Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Brewing Dwarven wine conditional  (Read 5704 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brewing Dwarven wine conditional
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 02:30:27 am »

Why are you so determined to only make plump helmet wine?
Learn to use the manager first before getting specific and well into advanced usage.

Sticking to one form of booze is actually bad for your dorf's stress.
Thanks
I thought when i master one brew (plump helmets)(= learning to use the manager) , then the rest should be logical following...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 03:04:09 am »

Why are you so determined to only make plump helmet wine?
Learn to use the manager first before getting specific and well into advanced usage.

Sticking to one form of booze is actually bad for your dorf's stress.
Thanks
I thought when i master one brew (plump helmets)(= learning to use the manager) , then the rest should be logical following...
Being exact in Dwarf Fortress is expert level.
Leaving things up to dorfs is basic level.

Tell them to make some booze, let them figure it out. You go build goblin traps or something more interesting.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 04:05:52 am »

- quantity = 0 -> infinity workorders
Don't do this. This results in a work order that continues forever after the conditions have been met, and doesn't stop even if the conditions are no longer satisfied.

It essentially means "check conditions every time infinity items have been made". Making work orders repeat is actually controlled at the top of the conditions page, where it says "checking daily".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 04:10:28 am »

I should clarify on this I think.

The 4 stills on the right are wine, ale, etc.  They are linked to the 4 stockpiles to their left and to the barrel stockpile which is over next to the other still (3 x 11 and full).

All crops are taken straight out of the fields and put into the close stockpiles.  The left still has a plant stockpile that takes all but the usual 4 farmable brews.  It has things like dimples and quarry plants in it too.

It isn't the most efficient set up, but this is the only sure fire way to ensure that your brewers will brew what you want without using mods.
Thanks
Very detailled booze production you do have and the idea to have for every sort of drink a own still is great
Makes that there is enough booze in stock seems to me

At the moment i use two stills with set up 5 brew jobs from 5 farm plots taken and a Carpenter workshop for barrel production.
All command goes from the jobmanager for now.
How tis workflow exactly works ? ( does the Carpenter need a pile for storing barrels ?, because the workshop can store barrels are a certain amount without the use of a furniture pile)   

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 04:25:36 am »

Tell them to make some booze, let them figure it out. You go build goblin traps or something more interesting.
Yes, drinks and food(got 300 easy meals now in stock with a population of 53 dwarfs  and this must also gonna be managed too, because the foodquality is endangered : miasma?   )  must be first settled too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:30:23 am by janamdo »

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 04:27:58 am »

I should clarify on this I think.

The 4 stills on the right are wine, ale, etc.  They are linked to the 4 stockpiles to their left and to the barrel stockpile which is over next to the other still (3 x 11 and full).

All crops are taken straight out of the fields and put into the close stockpiles.  The left still has a plant stockpile that takes all but the usual 4 farmable brews.  It has things like dimples and quarry plants in it too.

It isn't the most efficient set up, but this is the only sure fire way to ensure that your brewers will brew what you want without using mods.
Thanks
Very detailled booze production you do have and the idea to have for every sort of drink a own still is great
Makes that there is enough booze in stock seems to me

At the moment i use two stills with set up 5 brew jobs from 5 farm plots taken and a Carpenter workshop for barrel production.
All command goes from the jobmanager for now.
How tis workflow exactly works ? ( does the Carpenter need a pile for storing barrels ?, because the workshop can store barrels are a certain amount without the use of a furniture pile)   

Firstly the workshop profile just makes a linked workshop job in the managers screen.  It is basically the same thing, just limited to a single workshop.  That fort has 5 brewers and each their own still.  Which means they work all year round as booze is drunk.  I never touch the stills, after it is set up, it is set up.

So I don't use barrels usually.  I use rock pots, created from the craftdwarf's workshop.  Same thing, just made from rock.  I usually have more available rock than wood because charcoal.

So I have one furniture stockpile that accepts pots and barrels only.  Then a plant stockpile that only accepts plump helmets.  While in "q" - building tasks - hover over a stockpile and press "g" - give -go to still and press enter.  This creates a link that means that workshop will only accept items from that stockpile.  So if you only link the plants stockpile, the brewer will fail to find a barrel.  You need to link both the plant and furniture stockpile.  This is why I have multiple stills and stockpiles limiting available work orders.  Even though I can't say only make wine, they can only make wine because of the items at hand.

