Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427671 times)

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2550 on: November 27, 2022, 07:00:23 pm »

I think this is it? I have three different Museum III turn 97 archives, this is the oldest. Hope it's not corrupted. Maybe something broke in the archiving?
It is corrupted. Checking turn 96...

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 27, 2022, 07:03:16 pm »

Two solutions:

One, if you can get into the game whether that be fortress or adventure mode, 'gui/gm-editor df.global'
Find the current year, and current year tick. Jump them ahead enough to pass the date by some arbitrary amount.

Two, if you are trying to unretire or load the save in anyway where the calender shows up before play, even from the main menu before loading, 'set-timeskip-duration -ticks 0' this will cause no time to pass whatsoever and bypass the specific date crash. Then you can use the first solution to skip time past the date of the crash.
I've lost control of my life.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 27, 2022, 08:26:29 pm »

Two solutions:

One, if you can get into the game whether that be fortress or adventure mode, 'gui/gm-editor df.global'
Find the current year, and current year tick. Jump them ahead enough to pass the date by some arbitrary amount.

Two, if you are trying to unretire or load the save in anyway where the calender shows up before play, even from the main menu before loading, 'set-timeskip-duration -ticks 0' this will cause no time to pass whatsoever and bypass the specific date crash. Then you can use the first solution to skip time past the date of the crash.
Thank you, that worked!
will post my save in two days, after i finish adventuring.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:29:56 pm by Cook100500 »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 27, 2022, 08:56:28 pm »

.................................so it really was a cursed date.

Wow.

I knew DF gained sapience, but it still blows my mind each time it gets confirmed.

Glad that worked, good luck Cook!
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 27, 2022, 09:33:35 pm »

Truly, a chad goblin commander.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:48:12 pm by Cook100500 »

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 27, 2022, 10:48:42 pm »

Well, it happend again. Now its 7th hematite that causes the crash. dont even know why and how its 7th hematite, considering few days have passed. Luckly we have a solution, but still hope it wont happen again

After testing can say for sure: something bad happens every few days, causing a crash. we can dodge that date with gui/gm-editor df.global, but there should be a long-term solution
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:59:37 pm by Cook100500 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 27, 2022, 10:58:37 pm »

Without delving too deep at the moment, I have to omagine it's an event. Could be something like an army attempting to march on a site but the data is corrupt somehow, but it could truly be any number of things, such as a histfig settling in a corrupt site, etc. It would be quite difficult to pin this one down.

For now, try and save as often as possible, easier said than done when it takes 20 minutes to save, but such is the way of Orid Xem these days.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 27, 2022, 11:29:44 pm »

Whatever happens is probably related to your fort or your character. Skipped about 20 years on turn 96 and nothing happend

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 28, 2022, 01:06:52 pm »

That’s a bit of a conundrum. I think Bralbaard needs to make a decision on what to do next if the last turn has somehow corrupted the game file. Would be shame for this to be the end!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 28, 2022, 04:29:28 pm »

Worst case we can go back to turn 96, but I'd hate to lose all that was done in turn 97..from what i remember Unraveller already had quite some issues and fixed a lot of stuff at the end of that turn, so it might be related. Let's take a few days to try and narrow down the issue.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 28, 2022, 05:13:30 pm »

Hm. Narrowing it down to what I actually saved in terms of hackery during my turn wasn't all that much. I had to disable a few reptile men in Silverthrone that were giving me crashes on load.

When making Weatherponder the New, I had to activate embark-anywhere, and I also used the command that has slipped my mind to start with a few extra humans, again not something I imagine would cause such an instability.

And then later I had to disable a dwarf or two from the original settling party in Silverthrone for the same reason, but I can't precisely figure out why that would be.

There might be something else I'm not thinking of at this moment.

I'm struggling to think if I did anything other than that. . . I'm fairly certain I did not use any df-hacking during my short adventure other than the occaisional 'reveal'. And while I was creating Realmspire, I did the same to embark on top of a mountain, which has already happened a few times in our game here.

I'm not trying to pass off all the blame or anything, assuming Cook's had no problems at all with turn 96 during the passage of time like they've said, clearly something during my turn was messed up. I'm just not certain where to start looking, or whether it was indeed from any specific action I took aforementioned, or some confluence of things.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:22:41 pm by Unraveller »

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 29, 2022, 05:21:32 am »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q12T50MrzvvfTBPL07dMajZLdRECMI_f/view?usp=sharing
Saved exacly 1 tick before the disaster. Maybe that will somehow help
EDIT: Maybe, the exact tick it happens. When retired and set timeskip to 0 tick it crashes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 05:46:24 am by Cook100500 »

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 29, 2022, 07:19:43 am »

Tried to clear some sites out to test if someone is causing it. For some reason every time trying to exterminate every dwarf/human in silverthrone it causes a crash. Could be unrelated. New Weatherponder seems fine, and even after clearing it crashes still occur
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:21:43 am by Cook100500 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: November 29, 2022, 07:52:28 am »

I'll see what I can see after I get home today.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 29, 2022, 03:13:20 pm »

One thing I noticed is that when you embark with a new group, you currently have the possibility to start with a bunch of humans instead of dwarves and you also receive a ridiculous amount of embark points. I guess that means some raw changes have been made that still affect the game. I'm not sure if any of that could be related,  (replacing the raws with an older version does not fix it, and possibly only makes it worse, the game appears to only get stuck faster, not sure what is going on there..)

Also on another copy of the save I've forwarded the clock by a ridiculous amount to the year 1000, and the game appears stable (or at least doesn't crash every few days as reported earlier) I've progressed a month or four without crashes, presumably because whatever causes the crash might have died of old age. Not sure if that will last but I'm out of testing time for today (and will not have further time to test this week)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 04:15:10 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 265