Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265]

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430340 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3960 on: May 26, 2024, 03:11:26 pm »

That might not prove wise, with some forts being overrun with vermin and whatnot. Might want to test it for a while in an offshoot-save and run in and out with adventurers, reclaim and retire it a few times.

I agree it is not without risk. In addition, some of the museum exhibits are containers full of liquids, which would vanish on reclaiming.

You know, something I always wanted to try, was turning a structure or a place into a "lair." And like, getting that to work. I vaguely remember a discussion on these, where I learned that lairs are hardcoded to remember exact item locations, in a way unlike other places in game. It might be a worth a try.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 26, 2024, 04:50:46 pm »

Castles like boltspumpkin are also supposed to remember item locations. Something's fucky, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 04, 2024, 07:54:36 pm »

Here's the save, end of Turn 150, year 1126.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pTxmerxmLgoziq5hTaNgCTXGrW6WDkjA/view?usp=drive_link

Let me know if the permissions are screwy.

Good luck, Bralbaard!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 05, 2024, 10:53:02 am »

Castles like boltspumpkin are also supposed to remember item locations. Something's fucky, though.

I can only assume that the number of items on the site has overflowed whatever data storage is available for that site, so it scatters additional items?

In the end I wasn't brave enough to embark a fort over the top. If anyone is going to do that it should be Bralbaard!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 15, 2024, 10:50:40 am »

That's been more than 10 days since I uploaded the save. I am not sure if Bralbaard is playing - he didn't respond to my message. I hope he is OK.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 15, 2024, 05:14:25 pm »

That's been more than 10 days since I uploaded the save. I am not sure if Bralbaard is playing - he didn't respond to my message. I hope he is OK.
same me too, but at the exact same time I feel like it might be another instance of how if anyone mentions him being inactive the next day or later today he comes back and suddenly "hey I am active" idk it's something I noticed a bit and I thought it was sort of funny lol, still hope he's ok
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 16, 2024, 11:41:14 am »

Yeah, I hope he is okay!

I am able to take a turn if he doesn't show up
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 19, 2024, 05:51:38 am »

I am not sure what the current turn list should be. I've looked through the last few pages since Bral's last post and as far as I can tell:

Bralbaard
tonnot98
AvolitionBrit
Kesperan
Dikbutdagrate
LurkerZ
Eric Blank
Quantum Drop

It does feel like the game is winding to a close now, but I am still having fun with new forts and characters, and I am not sure we should be starting Musuem IV until the features in 0.50 are more fleshed out.

Edit: Added DBDG. If tonnot98 isn't ready for a turn, that would make it Avo.
Edit2: Added Lurker
Edit3: Added Eric and QD
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 02:24:11 am by kesperan »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 19, 2024, 03:05:10 pm »

Don't know if Dikbutdagrate, Maloy, Eric Blank or Quantum Drop had wanted to be re-added to the list?

It does feel like the game is winding to a close now, but I am still having fun with new forts and characters, and I am not sure we should be starting Musuem IV until the features in 0.50 are more fleshed out.

Yes please. Also, I categorically agree with you, a small delay for the Museum IV is the correct play. But in all likelihood, I wouldn't expect too long of a wait. Since patches work a bit differently than how they used to, there's a bit less to be worried about. You don't have to worry about getting on the boat before all the hotfixes arrive, or certain specific types of features get added. The major concerns you'll want to worry about are going to be ones involving weird things potentially tethered to world-gen. But yeah, playing it "safe" here really only means waiting I think, maybe one to two months after the official adv mode release? You know, just to watch the dust settle, out of an abundance of caution. And that's it, really. If any concerns pop after the release, then you know, people can revaluate. But if the coast is clear, go for it. 

On the flip-side, DFhack is still having to play a bit of catchup with Premium, and certain features don't work fully as well. With that in mind, it may prudent to modify the RAWs in order to enhance the support for the adv-site management, and enable a wider degree of adv-mode reactions, which is stuff we could get a jump on in advance. Despite my being a necromancer experiment data-monster, I am looking forward to tackling pure-vanilla adv-mode again, as a challenge. It'll likely be refreshing and annoying in equal measure, I imagine. I mean, the way vision works right now drives me crazy, lol. From personal experience, any major game breaking bugs are far more likely to be caused by unexpected behavior of a DFhack command in the current environment.

For the record, my opinion doesn't count for jack around here. You guys are the heavy weights who built these towering threads, through the gut-wrenching game crashes, and slogs of unimaginably and abysmally low FPS. I'm just some random non-historical animal person who wandered out from the forest and started discussing how an unknown creature assaulted somebody. It was inevitable.   

But while we wait, does anyone have any input in what they want the next world to look like? I for one would like to see a MANGROVE_SWAMP biome present.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 19, 2024, 07:15:25 pm »

Also me after dikbutdagrate please.

I think Museum IV should wait at least until autumn, it's obvious a lot of people are AWOL this time of the year.

For the record, my opinion doesn't count for jack around here.
My opinion is that everyone's opinion is equal, but that Bralbaard should get final say if he wants. Anyway, I always liked in this thread that anyone's opinion (even of those who didn't take turns) were taken into account. I think it's great that just by participating in the thread, we can improve our experiences.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 07:19:00 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 20, 2024, 07:54:21 pm »

I would like to be readded yes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 21, 2024, 01:27:41 am »

I'd also like to be re-added.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 21, 2024, 02:24:42 am »

I’ve updated the turn list on my last post.

Looks like you’re up Avolition.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 22, 2024, 12:55:33 pm »

I will start now
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265]