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 04:30:04 am »

Yes, drinks and food(got 300 easy meals now in stock with a population of 53 dwarfs  and this must also gonna be managed too, because the foodquality is endangered : miasma?   )  must be first settled to

Easy fix.  Make a refuse stockpile, put a door on it to keep the miasma in.  (assuming rotten food)

If it isn't rotten food but a rotten elf/goblin.  Make a corpse stockpile instead.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:27 am »

Yes sure, good to start at this level -from simple to complicated
Goblin traps , i only placed some cage traps at the entry of the fortress and a internal draw bridge too is placed, but this is not yet working.   

Seeds is a problem now, there is only plump helmet seed. 
So it is a only plump helmets for now ( i add a small seed pile for it ) and the dorfs drink only dwarvenwine then.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:54:52 pm by janamdo »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 09:38:20 am »

Enhanced Stock view: meaning ?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:44:35 am by janamdo »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 02:58:55 pm »

That green line (what's under ofcourse written) ..what does it standing for ? 

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:03:44 am by janamdo »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 06:35:06 am »

ok, i am looking again at the stocks as easy stock vieuw : drinks 200?
Drinks is a category here in the easy stock view.
It can be build up from different drinks, so i go to the enhanced stock view -> how to find here all drinks ?

Flag names can be searched for e.g -job-inventory -dump-forbid => 
Use ? to match the start of a name  and /? or ?  to match the end of a name =>

Its about handling this enhanced screen ..maybe there is YouTube tutorial ?

Its a DF hack thing the enhanced stockview ..is it  on their website documented ?
Beverage produced: can be a lot , so memorizing it is too much ?..not really
Drinks (77)
wine (38 : 1 indoor farming: plump helmet , 37 outdoor farming) ,
ale 1: indoor with pig tail 
beer (26: 25 outdoor farming, 1 indoors : cave wheat)
rum 1 : dwarvenrum , plantbased , indoor farming with sweetpod
whiskey : 1 , plantbased , outdoor farming)
and cider 4: outdoor farming
=====================
Dwarven Wine/ale/ beer/rum  from indoor farming
======================
River spirits, gutter cruor,sunshine,perry, mead : 6 outdoor farming 

Strong drinks (liquor) : rum , whiskey and Sunshine(illegal brew haha) seems to me also liquor? 

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:43:50 am by janamdo »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 04:41:39 pm »

All alcohol is treated as the same strength by dwarfs.  (No strong drink, weak drink as far as they are concerned.)

Best way to find fortress stocks of types of alcohol is through the z menu: z -> kitchen -> drinks.  On another tab in that menu you can turn brewing on or off for each type of alcohol if you have the source ingredient (from memory it defaults to on when you acquire a specific ingredient for the first time and the setting persists when you run out of that ingredient).

Best out of game source for alcohol types is the wiki: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Alcohol#List_of_alcohol.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 02:25:56 am »

Best way to find fortress stocks of types of alcohol is through the z menu: z -> kitchen -> drinks. 
Thanks
That makes it a lot easier to know what drinks are consumed
Is it not that the dwarf get a better mood of drinking liquor ?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 05:36:06 am »

Most dwarfs have a low level need for alcohol (of any type) becoming more focused when this is satisfied.

Separately a dwarf will get a happy thought when drinking alcohol that they have a preference for.  (Every dwarf has a preference for one type of alcohol.)  There is also a bad thought for drinking the same type of alcohol repeatedly.

The personality of the dwarf affects the strength of these effects.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2020, 01:50:09 pm »

Not sure where the above formula is from (maybe some Dfhack plugin thing?) But in vanilla manager:

i got this from: ( but do not understand it yet how it works )

You should use the manager at the start. It will make your life a lot easier. You can set conditional orders so as that when you're low on something (bins or barrels say), your dwarves automatically make more. Your manager distributes the orders between all your workshops for more efficiency. And most importantly you dont have to make workshop orders on indefinite repeat
Anytime you need anything done, press j-m-q.
Set conditional arguments so as that say
"when dwarven wine :   < 75 && plump helmets > 5 && empty barrels > 1, brew plump helmets."
Then you never have to check your brewers again if you don't want to. You can proceed to set another one for barrels so that's never an issue either.
Here's another example of how it works @Jan Douma
 Lets say you just got a squad organized in the military screen, and your forges have been built but you haven't quite made it to making armor.
 Again press j-m-q, make an order to always make coke from coal if there is any coal around, make an order to always smelt bars if there's your choice of metal ore around. This is just so you don't have to micromanage your metal industry.
For all the gear you can simply press j-m-q, type the name of the item, set the quantity you want, repeat. tl;dr mass order-giving really quickly. no more tedious levels of micromanagement.
Also the reason it should be used from the beginning is because until your fortress hits 20 dwarves, orders don't need to be validated in an office. So from the beginning you can start orders like "make 500 bins" and such.
Pages: 1 [2] 3