Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427482 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3870 on: February 18, 2024, 05:30:34 am »

Also Kesp's earlier entry mentioned me in Bismuth Bronze so I thought he was posting about an old visit, but no for some reason I lost all my blistered metal gear and I was given random Walled Dye engraved armor.

It might have something to do with your were-curse. Thikut and Wo were present during a full moon and slayed a few werecats, so presumably Lord Maloy changed too? Have you checked that the armour isn’t in the main keep?

EDIT: Y'all really did some shenanigans in Makbor lol

Not guilty! I blame Eric and his wolf men.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 18, 2024, 03:07:53 pm »

@QD I actually like both a lot!
Necromancers return seems most difficult to execute since most adventurers are undead or necromancers thus mindless undead won't attack us. So, if had to pick probably the circus comes to town?
I wonder if necromancers could be incorporated into that though? A world ending scenario leaves plenty of corpses for the insane who don't care if anyone else is alive in the world but them!

Dfhack related thoughts on plans:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: February 18, 2024, 04:08:07 pm »

All this talk about engame shenanigans remind me of museum I, where somehow through the game mechanics all the past adventurers ended up squating the same house, and they started fighting as soon as anyone got near. At some point it did turn into a massive fight were all of them ended up tearing eachother to bits. It was not really an end-fight, more something that happened half-way the museum game, but epic nonetheless. It could be fun to see all the current characters have a go at eachother, controlled by AI. 

As for this suggestion, and the previous ones. I'm not qualified enough with DFhack to get any of those organised, but I have my popcorn ready in case someone does.   

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:09:55 pm by Bralbaard »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 19, 2024, 08:46:57 am »

Also Kesp's earlier entry mentioned me in Bismuth Bronze so I thought he was posting about an old visit, but no for some reason I lost all my blistered metal gear and I was given random Walled Dye engraved armor.

It might have something to do with your were-curse. Thikut and Wo were present during a full moon and slayed a few werecats, so presumably Lord Maloy changed too? Have you checked that the armour isn’t in the main keep?

No dice. Found my old armor I wore for most of my adventures though as well as the sword I looted from Bral.
I'm about to make a ton of blistered metal gear anyway

Points of interest in Makbor:
Dead werebeasts
vampires!
Mountain Gnomes have rebelled and joined the High Confederacies(who still occasionally attack me)
Gremlin bandits roam the countryside
A certain terrifying honey-obsessed bear wiped one of my villages off the map

All this talk about engame shenanigans remind me of museum I, where somehow through the game mechanics all the past adventurers ended up squating the same house, and they started fighting as soon as anyone got near. At some point it did turn into a massive fight were all of them ended up tearing eachother to bits. It was not really an end-fight, more something that happened half-way the museum game, but epic nonetheless. It could be fun to see all the current characters have a go at eachother, controlled by AI. 

As for this suggestion, and the previous ones. I'm not qualified enough with DFhack to get any of those organised, but I have my popcorn ready in case someone does.   

Hopefully we can end in a very epic way! I'd be sad if this world that has seen so much playtime went out quietly through mere disuse!

As far as contributions go.

I'm fairly decent at dfhack spawning and equipping
My fortress designs are incredibly plain and boring though. Unless we wanna use an already pre-existing site(such as dark fortress or a player fort) then someone else should definitely handle design
QD got the story ideas brewing and I love it!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 05, 2024, 02:42:50 pm »

Yay, the forums have been ressurected!

Wonder what Maloy has been up to....

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 05, 2024, 05:49:51 pm »

We are back online!
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 05, 2024, 06:23:01 pm »

fuck yes the forums are back, how is everyone?
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 06, 2024, 04:28:35 am »

Happy to be back!

I've send Maloy a PM that the forums are online.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: March 06, 2024, 06:19:06 am »

This has been me without the ability to check the bay12 forums three times a day:

Here is the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lU8nq7_ULL-VVj1w9XTTKpvo7Pd94n31/view?usp=sharing

I mostly spent the turn preparing for our game ending scenario! I made an army of warriors of udir in blistered armor chilling in Razorbridge. I also worked on population in Incenseorder to see if there was a way to prevent it from turning back into a half-deserted ruin once a generation dies from old age. Feel free to check out my work there lol.

Also on Makbor notes. My kingdom is infested with bandits now! Little asterisk everywhere! High Confederacies likes me again despite me killing the previous government. I still don't trust them

Dwarven adventurers are only available as outsiders now. It seems the entire species has been displaced from their own kingdoms. Hopefully me filling one up with angels didn't contribute to that.

Fortress mode silliness
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: March 06, 2024, 09:29:56 am »

I will pick the save up tonight
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: March 06, 2024, 11:33:21 am »

Nice. My Museum withdrawal symptoms were quite debilitating. Good luck Avo.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: March 06, 2024, 04:55:54 pm »

Mine too. I was even seeing if perfect world worked for 50.11, and it does, in case bralbaard wanted to use that again to create another odd-shaped world. Have to import an old worldgen file into PW, make the parameters you want, then export it, and then copy-paste that output into the new 50.11 worldgen.txt in the prefs folder. PW and DF worldgen both being as crash-happy as ever (with no clue why), but it does generate for 150 years or so reliably-ish.

I don't think it's the worldgen edits fault either; it's rare for a worldgen to run too long anyway. Would be nice if the game exported the seeds for a world as soon as history gen starts, so you can troubleshoot it by running the seeds again.

Still writing the last part of my adventures. It's hard to compile a satisfying conclusion with what happened. I basically ran straight for the Museum because I was running out of time.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: March 06, 2024, 05:29:53 pm »

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/4136064865380703752

Adventure mode returns on April 17th! Just after my birthday! What a great present.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: March 08, 2024, 07:19:24 pm »

If we do a fourth museum, how would y'all feel about editing the immortality off of elves and goblins (or just goblins), and making goblins actually have to eat and drink? Their immortality kinda bugs me, and it'd probably help with the massive overpopulation issues.

Also, we might want to wait a few months so Toady and Putnam can iron out some of the new bugs from the new version of Adventure Mode.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:18:24 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: March 08, 2024, 09:44:36 pm »

If we do a fourth museum, how would y'all feel about editing the immortality off of elves and goblins (or just goblins), and making goblins actually have to eat and drink? Their immortality kinda bugs me, and it'd probably help with the massive overpopulation issues.
I think it's good balancing in vanilla as it is. I think it's a feature, not a bug. Goblins at least are not orcs, though they sometimes seem like it. The goblin overpopulation was an issue in Orid Xem, yes, but on the other hand elves would have probably gone extinct if they were not immortal. Elves and goblins are going to be culled in mass anyway, so it's better for a world to have them in mass to be culled.

I'll be honest, I never considered the age of the races in vanilla as not fitting into a fantasy series. I'm considering necromancer experiment immortality, but then I think that without the immortality, and even with it, a lot of the experiment subspecies have gone extinct anyway. The Hands of Planegifts were that 1 in 1000 exception.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 265