Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67836 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #750 on: April 21, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »

"Cheetahs are 'the fastest land animal on earth', but my aim is faster than any animal."

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 21, 2020, 09:11:16 pm »

Started:

Quest Summary:

Quest Objective: Faith's squad has been holding his own against dark lord's army and after their defeat. Their location is unknown(not the character) however it is suggested that they are still located near around the northern fort. Battle through multiple foes as you progress through several locations. The quest will be segmented into 4/4 Stage and each stage spawns different kinds of enemies and environments.

Optional: Hope has lost trust in the protectors during the princess incident and this can bring her trust back. If you follow her orders and do as she said, you will gain her trust points. Hope Trust point is now [1/5] and every optional mission accomplish will increase it by +1. This will also earn mite's trust back and unlock his shop

Rewards: Resource development room, Meeting the hero.
Optional Rewards: Expedition team research, Mite's high tech base.

there should be:

- Matis around the front gate. I'm not sure what are the variants.
  - A number of weird statue at the hall.
  - A handful of chimera inside the fort.
  - One of dark lord's agent."

*Dark lord's agent is supposed to be an alchemist
*Matis can be handled by avoiding them
*Chimeras are mixed from different animals

The wind changes direction from west to south. The group split up into 2 party, the scouting team tasked to see jonas's group from a far away and scout if there's any other bizarre thing that darklord's minion up to, the other group approached the front gate of the fort casually, as hope trusted jonas's plan to deal with mati's without making them blow up. As they grow closer towards the front gate. The sound of clashing sword can be heard from outside of the battlefield. As they enter inside the gate. a group of soldier was still fighting the matis continuously. It's like the soldiers are controlled by a puppeteer. Their fight pattern are completely monotonous. Hope was confused by the scenery.

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Hope

"What is happening, why is everyone fighting the matis in here..!?."
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

[Objective: Clear the Matis and advance]
[Optional: Don't let one of the mati blow up and save the other squad member. Reward: Hope Trust +1. Currently her trust point is at 1/5 point.]
[Stage 1/4]

Current map:

*[There are 2 sword wielding mati from the side]
*[2 Bow wielding mati on the water]
*[4 Glove wielding mati]
*[1 Shield wielding mati]
*[3 Squad member auto attacking matis, they seem to be hypnotized]

>>>>>Player Char List

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From distance, the group of scout, waited for jonas to execute his plan. Hope gave them the map of the fort. The following map is:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:30:54 pm by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 21, 2020, 09:30:50 pm »

Mona adjusted her telescopic monocle, and gazed at the walls of the fort. She would cycle through her different vision aspects with Maximized Sensory to see what she could see while still concealed within the forested area, and report her findings to the rest of her squad.

Mona also makes a note of the time of day, and which direction that the shadows are cast upon the ground.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:50:17 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 21, 2020, 09:35:47 pm »

"It is good we got here when we did. It is time to put plan into action! First we must gather their attention. Things will go smoother if we can remove their ranged weapons from the equation, I will attempt to disarm them with my new ability. If you can do the same you may assist, otherwise do what you wish so long as it does not kill them. If my verstehen is correct they should target me, for as we have all recently discovered I am filled with the bloodlust. If we are lucky they will ignore our soldier comrades in favor of doing so."

Opening the fight, Jonas unleashes his bloodlust. He points at the B2 bow Mati's bowstring - with one hand behind his head and the other on his hip. He wasn't sure, but he is pretty sure this is the way to invoke complete erasure. With a verbal "BANG!" he unleashes his assault- attempting to erase enough of the Mati's weapon that it becomes nonfunctional.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 21, 2020, 09:38:42 pm »

Overwatch.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:36 pm »

Make some basic concealed fortifications at our location, and do so at each place we move to. Always include at least one vector of retreat.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2020, 10:25:04 pm »

Joey Bones begins taunting the Mati while rattling his bones, trying to get them to follow and target him away from the fort
"come get me you waste of ecotplasm filth"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 22, 2020, 08:44:25 am »

Keep watch for anything that might attack us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 22, 2020, 09:12:00 am »

Aethyrion eyes the floaty blobs from afar. "Large, check, blue, check, creatures made of mana... yeah probably. I deduce with 98% certainty that these creatures before us are the ones dubbed 'Matis'!" Aethyrion declares with decisiveness.

