Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67884 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2020, 10:19:16 pm »

"Question, ma'am. I assume that we will need to go into the tower to clear the path to the beacon at the top before you can enter. I also assume that there will be plenty of monsters trying to join in the fight meaning we will need to split the party to have a rear guard for you while the main force clears the tower. Are my assumptions correct?"

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Hope

"I'll head over up the tower by myself considering you lot seem to prefer more open space to deal with those creature(looking at bori)
   You guys handle the ground work while i handle the ones that are inside the tower."
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Mona interjects. "If you just need to light a fire on the tower, I think it might be easier to just maneuver a torch up there via my telekinesis. It would save us the effort of actually having to climb the tower." Mona tapped on her telescopic monocle to indicate that she would be capable of precise telekinetic maneuvers even at long range.

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Hope

"It maybe morning now but out there it's as dark as night. It's worse in night time as well. You won't be able to see anything above that
   tower. I'll use my spell to conjure a lantern that would guide you around. The lantern's capability is somewhat limited so you have to make
   the most out of it by sticking together and don't wander around by yourself. Using your telekinesis from far away would risk being
   ambushed by other creature so it's best to focus on defending yourself than using it for other things."
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

"Don't you have like, wings? You could have volunteered to fly. In either case we will likely have to clear the tower of hostiles anyway. Even if it does drive them away from the tower, they could easily be driven toward the city making the problem worse."

"Err, o-oh yeah, I guess I do... uh, how tall is this tower anyway? If it's over 15 feet then I dunno. It's pretty hard work to fly, y'know. I say we try witch lady's telekinesis thing."

Hope

"The tower is around 25 meter tall. And i wouldn't suggest leaving one of your shield up there while the rest of your party need to fight
   against the lockjaw on the ground."

After the discussion regarding the plan has ended. The band marches into the forest. After minutes of walking, They arrived in an open area. Sandbags and steel barricade around the place. Lockjaws are wandering around the tower. They glanced towards the fleshy creature that was in front of them, they smelled them. Advisor hope that was in front of the formation charges towards them. She shouted.

Hope

"I'll head first to create a distraction. All of you Handle the remaining lockjaws. Godspeed soldiers!"

She leapt over one of the somewhat mutated lockjaw. She smashed through the front door. 3 of the lockjaws followed her into the watch tower while the rest of them kept their attention to the rest of the group.  One of the mutated lockjaw seems different than the other. It walked in all 4. It seemed like it hasn't eaten for 7 days and it's interested to eat the group of people that showed up in front of it. The battle has started.

[Map area]

*[You can use the sandbags and barricade as cover]
*[it's dark outside the lantern]

[Your objective is to clear the lockjaws around the area]

>>>>>Player Char List

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The combat has started, Post your actions below in a post and once everyone has submitted their move, all will be tallied into the end of turn simultaneously)).
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2020, 10:27:01 pm »

Get on top of the ally in front of me and thorn shot Lockjaw 2

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2020, 10:33:14 pm »

Mona was very VERY tempted to mention that magical darkness was no match for her, as her red eyes contained within them the power of Truesight! Though with Lockjaws in striking range it was unfortunately too late for better planning. Mona would need to have an extended chat with a certain advisor later. The thought of just teleporting up there also occurred to her, but she suspected that something nasty would be waiting.

Mona would tell Bori to "Mortar! That one!" and hold out both of her hands in the general direction of Lockjaw #1. She would use her telekinesis to hold Lockjaw #1 in place, making it extremely hard for it to get any closer or evade her allies' deadly explosives.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2020, 11:03:52 pm »

Jonas activates his transformation sequence, entering his Mecha suit! Just the ability to make an unbreakable wall would come in handy given that the enemy is melee focused and we arn't.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2020, 11:05:53 pm »

"Damn it's dark here. May tuhan's light guide us!"

Shoot Lockjaw #1 in its gaping abyss of a face.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2020, 11:14:09 pm »

Your trusty nondescript turrets guy deploys both his original turret in lightning mode and the new ballistic turret. Kill them faster than they can approach, and light them up with the electricity.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:22 am »

Shoot Lockjaw 2 as many times as I can, while keeping my shield ready to block anything it tries to do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:35 am »

Mona would tell Bori to "Mortar! That one!" and hold out both of her hands in the general direction of Lockjaw #1. She would use her telekinesis to hold Lockjaw #1 in place, making it extremely hard for it to get any closer or evade her allies' deadly explosives.

"Sure thing, Bori will fire gun, but shell go where it will, shells land somewhere Bori don't tell them to go, sometime."

Bori fires mortar at suspended Lockjaw #1.
:-(

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2020, 08:49:26 am »

Dr.Z would focus, and channel his newly improved static shield over Durg, given that he is closest to the largest number of foes.
"Keep an eye on the crawling one, it looks more dangerous somehow!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2020, 11:39:31 am »

Round 1 Starts!

