Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.  (Read 50623 times)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am developping a Sandbox, citybuilder game with physics
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2020, 12:43:37 am »

How about a youtube video? You can make it unlisted so only people from here see it.

Otherwise, beautiful art!
Thanks, I have 3 old video footages of the game on youtube, I currently ran out of time to make more videos though.

Here is a new Update ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/war-industry-a-sandbox-city-builder-with-physics/posts/2925694 )
I am doing the transcription here for your convenience (but there is a video on the link if you want to see it)

It has been a while since my latest update so I decided to give some news on my latest work. there are a lot to talk about but today I will focus on the progress I have made on some visual enhancements.

There are 35 surfaces types so far representing the real type of generated planet, with dozens of water coverage layers , 5 cloud coverage layers, ice coverage, city light layers, procedural generation of planetary rings and atmospheric halo and color depending on pressure and atmospheric composition.

So every planets you will see will be different and will represent accuratly  what they actually are, nice uh ?

Also the surfaces of the planets are generated as well and are visitable (as seen on previous updates)

An irregular galaxy of about 1000 stellar systems

Zooming in a dense star formation (we can see some orbits)

An habitable planet very close to a red dwarf and a roaming spaceship.

A ringed habitable planet

A barren planet with a small satellite

A martian like planet with a dim atmosphere

Cliking on a planet (Target, communication, Informations)

A WIP of the planet details interface

11 Shapes to choose from (fully customisable with your own picture)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2020, 10:15:19 am »

Looking nifty!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2020, 02:47:01 pm »

(Good work. As well as making a small joke.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2020, 03:22:49 pm »

Oh you know exactly where this is going. My first game will be in Galactic Dong, the dong shaped galaxy with my home system right at the tip

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2020, 03:43:50 pm »

This turned into a game I wasn't personally gonna risk kickstarting

To wow this is actually turning into something that is looking really good, if have the funds will hopefully be able to help your project through. Even if end up not able to put money in, hopefully see success with this.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2020, 06:28:16 pm »

gah ! I almost forgot^^

This isn't the best picture to use for the generation as the star on the foreground will turn into very dense cluster during generation)

I am not sure If I understood you correctly, do you mean you werent really seduced by the project until now ?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2020, 07:03:54 pm »

gah ! I almost forgot^^

This isn't the best picture to use for the generation as the star on the foreground will turn into very dense cluster during generation)

I am not sure If I understood you correctly, do you mean you werent really seduced by the project until now ?

Yeah, I mean the project was really interesting premise to me and I always liked it was a hybrid space/city builder kinda thing. Which is what I've personally been looking for in a city builder for a decade now. But its looking like its coming along really good, and better than thought it would be tbh. Its nice to see even if first campaign didn't succeed, that you've still been working on the game.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2020, 07:31:20 pm »

Yeah, I mean the project was really interesting premise to me and I always liked it was a hybrid space/city builder kinda thing. Which is what I've personally been looking for in a city builder for a decade now. But its looking like its coming along really good, and better than thought it would be tbh. Its nice to see even if first campaign didn't succeed, that you've still been working on the game.

Thank you , that is very encouraging. Really, the first campaign was really motivating and as I said earlier I even expected much less support. I will not abandon the project even if I fail the next campaign on 7th of september, but this one will be no joke and I intend to succeed.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2020, 10:23:17 pm »

New update ! here is a transcription from the post I made on my kickstarter page.

VIDEO HERE : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/war-industry-a-sandbox-city-builder-with-physics/posts/2927885

You will be able to explore the surface with an exploration vessel, that is dropped by the spaceship from orbit. Equiped with a drilling laser and a offensive laser, you can prepare the ground and gather ressources (the drill acts as an extractor, yielding ore to the vessel inventory) .

I have already developped inventory managment and I will extend the crafting system from the city builder with a specific way of crafting stuff from onboard object synthesizer. This device will use a very large amount of energy (coal, uranium, antimatter etc...) To turn raw material into finished product.

So with a single exploration vessel, you will be able to create a colony from scratch, while exploring the environment. It is still a WIP and most of the effort was put into the custom collision detection system I had to write from scratch.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2020, 06:41:29 am »

love that you can go from being haunted by aliens to be the one lasering other civilizations to death

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2020, 06:57:07 pm »

Are you planning on releasing a demo at some point?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2020, 09:21:48 am »

I have made my own internal demo that is a standard build to easily show off progressions, but my game is not at all suitable for a public demo.
I have answered this question a few times, but here are the reasons why :

There is a difference between a content driven game that uses an available and complete framework (like most plateformers, rts, FPS etc...) and a game that is built on as a completely new one.

The first one you can have a functionnal game within a day and most of the work will be on adding more features on top of it. You can make a playable demo almost on day one If you smartly gather some assets. The originality of such project is on unique features that deviate a bit from the genre and tons of content or an original story. This needs a a very polyvalent team.

The second needs a huge amount of work making the engine of the beast, then once it reaches the level of a viable game framework it is possible to add content and make the game playable. It is basically 90% of coding. It is good only when it is something that doesn't simply reinvent the wheel.

I am on this second case, It means I will release a private alpha probably at the end of 2020 or early 2021. After the alpha, it is likely that it'll be the most impressive phase of development for the public as adding content is much much more visible.

TL/DR : No. It'll be an alpha release.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:37:23 am by geoffroypir »

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2020, 09:39:42 am »

love that you can go from being haunted by aliens to be the one lasering other civilizations to death

Lasering primitive civilisations from above is an underrated endeavour and shall not be an alien privilege. Ack ack!

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2020, 05:39:53 pm »

I fear this is a bit spammy to post 3 times in a row but here is an update :

I have expanded the autopilot and written an Ai Behaviour for spaceships. I spawned dozens of spaceships at the main world and they are now visiting and landing on planets. Ships will turn on Hyperspace to reach interstellar destination, or keep standard speed if close to a gravity well like a sun.

I really needed to make this feature early as I needed some moving targets to play with the new weapon system and show some combat related stuffs.

VIDEO HERE : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/war-industry-a-sandbox-city-builder-with-physics/posts/2931127

I have also added "strategic icones" (when zooming out) for telluric planet and gas planet. It is possible to recognize its type with the color (grey for barren, brown for venusian, light blue for ice planet etc...)

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2020, 01:28:06 am »

What are your plans for those ai ships? Are they just randomly exploring, or are they trading and helping out civilizations and stuff? And do planets communicate with each other? (most probably won't, given the lore, but who knows)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22