"Okay so gather their attention..." Aethyrion waves to the Matis, in particular S1. "Hello there Matis! What are you guys doing? What's with those soldier dudes you guys are fighting with?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 22, 2020, 11:09:39 am »

Bori buffs nearest allies with his melodic ballads.
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2020, 11:26:40 am »

so do I borrow now or get closer to the fort?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2020, 03:46:52 pm »

Mona responds. "If you can move deftly underground and tell where we are, then you can burrow whenever you want. Otherwise, I would recommend waiting as I doubt this forest will be where we engage the enemy."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »

Burrow, attempt to move while underground to figure out whether I can or not

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »

Round 1

Player's Turn:

Bori buffs nearest allies with his melodic ballads.

Bori uses his singing tune to buff his ally to deal more damage this turn. Everyone that deals damage this turn will get +2DMG

"It is good we got here when we did. It is time to put plan into action! First we must gather their attention. Things will go smoother if we can remove their ranged weapons from the equation, I will attempt to disarm them with my new ability. If you can do the same you may assist, otherwise do what you wish so long as it does not kill them. If my verstehen is correct they should target me, for as we have all recently discovered I am filled with the bloodlust. If we are lucky they will ignore our soldier comrades in favor of doing so."

Opening the fight, Jonas unleashes his bloodlust. He points at the B2 bow Mati's bowstring - with one hand behind his head and the other on his hip. He wasn't sure, but he is pretty sure this is the way to invoke complete erasure. With a verbal "BANG!" he unleashes his assault- attempting to erase enough of the Mati's weapon that it becomes nonfunctional.

Jonas use his new ability complete erasure to remove mati's bow from it's possession. The bow is part of it's body so the mati takes damage from that attack. After that instance, the bow that was erased from the mati somehow regenerates and materialize back into another bow though it's still incomplete so the mati still won't be able to fire it's arrow this turn.

Hope notices that jonas's bloodlust is gathering all the matis attention. She thinks in her head 'This isn't good, all that attention did not went through to everyone in the party, the matis are targeting only jonas'. She also notices that jonas has more than normal amount of bloodlust, she wont be able to generate that much compared to him. Hope learned that jonas will be prioritized by the mati no matter what. She focuses herself to support jonas so he doesn't die this turn.

Action turn: Hope use her spells duplicate to create layers of shield in front of jonas right now to dampen the effect of the pull the glove wielding mati has right now. The shield is in front of jonas and it's embedded into the ground. (Jonas is not holding the shield)

Counter action:When the glove wielding mati inevitably gonna pull jonas inside the chaos. She will auto cast duplicate once more to create a barricade around jonas to prevent him from being overwhelmed by the matis that is currently out to kill jonas right now. If so, with all of her might, even if it takes to kill her, she wold prevent the mati from ever reaching their attack towards jonas. She's willing to use up all her mana and bleed herself for the sake of protecting him.

Aethyrion eyes the floaty blobs from afar. "Large, check, blue, check, creatures made of mana... yeah probably. I deduce with 98% certainty that these creatures before us are the ones dubbed 'Matis'!" Aethyrion declares with decisiveness.

"Okay so gather their attention..." Aethyrion waves to the Matis, in particular S1. "Hello there Matis! What are you guys doing? What's with those soldier dudes you guys are fighting with?"

Aethyrion approach the shield wielding mati but his question was completely ignored as it was being occupied the soldier fighting the mati. The hypnotized soldier didn't seem to listen to aethyrion question either. They seem to be in the moment of fighting each other.

Joey Bones begins taunting the Mati while rattling his bones, trying to get them to follow and target him away from the fort
"come get me you waste of ecotplasm filth"

The matis ignored the rattling bones as it doesn't interest them due to the lack of battle tendency compared to what jonas is generating right now.

