Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421387 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1830 on: March 31, 2022, 12:03:48 am »

Ahh! Now I definitely wish to see Yawo return in a future turn and see just how they intend to further bring prosperity to the Squeezing Fords. Heck, It'd be pretty sweet if they became a druid themselves in the meantime. I really do enjoy Orid Xem as seen through the eyes of the adventures who aren't unstoppable murder machines, though I'm sure Yawo became fairly experienced regardless.
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 31, 2022, 03:25:16 am »

Great story dude. Are you making a fort?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 31, 2022, 03:26:02 am »

I really enjoyed reading about your adventures Tonnot. Some legendary stuff happened as well, like that undead dropping 47 levels to his death.
Nice museum submission too.

I finally made it to Herograves. As much as it pains me to see yet another wooden fortress, I felt chills as I stepped inside. It certainly wasn't the cold, either. On a bridge crossing the river that runs through the fort, two humans clad in blue metal were sparring with weapons of a similar make. They moved faster than even my elven eyes could process, every move a blur and it felt that I was hearing the clashing of their weapons three strikes too late. I approached them and made my presence known, and they both stopped mid-stroke, frozen in place and slowly turned to face me. They hadn't said a word, so I tried asking them about their strange weapons and armor. No response. Sweating, hoping not to make a fool of myself, or worse, I pointed out that one of the humans had two such swords and offered to buy it off of him with the collection of gemstones and jewlery I picked from the ruins of Relicward. At the mention of that fortress, an elf dressed in similar armament stomped up to me as the other two broke their pose. The trio stared at me with a cold, unfeeling glare. As detached as they seemed, they must've thought my naiveté was amusing. "Who is this bumbling fool? Doesn't he know who we are? What we've done? The amount of blood we've spilled with the very weapon he offers to buy?" Something like that, I'm sure. Not a word was spoken between these three blue knights, but I had enough wit to tell that they'd prefer I left.

Was this Herograves or the Shelter of Adventurers? The description makes it sound like this was the Shelter, the two sites are quite close on the map.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 31, 2022, 03:39:39 am »

That was a great turn, Tonnot! Really enjoyed reading through your story; hope Yawo returns at a later date to continue it.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 31, 2022, 08:54:32 am »

Ahh! Now I definitely wish to see Yawo return in a future turn and see just how they intend to further bring prosperity to the Squeezing Fords. Heck, It'd be pretty sweet if they became a druid themselves in the meantime. I really do enjoy Orid Xem as seen through the eyes of the adventures who aren't unstoppable murder machines, though I'm sure Yawo became fairly experienced regardless.
Advancing into elven nobility is gonna be a lot harder than advancing into dwarven or human nobility, but two people have been made kings already, so who knows? Also I was only competent in spears for the longest time until I decided to avenge Beakie, and it's not like goblins are too dangerous unless you're outnumbered.

Great story dude. Are you making a fort?
Nnope, no time. I like to try and dedicate the majority of my week to fortress-making if I'm gonna bother, so I can make it past like year 5 or something.

Was this Herograves or the Shelter of Adventurers? The description makes it sound like this was the Shelter, the two sites are quite close on the map.
...that explains why I didn't find the graveyard.

Anyway, sign me up again!

Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15874

Also, also... I looked at the post-turn populations and The Squeezing Ford went from 636 elves to 322. I have no idea how this happened!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 31, 2022, 09:01:12 am »

Possibly because much of the Squeezing Ford hasn't been loaded/explored in a while if I had to guess? It seems the elves are facing a potential crisis.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 31, 2022, 09:15:13 am »

Oh dear, does that mean the Silver Plague has reached the northern forests?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 31, 2022, 10:11:28 am »

Spoiler: Before turn 76 Civ Pop (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After turn 76 Civ Pop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ancientknowlege (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:29:56 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 31, 2022, 10:46:53 am »

That's a pretty steep drop - just under half of the total elven population of The Squeezing Fjords. Doesn't exactly bode well for their future, but it certainly opens up a whole range of storytelling possibilities!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 31, 2022, 10:49:27 am »

The elfs are going the way of the hydra. In a few hundred years time, "oh yes, the tall humans. They once lived in the forest amongst nature".

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 31, 2022, 11:04:33 am »

As I pointed in part posts, their only saving grace is that they reclaimed all those sites in the 8th century, the only civ to do so alongside Adilatir. This is great for them because the game occasionally adds a named historical elf every few years or perhaps even more often. They'll survive unless a player goes after them through adventurers (which has played a big part of their number dropping until now), fortress mode conquering their sites or the other civilizations eye their sites... though why they'd want them, I can't fathom. I'd say realistically only Mong Uthros, who's already at was with them and who had historical clashes, might try that, but they've had those 708-709 massacres through wars from the goblins.

I've noticed through the save some other interesting things. I don't know if it's been noticed, but Dur Badu might be legitimately extinct, with the last King Beksur Pumikega dying in 814, taking all the other civ's titles with him. Then again, this is the third time the civ had this happen, having two other gaps between Law-Givers, one rivaling Nomal Alis.

If he lives long enough and so does the game, Avolition might end up the King of 5 civilizations, including Omon Obin, Adilatir, The Most Sin and The Creamy Confederacy, since he's somehow become member of all of them (I suspect the often retire and unretire in different sites added him to all these civs) and the game might give a character concomitant titles in each civilization.

No movement on Moldath so far, I find this actually weird. I suppose not enough time was spent between turns that events could proceed.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 31, 2022, 11:32:22 am »

Its interesting to see what will happen to the elfs before the year 1000.

Ah i see that Beksur has finally croaked. Could be a free title there, not sure it works like that but retiring at one of their sites might make you a member and thus instantly jump the hoops to lawgiver. Additionally assuming identity might do that too.

Oh yeah, that is a possibility. Will be interesting to see if i do. Might have to join the The Squeezing Fords. Will be interesting to see if Adilatir gets another adventurer ruler. They certainly have a fine selection of nobles. Could even go to a reptile or wolf man, that would be interesting. We will see soon as Lorbam is starting to get up there in age at best another 47 years.

It might be a while before he moves again. Just waiting for someone to notice he is ageless.

Drunken scholar

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 31, 2022, 11:50:42 am »

Just waiting for someone to notice he is ageless.
"We've had this king for a while, isn't that weird?"
"Like no one's killed him yet?"
"No no, like he's older than all the other kings."
"Because no one k-"
"NO, I think he might be ageless or something."
"Wait I thought all lobsters were ageless!"
"...He's a scorpion man."
"What's a scorpion if not a land lobster?"
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 31, 2022, 12:40:55 pm »

Snip

A reality where at best three elves live in each of their sites, or worse, many remain completely empty, certainly doesn't feel like days of glory, haha. Elves're starting to look like fairy tale beings if ya'ask me.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 31, 2022, 02:06:35 pm »

No movement on Moldath so far, I find this actually weird. I suppose not enough time was spent between turns that events could proceed.

That’s good news. Means he hasn’t died yet. He’s so fragile. I worry about him…
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 265