Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Brewing Dwarven wine conditional  (Read 5712 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Brewing Dwarven wine conditional
« on: March 08, 2020, 04:40:24 pm »

Got a good help of someone: set conditional arguments so as they say
"when dwarven wine : <75&& plump helmets >5 && empty barrels >1, brew plump helmets"

Then you never have to check your brewers again if you don't want to. You can proceed to set another one for barrels so thats never an issue either. => another alcoholic drink then i conclude. 
Its no more tedious levels of micromanagement

But doing this order in the manager screen ?
I tried, but get not yet a hang to it ?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:44:51 pm by janamdo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brewing Dwarven wine conditional
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:42:55 pm »

Not sure where the above formula is from (maybe some Dfhack plugin thing?) But in vanilla manager:

q  (new order)
Brew from fruit (10, or any number you like).
c, r, p
(c for Conditions, r to automatically add the requirements (fruit and barrels), p to add the max number of products you want (booze and seeds). You can delete the max seeds conditional.

If you've also got another order to make barrels whenever there's less than 5 free (or 10 or whatever you like) and have wood available (again, c, r, p), then yeah, you won't need to set it again for the rest of the Fortress' life. This order will automatically be set to check the conditions every day and start a new batch of 10 if the conditions are met.

I don't think "brew dwarven wine" is a specific order you can give. But if the only fruit you have available is wine making fruit, then that works.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 10:13:31 am »

Just look at this, but it is not yet clear how to handle this
r =  remove

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:28:59 am »

Just look at this, but it is not yet clear how to handle this
r =  remove

"r = remove" is only in the main job manager queue.
Once you are viewing conditions on a specific order (with 'c = conditions'), 'r = reagent condition' which will add conditions on the input materials for the order.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 11:15:53 am »

Easiest way to do this is to control what brewable plants are the closest to your stills. Stills only concern themselves with X and Y coordinate distance, so "nearest" can be on another Z level and it still works.

Have this stockpile accept only the plants you want to brew. If you want to guarantee a mix, try having multiple stockpiles all equally close to your stills, each accepting a different plant but not accepting barrels. Dwarves will put individual plants on these stockpiles. The still will take the plant, but now that its gone it will have to take another plant.

Another way to do this is to have the still be closest to a farm. Have the farm grow a different crop every season. When your farmed crop stockpiles are full the remaining plants will just sit in the farm field, ready for use by the still. As the available crops change each season your stills will brew up something different depending on season.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 02:11:55 pm »

If you want to make Dwarven Wine make sure you choose Brew Plants and not Brew from Fruit - plump helmets are a type of mushroom and not a fruit (this according to the game logic, not going to start the real world debate as to the status of fungi...).

It is not a great idea to make only one type of alcohol as your dwarfs get tired of drinking the same thing repeatedly - indeed normally having the maximum different types of alcohol available is for the best.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 03:59:34 pm »

Thanks
Little bit complicated this jobmanager

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 04:14:40 pm »

Thanks
Little bit complicated this jobmanager
Ah, sorry, brew from plants, ok.
It's easy.
Brew from plants order.
c, r, p
Forget about it.

Same for your other orders (don't forget to make barrels or pots too).
There are complex things which you can do (as with everything in DF), but learn them later.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:19:12 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 07:49:14 am »

Thanks
No, it is not that easy ..

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 07:56:13 am »

Thanks
No, it is not that easy ..
Why, what went wrong?

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 08:29:50 am »

Thanks
I started like this

- q ..search for brew ->brew drink from plants (workkorder)
- quantity = 0 -> infinity workorders
Now condition c
Now r .. now i got 2 conditions
1) plump helmets for brewing ? (plant or mushroom)  -> dwarven wine -> i take plump helmet plant for brewing
now condition for plump helmet :  >5  (is less then 5 )
This gives a error : satisfied for next check
I did not declare the number of drinks from dwarvenwine probably ?
This means i must start over again and give the condition for drinks of dwarvenwine must be more then 75 condition: right?
2 storage  drink (barrels )
now condition for barrel  :  >1  ( is less then 1 ) …….

So i got a condition error and must start over
I do want store at least 75 drinks of dwarvenwine ( is that correct formulated?) , so .. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:31:39 am by janamdo »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 10:16:35 am »

I am tottally lost with this conditional brewing as you can see
But in general brewing : 5 brewing jobs from plants with a condition from products : amount of drinks is at most 100 and frequency : restart if completed, and checks  the condition daily

That means if  the number of drinks are 100 or less , by consumption from the dwarfs it starts a brew job 5x (that's one barrel)
If there are 4 barrels of drink in stock or less , the brewer add a one new barrel to the stock
Don't know yet how much the dwarves are drinking 

A the moment there is only plump helmet, so there is no differentation yet in what drinks can be brewed  and this general brew job can be done ( if there barrels and  plumphelmet plants available )
Can later look again to the brew job with a refinement of this brew job :  and try to set the  condition for number of plump helmets plants and a condition for the number of barrels.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:05:47 pm by janamdo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 04:50:36 pm »

Why are you so determined to only make plump helmet wine?
Learn to use the manager first before getting specific and well into advanced usage.

Brew from plants X 10
c, r, p.
(Set max number to something high like 500).
(Delete the seeds conditional).

Make barrels X 10
c,r,p

That's it. Your plump helmets and everything else will get made into various forms of booze so long as you have barrels. Barrels will get made so long as you have wood.

Sticking to one form of booze is actually bad for your dorf's stress.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:53:36 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:39 am »

So much confusion on easiest way (and probably only real way) to do without dfhack.

Build multiple stills.  Assign multiple stockpiles next to each still.  Each stockpile only accepts 1 type of plant. 

Once you have a manager press "q" hover over the first still.

"P" to enter the Workshop Profile.
Right arrow across to Work Orders.
"q" > brew from plant > enter quantity I usually do 10.
This creates a basic work order.  Now for the fun part.
c > p
This creates two conditions.  Delete the seed condition because it is pointless.
Select the Drinks and press "m".
Type "dwarven wine" and select it.
q > q - This changes equality to less than.
n > enter 50 - or however much you want to stockpile.

I do this for all the plants I farm and have one still that does anything I import.  So typically five stills in total.  The fifth still just gets assigned work orders manually when I purchase ingredients.

Make sure you have a barrel stockpile and plant stockpile linked to each still.  This will stop work orders from selecting the wrong ingredients to brew.

This is what my set up looks like:

This is the Workshop Profile

This is the work order conditions set up

Hopefully the images work...
Nope, attempt #2...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:45:15 am by Dracko81 »

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:26 am »

This is what my set up looks like:

I should clarify on this I think.

The 4 stills on the right are wine, ale, etc.  They are linked to the 4 stockpiles to their left and to the barrel stockpile which is over next to the other still (3 x 11 and full).

All crops are taken straight out of the fields and put into the close stockpiles.  The left still has a plant stockpile that takes all but the usual 4 farmable brews.  It has things like dimples and quarry plants in it too.

It isn't the most efficient set up, but this is the only sure fire way to ensure that your brewers will brew what you want without using mods.
Pages: [1] 2 3