Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67937 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2020, 04:00:59 am »

"I'm afraid that we will have to refuse moving on until we are sure of one small detail."
"ALRIGHT YOU NUMBSKULLS! YOU IDIOT FUCKS HAD BETTER REMEMBER TO NOT ATTACK THE MATI UNTIL THEY'VE DISPERSED! RAISE YOUR HAND TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS EASIER FOR EVERYONE BY SHOOTING YOU IN THE LEG AND MOVING ON WITHOUT YOU!"

Bori raises hand.

"Bori live in village next to river. Bori understand saying 'bigger fish to fry'. Bori love shooting, but Bori can stop shooting and wait so Bori can shoot bigger target instead. Also, Bori doesn't really like fried fish."

"Yes, this sounds most agreeable. Though it will perhaps work on one Mati at a time. I could perhaps take someone along to ensure that I do not meet my end from their continued assault before pulling it off. One or two capable panzers should be enough to soak the blows as I execute the plan. A full third of the glory should be enough for someone as humble as me."

"Bori not much fond of suicide attacks, unless they are done in a manner of Bori's own choosing, rendered in appropriate dramatic fashion. But if comrade need Bori help, Bori willing to aid comrade."

Bori volunteers to join Jonas' retinue, and waits to see if his offer is accepted.
:-(

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2020, 04:07:35 am »

"Bori not much fond of suicide attacks, unless they are done in a manner of Bori's own choosing, rendered in appropriate dramatic fashion. But if comrade need Bori help, Bori willing to aid comrade."

Bori volunteers to join Jonas' retinue, and waits to see if his offer is accepted.

"Is no suicide attack. I accept your offer but do not be disappointed if we all live."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 21, 2020, 06:21:19 am »

I’m staying with Mona. If you;re not telling us the details of the plan, chances are it’s unnecessarily dangerous

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 21, 2020, 06:59:20 am »

Durg eventually shows up to the big meeting that everyone else was already at.
"I only heard the bit about a potential suicide charge or something, and I'm just going to say I'm not interested in joining it."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 21, 2020, 08:07:33 am »

"I am best-suited to defensive operations and other situations where one is both given time to prepare and knows what to prepare for. I will remain with Mona."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 21, 2020, 08:34:41 am »

"Wait what the hell is a Mati? Eh whatever, I'm going with Jonas."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:39 am »

Mati are large blue creatures made of mana that explode on death

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 21, 2020, 08:51:30 am »

"Okay so no attacking large blue creatures made of mana. Got it."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 21, 2020, 03:17:12 pm »

"sounds like a great sight to see, well i'm joining Jonas on the suicidal charge, if things get dicey then just run i'll stay behind and stall it"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 21, 2020, 03:25:36 pm »

“Alright, that should be more than enough people. Let us get going for the glory.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 21, 2020, 03:27:04 pm »

Ready
+Next

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 21, 2020, 03:53:29 pm »

Mona takes note of the protectors that are inclined to search for the dark lord follower with her instead of joining Jonas with his mystery plan.

Unit 82-B, Alvarsia228, Site C Autoframe was a sure thing, at least one of their personalities was even more revolted by Jonas than Mona was. Shara too was at least sensible enough to question him as well. Durg was clearly keen on his continued existence, and the golem engineer also preferred the kind of plan that involved actually planning things ahead of time.

"Given the circumstances here's the plan that comes to my mind. If you have any concerns or disagreements with this plan or have anything you would like to add, let me know immediately and we can negotiate it. Now, while Jonas and his 'Panzers' are off doing their thing, the rest of us will begin the search for the enemy leader. To that end, I would recommend circling the fortress at a distance of no less than a hundred meters..."

Mona taps her telescopic monocle.

"I have the requisite spells and equipment to be able to detect enemies at a long distance and through most kinds of walls; so I should be able to detect the enemy before they detect us... And I'm going to assume all statues are potential hostiles. After we decide on where we should strike, we would then proceed to the setup phase. This part will mostly rely on... Turret guy! Since Jonas will deal with the Mati one way or another, the Chimeras will be the main thing we will need to defend against; as it is to my understanding that the weird statues will not attack us without being provoked. Some basic fortifications and metal spikes protruding from the ground would be an excellent thing to have for this, but as I am not an engineer I will leave the details up to you. During this phase, I would suggest for Shara to find a place to burrow. When the Chimera approach us there will be an opportunity to latch onto one; but if you have a better idea in mind then this is not an essential part of this plan."

"After that, we should try to take down the highest priority target from a distance. I believe that Alvarsia mentioned being able to attack at a long range. Using telekinesis to lift our robotic companion high enough into the air to shoot above the fortress wall, I figure that we can get one attempt to take a highly accurate shot at the enemy leader before the battle begins in earnest. Then from our tactical location outside of the fort, If they wanted to counterattack they would need to use their chimeras; for which we would already be in a formation prepared with them in mind."

Ready to proceed to mission phase
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:56:07 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 21, 2020, 04:05:17 pm »

sounds good to me

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 21, 2020, 06:30:01 pm »

"Because 'statues' are vulnerable to attack while moving, Overwatch should be effective, yes? In case they become unexpectedly hostile, I should be able to take one out before it can strike."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 21, 2020, 07:13:12 pm »

"That is the theory at least. As I have yet to encounter the statues myself, I cannot say with certainty that this is true. I feel I should also add that the book described them as being able to move 'faster than a cheetah'. The book compares a lot of things to cheetahs for some reason."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59