Log:

B2 Mati takes [-4HP from complete erasure] = [6/10HP]

Jonas has [2/2HP shield from hope's duplicate in front of him]

Enemy turn

B2 Mati is starting to regenerate it's bow

G1 Mati pulled jonas's shield in front of him. Jonas didn't hold that shield so the one that is being pulled by the G1 Mati is the shield instead. The shield act as a decoy to prevent jonas from getting pulled. The shield is now gone.

G2 G3 G4 Mati all focuses on jonas from medium range. They all simultaneously pulled jonas towards them. The force was strong enough to send jonas flying. Jonas felt as if the telekinetic force had tear of his body parts due to it's overwhelming amount. Due to his 'Harbinger of destruction' passive a and his previous attack. All the matis in the area are attacking him, at the same time.

B1 Mati shoots at it's arrow towards jonas with great speed. The sword wielding mati from both sides took a mighty swing at jonas. The shield wielding mati lunge it's fist towards jonas's direction. At this same time, hope's counter action activated

Hope's Counter action: Hope use all of her might to create a barricade that would protect jonas from the damage he would likely about to receive. As the attack connects with the barricade, hope started to sweat a lot from her body. The sword make a contact with the barricade and hope then vomited blood from inside her helmet. It's as if her organs was being attacked from the sword attack that is damaging the barricade. The impact from the sword is even strong enough to harm jonas in the process

Jonas survive this turn

Log:

Jonas takes [-6HP from G2,3,4 gravity pull from it's glove] = [4/10HP]

Jonas takes [-2HP from SW1,2 sword attack] = [2/10HP]

Hope takes [-5HP from high energy duplicate output] = [5/10HP]

Current map:

Proceed to Round 2

Meanwhile:

Mona adjusted her telescopic monocle, and gazed at the walls of the fort. She would cycle through her different vision aspects with Maximized Sensory to see what she could see while still concealed within the forested area, and report her findings to the rest of her squad.

Mona also makes a note of the time of day, and which direction that the shadows are cast upon the ground.

Mona scout around the wall area bottom left corner of the map. She uses her maximized sensory to be able to see through it. There was still a couple of soldiers around it that are fighting matis passively. By looking where the sun is located at, she could tell that the time of the day is currently 09:00AM, The shadow is pointing at the right direction of the map.

Overwatch.
Keep watch for anything that might attack us.
Make some basic concealed fortifications at our location, and do so at each place we move to. Always include at least one vector of retreat.

Unknown, durg and 82-B are bracing themselves for any hostile, should they arrive at any second they'll be prepared for counter attack and prepare themselves a way to retreat from battle.

Burrow, attempt to move while underground to figure out whether I can or not

Shara attempts to burrow under the ground only to figure out that there's water around the area.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:31:57 pm by Mahoroty »

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2020, 10:30:40 pm »

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Hope

"NOW! BORI! AETHYRION! JOEY! EVERYONE IS FOCUSING ON JONAS! SAVE THE SOLDIERS FROM FIGHTING THE MATI RIGHT NOW AND
  BRING THEM TO SAFETY. JONAS YOU CAN TURN YOUR BLOODLUST OFF NOW THAT THE MATIS ARE TRYING TO KILL YOU!! NOW ALL WE
  NEED TO DO IS TO DEFEND OURSELF FROM THEIR ATTACK UNTIL THEY ALL VANISH FROM THE BATTLE FIELD!" hope asked calmly.
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Hope ready herself for worst case scenario.

Action turn: Hope would use her duplicate ability and combine it with her imrpoved warm light. Combined move success. She created a lantern that heals allies around the area over time.

Counter action: Hope will make her barricade embeded into the ground more and connect itself with each of it's pillar so the glove wielding mati won't be able to tear it off. At the same time, if the sword wielding mati about to take another swing she would reform the barricade into something that would parry the attack as the sword is about to make contact with the barricade.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59