Player turn

Get on top of the ally in front of me and thorn shot Lockjaw 2

Shara reposition herself and then shoot her thorns directly right at lockjaw#2

Shoot Lockjaw 2 as many times as I can, while keeping my shield ready to block anything it tries to do.

The gnoll unloaded his mag, shooting lockjaw#2 repeatedly in the chest as it approaches. The weapon recoils as he kept firing his gun dealing less damage

Your trusty nondescript turrets guy deploys both his original turret in lightning mode and the new ballistic turret. Kill them faster than they can approach, and light them up with the electricity.

Unknown erected 2 turrets in front of it. They both shoot at Lockjaw#2

Dr.Z would focus, and channel his newly improved static shield over Durg, given that he is closest to the largest number of foes.
"Keep an eye on the crawling one, it looks more dangerous somehow!"

Dr.z channel his focus to create electrical shield around durg to prevent harms way. It damages the nearby Lockjaws.

Mona was very VERY tempted to mention that magical darkness was no match for her, as her red eyes contained within them the power of Truesight! Though with Lockjaws in striking range it was unfortunately too late for better planning. Mona would need to have an extended chat with a certain advisor later. The thought of just teleporting up there also occurred to her, but she suspected that something nasty would be waiting.

"Sure thing, Bori will fire gun, but shell go where it will, shells land somewhere Bori don't tell them to go, sometime."

Bori fires mortar at suspended Lockjaw #1.

Combined attack success! Lockjaw#1 was not able to evade the attack and took a direct hit from the mortar. Lockjaw#1 is completely staggered.

"Damn it's dark here. May tuhan's light guide us!"

Shoot Lockjaw #1 in its gaping abyss of a face.

Aethyrion fire a round of burst fire towards Lockjaw#1 who is still staggered.

Jonas activates his transformation sequence, entering his Mecha suit! Just the ability to make an unbreakable wall would come in handy given that the enemy is melee focused and we arn't.

Jonas activated the mech suit. The transformation sequence took a bit longer than expected(Around 20 seconds. He spent the time only to enter his mech suit this time)

Log

Lockjaw#2 takes [-2HP from thorns] + [-2-1-1HP from shotgun burst] + [-2-2HP from ballistic turret and lightning turret] [0/10HP] DEAD

Lockjaw#1 takes [-6HP from mortar] + [-2HP from rifle] = [2/10HP] Staggered

Enemy turn

The 7 day lockjaw ran towards them in all four, it stopped briefly to asses the situation at first. After thinking for a while. It then grabbed one of the barricade and toss it upward. The target was none other than the orange haired man and the brown jacket person. The steel barricade made a loud impact as it landed directly towards them. The 7 day lockjaw kept it's distance. It continue to observe from a safe distance preparing itself to retreat if it's prey are trying to focus it.

Lockjaw#1 Can't move

Lockjaw#3 and #4 rushes towards durg this time again. They kept pushing durg's shield making him pinned down in his place. As they attack the electricity emitted around durg manage to damage them after making contact to his shield. It damages them over time.

Log

Lockjaw#1 gains [+1HP from regeneration] = [3/10HP]

Lockjaw#3 and #4 takes [-2HP from improved static shield] = [8/10HP] [8/10HP]

Bori and unknown takes [-4HP from steel barricade] = [6/10HP] [6/10HP] Staggered, can't move around

Durg takes [-3HP from Lockjaw#3 and 4] [7/10HP] Pinned down!

Jonas is in mecha suit now, The suit has [10/10HP]

Current Map:

(END OF TURN 1)

PROCEED TO TURN 2

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2020, 11:45:20 am »

Hunker down under the barricade, and work on improvising some basic medical equipment to bandage up Bori and myself.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2020, 12:40:39 pm »

Jump on top of Lockjaw 3’s head and commence burrowing into the brain, shoot thorns at its hands if it tries to grab me

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2020, 04:02:29 pm »

Mona takes a good look at what she presumed to be the seven days lockjaw. Contrary to the notes she had read, it appears to be more intelligent than the standard variant; being smart enough to throw things to attack and with an impressive amount of strength. The purpose for the quadrupedalism was not immediately clear, but possibly just more efficient with the additional strength. Though she had read about them already, there was no substitute for a first hand account!

Mona used her Analysis ability on the 7 days Lockjaw!

While paying close attention to the 7 days Lockjaw, Mona would be able to react to this particular enemy when it next takes action. If it attempted to throw something again, Mona would use her telekinesis to change the trajectory of the thrown item so that it would miss its mark; possibly nailing a different Lockjaw with it if it was aimed close enough.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2020, 06:10:02 pm »

"Woah that's a lot of enemies. But they are no match for the light of tuhan!"

Aethyrion takes out his sword and points it at the 7 days lockjaw, channeling the power of tuhan!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:27 pm »

"This thing is actually like, really schleppend. I appreciate their dedication to the turtle theme but it will take me a second to kick into gear."

Approach the thee attacking our shield friend, Spherical Discharge and hope that the "enemy" thing meant friendly fire is minimized!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59