ness monster, though. I appreciate that. Also, Tric, we can do a lot of these designs through Lunacy. Especially the physical and mental changes.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:18:40 pm by Doomblade187 »

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2020, 08:18:36 pm »

Do you really just want animal girls?

We better get night vision and enhanced senses with this, ya hear? And pick one infantry or the other. I'm holding to the Aquaducts like a desert-dweller to water.

Sorry, you're right. You'll have Foxbois too, and probably learn what they say in the process.

Also, not specified in the design. The design is what the design is, I'm not going to throw in anything extra. I might specify something that is a natural consequence of what's specified, but I'm much more likely to do that for deleterious issues.

Just a GM clarification, not advice, those two kinds of infantry don't conflict. One appears to be your national infantry, the other appears to be a form of regularly used military irregular.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2020, 08:19:17 pm »

Which is which?

And no, Lunacy is very very very hard. Like, super ultra plus reset hard. You know why? Cause it only works at certain times, which make actually changing them require capture.

An the Awakening Designs are likely to be hard too, since the birb is just stacking birbs together with one as a base, creating a magical uber-birb. Lunacy doesn't do that, you don't get innate magic metaphysical weight to lift all that weight. You get something with wings too big to fly, let alone carry someone. The Ice Wrym is kinda the same thing, it's many stacked into one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:23:30 pm by TricMagic »

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2020, 08:30:59 pm »

Which is which?

And no, Lunacy is very very very hard. Like, super ultra plus reset hard. You know why? Cause it only works at certain times, which make actually changing them require capture.

An the Awakening Designs are likely to be hard too, since the birb is just stacking birbs together with one as a base, creating a magical uber-birb. Lunacy doesn't do that, you don't get innate magic metaphysical weight to lift all that weight. You get something with wings too big to fly, let alone carry someone.

Desert Clansfolk I read as mercs.
Akibara I read as being locally sourced.

Note: Stack awakening something doesn't change its physical characteristics. Giving one man (or birb) the strength of a thousand men (or birbs) doesn't alter his appearance. If you give a man the strength of ten-thousand birbs, it won't give him wings. That requires red bull. You can awaken a lump of clay, but unless you give it a form, it ain't gonna do shit. Awakening gives strength to form, it does not give form to strength- that's the business of Lunacy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18