Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427390 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2020, 02:22:39 am »

Well done! Good to see you got there without much hassle.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2020, 07:19:34 am »

So I played 11-12 days so far, and the universe is amazing. Medieval mad max it is.

I havent found a worthy artefact so far but I'm still looking. Just a question, do we have an "adventurer guild" so far ? Where do you guys retire your adventurers ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:50:57 pm by Cathar »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2020, 08:30:14 am »

As of yet we don’t rrally have one, I’m hoping to make one on my next turn after my last attempt went so arglebarglemerg.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2020, 08:52:20 am »

Nice artwork!

We do not have one, but it looks like most surviving characters have moved away from where they were retired during other peoples turns. Most are in Treatyseed now.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »

Well, I had the most frustrating death. And because I don't want to savescum neither I want to redact that, I'll just pass for my turn... sorry guys. Next up can take the save

I'll upload the save soon. I'm angry at myself but I'll breath deeply and post the thing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:56:03 pm by Cathar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2020, 04:05:42 pm »

Sorry to hear that :-/.
When the anger has subsided, do not forget to write a story of your adventures. Tragedies sometimes make for the best stories.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2020, 04:10:39 pm »

Ah, it's not really a tragedy, it's more like a "woops, an enemy rolled a critical hit". I don't promise I'll write anything, this may just be very boring to both write and read. But maybe I don't know. Here is the save

If I decide to write something, I'll update this message
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:19:18 pm by Cathar »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2020, 04:32:53 pm »

Tragedies sometimes make for the best stories.
I was trying to write a tragedy with my no-combat-skills peasant venturing though the most hostile terrain in the world, but... uh... nothing bad happened. I was a little disappointed.

Tasoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Death to the surface dwellers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2020, 05:34:33 pm »

Dang, sorry to hear about the bad luck Cathar. Work has slowed down for me these past few days so I should have plenty of time to explore and hopefully find some good stuff, but before I get started I’m going to read through the thread to catch up on some posts I missed. Retail work has been an absolute nightmare.
Urist McHero, legendary axedwarf, has been scuttled.
A thread started regarding honoring the dearly departed Wagon. A hard working individual that was cut down, after centuries of work, by a simple bridge malfunction. Somehow we started off with reverance before shortly delving into science, philosophy, and even language itself.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2020, 08:44:09 am »

but before I get started I’m going to read through the thread to catch up on some posts I missed.

Good. That gives us some time to reflect on how the world has been doing since we took control.
It turns out that the plague has not stopped. Humans are dying at alarming rates.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:45:49 am by Bralbaard »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2020, 09:32:34 am »

I think I understand why, I'm currently writing my report (this will take some time) I'll make some suggestions why, and tl;dr humans will go extinct soon unless they manage to relocate. They are basically living in a place that is below 0°C in summer and are probably just freezing to death in winter.

I also advise to legend dive to see if maybe there were battles or the like that could explain these drops. I'll do a bit of it myself but I'm currently absolutely overloaded with stuff to do. Maybe we can make it a running quest to find the reason why people keep disapearing and put an end to that.

Regardless, if you can give me another turn, I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:40:07 am by Cathar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2020, 09:48:33 am »

I've added you for another turn.

We found out earlier that a large part of the deaths appear to be caused because there are large numbers of outcasts in this world that dissapear from the game as soon as an adventurer visits their site. But that may not be the complete picture. I know from another world that I'm playing that large numbers of people dying can also happen without adventurer interaction.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2020, 09:56:59 am »

So, basically, the foundation of the museum may or may not have more or less heralded the coming of an ice age?

That’s pretty cool.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2020, 12:53:33 pm »

What does that population graph look like without humans and goblins on it? I'm wondering how the elvish and dwarfish populations are doing
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:05:10 pm by Glloyd »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2020, 03:35:58 pm »

The "empty city" I visited was surrounded by refugees, but not nearly as many as you might expect from such a large city. They said they were fleeing an invading army. Maybe that's part of it too?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 265