Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421357 times)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1920 on: April 13, 2022, 01:21:26 pm »

aight playing some more today for my adventurers and stuff and i'll see how far i'll go this time
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 13, 2022, 06:38:38 pm »

The dawn of gramlinkind as a civilization, possibly. Are they considered playable members of any civ just yet? I dunno how you would go about making a wild species available as a playable race tbh, retire enough historical figures into settlements of a given civ?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 13, 2022, 06:52:35 pm »

The dawn of gramlinkind as a civilization, possibly. Are they considered playable members of any civ just yet? I dunno how you would go about making a wild species available as a playable race tbh, retire enough historical figures into settlements of a given civ?

not sure

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 13, 2022, 06:58:48 pm »

also will say on my turn today, my game crashed while i was trying to fight back against some wolves that were attacking a bunch of my gremlins and kobold allies and while the game was trying to process the amount of creatures i can choose to attack as i wanted to attack those wolves to help out my gremlins and such, my game crashed but i still have teh screenshots of what happened before that part crashed and i was forced to play back where i last left off, is it fine i incorporate those old screenshots as like my character Zal having a strange nightmare/dream and after the so called "dream sequence" is over it gets right into what actually happens in my turn, or is using those old screenshots on the game before it crashed as a  dream sequence can kind of come off as savescummy or whatever, just thought i could use those old screenshots as like apart of a dream sequence on my second post of my turn and stuff maybe (cause i don't wanna let those old screenshots go to waste or whatever so yeah)

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 13, 2022, 07:22:43 pm »

also another thing i am kind of confused about, when my character is dead (since with my adventurer he's in a adventurer party) is it that the whole adventurer party has to be dead which means i am finished or if the character i was playing as is dead then i retire the adventurer party and give out the save and such?

Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 13, 2022, 09:00:35 pm »

As long as you don't have more adventures with your party, I think you should be ok in moving it into the nearest settlement to retire it. Though from the looks of it, you didn't die while you commanded the party, so that's why the game lets you go forward.

As for what happens after your adventurer dies, you can end the game, then start a fortress for the rest of the time you have available (which appears to be until the next Monday). It's your choice if you want to make a fortress anywhere in the world until Monday or just upload the save right now.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 13, 2022, 09:13:04 pm »

As long as you don't have more adventures with your party, I think you should be ok in moving it into the nearest settlement to retire it. Though from the looks of it, you didn't die while you commanded the party, so that's why the game lets you go forward.

As for what happens after your adventurer dies, you can end the game, then start a fortress for the rest of the time you have available (which appears to be until the next Monday). It's your choice if you want to make a fortress anywhere in the world until Monday or just upload the save right now.
i was asking if my whole adventurer party needed to be dead or if my main adventurer only had to die in order to be over with my turn regarding being dead with your adventurer party as a peasent since in df with two allies the game forces you to click tab to switch with your other adventurer characters cause the game made me switch to one of my kobold adventurer allies but i retired anyways cause i am not sure if my entire party has to be dead or do I have to have to only have my main character i was controlling to be dead in-order for my turn to be over but yeah anyways sending in the save, will make my second post of my turn tomorrow since i made alot of screenshots and alot of stuff has happened and stuff

(wait nevermind you did answer my question i didn't see for a sec)
tho i will say my first question wasn't answered if it was fine for my crashed game session to be a dream sequence my character has before i go into what actually happens to Zal and stuff
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:22:26 pm by WonderPsycho »

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 13, 2022, 09:33:42 pm »

Civs+ Mod

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:53 pm »

I personally don't have any issue with using some lost data in the turn, these things happen in DF. Especially so thatnks to how much we push a world's limits.
I've lost control of my life.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 13, 2022, 10:04:00 pm »

I personally don't have any issue with using some lost data in the turn, these things happen in DF. Especially so thatnks to how much we push a world's limits.
forgot to mention screenshots of my unfortunately crashed session being used as a dream sequence as for the start up of post 2 before post 2 goes into what actually happens to Zal in my turn and stuff, but yeah my apologies for not phrasing what i meant earlier on my last message

Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 14, 2022, 12:09:41 am »

If you start with a party of multiple peasant adventurers it is kind of arbitrary which of those you consider your main character. It is fine to continue as long as one of them survives. Feel free to pick the save back up again if that's the case. Adventurers that join the party during the playthrough don't count.

Crashes happen a lot unfortunately. Feel free to write about it, your solution sounds good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:14:18 am by Bralbaard »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 14, 2022, 01:17:53 am »

If you start with a party of multiple peasant adventurers it is kind of arbitrary which of those you consider your main character. It is fine to continue as long as one of them survives. Feel free to pick the save back up again if that's the case. Adventurers that join the party during the playthrough don't count.

Crashes happen a lot unfortunately. Feel free to write about it, your solution sounds good.
thanks, also i will say the screenshots i left out for the crashed session had a few funny moments in it which was one of the reasons why i wanted the crashed session screenshots to be converted into being apart of dream sequence of what was happening before it goes into what actually happened at the end of the turn and such, plus my entire adventurer party as far as i can see seem to be entirely dead at the end of my turn so far so yeah (one of them died of starvation the other two well they had a same fate but that's to be revealed in Post 2 when i get to writing it tomorrow which will take a while cause of how many screenshots i took and other shit but yeah)

Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 14, 2022, 09:35:21 am »

I feel like the one *you* feel is the main one should matter most, but I have no problem people continuing playing if they started in a group.

I'm not sure I want to ever start or make a group, despite - unironically speaking - Bralbaard's example of excellently hiring goblins as cannon folder. I've heard they make problems, including attacking your undead if you are a necromancers, attacking people if you just want to brawl, I assume attacking enemies of their civs or groups (I've had at least in Fortress Mode an elven caravan attacking a necro experiment friendly to me because he was presumably an enemy of their civ) etc.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 14, 2022, 11:07:21 am »

Well, guess that makes it Nogoodnames' turn eh?
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 14, 2022, 12:00:55 pm »

Yes, I've already send a PM.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 265