Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67858 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2020, 08:27:52 pm »

At Hall of Literature

Mona could not recall any instances of mana being corrupted by ideals alone from her own world. The implication of this was that the influence of the local gods was a larger contributing factor for mana being corrupted than the beliefs of the individuals.

From the books in the knowledge section, the ones that were of interest to Mona were Shadows beyond the darkness, Kolaps's infinite knowledge and Critters and Spirits. In that order.

Mona would go through the index of these books, starting with Shadows beyond the darkness.

Since the end of the standby phase is coming very soon, can you please just give me a list of skill options on the next update?

(Note: + = (passive/toggleable) - = (active))

Mona quickly browse through every index of those books. They read:

Shadow beyond the Darkness Vol.1:

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

True happiness can only be achieved when one find true love. Those light dweller always makes a mockery to us who live in our own
  shadow. However, It's time for a change. The land have been corrupted and it is our duty to contribute as we show them our true ability
  that we can make a difference by wreaking havoc without being known to any of those light dweller. The sun will never rise anymore and
  it will only be eternal night that will bathe us in our victory. To begin our journey to the dark path, this book will give you the overview
  of useful ability such as the following:

+ Dark cover: When you enter a shadow/ in a place with dark enough brightness, become completely invisible, being unable to be detected   
                     by anyone
  + Know Pain: When you receive damage, return an X%amount of damage back to the attacker (only occur once per turn)
  - Momentary death: Become intangible for a brief moment, completely invulnerable to any physical attack
  - Complete black: Cover the sunlight in a large radius, making it seem like it's night already.
  - Banish dimension: Open a rift from an unknown dimension. Can fit up to one adult human.
                             (Can be used as a pocket dimension which you can use to store other stuffs)
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Kolaps's infinite knowledge

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

Studying magic doesn't necessarily comes in elemental sorts. There are other ways we can practice these reality bending magic with our
  knowledge by applying math into the equation. With this book you can learn a collective amount of utility spells that you can use for your
  convenience sake. The abilities are:

- Teleport: Teleport yourself in a short distance (around 30 meters) in an instant.
  - Control Z: Rewind back in time, completely undoing everything that was inflicted upon you from the first turn.
                   (only usable once per 2 turn)
  + Negative Pull: The gravity doesn't bind you to the ground anymore, you can start to float above the ground, gaining more speed.
                        (Not flying in the sky yet)
  - Duplicate: Able to create another object again through your memory. (the duplicated item can't move and only 1 item you can duplicate)
  + Maximized Sensory: You focus your eye and able to see what others can not. Able to detect other stuff that can't be seen in the area
                                Varying from X-ray vision to night vision.
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Critters and spirits

Hello dearest readers! This world have been really going down and it is our duty to repopulate all of the animals and life to restore what
  once a peaceful land back to it's original state. With this book i'll brief you over how to create your own companion and share them to the
  world and with our combined effort, world peace will be achieved once more! The following abilities are:

- Summon Companion: Able to project a living creature serving you in your time of life
  + Symbiotic relationship: You radiate an aura that heals other living creatures near you
  - Peace of mind: You can call upon a peaceful dead and talk with them.
  - Photosynthesize: You're able to give consciousness to plant life to help you on your necessity.
  - Warm light: Create a small sized sun above you, creating a heat that heals other for this turn

At Tuhan's Sanctum

Aethyrion gets startled at the sudden chanting of a crowd; he didn't realize anyone else was there.

"Uagh! What the... um, okay then... yeah... for tuhan... for tuhan... for tuhan... For tuhan....... For tuhan........ For--"

He snaps out of the strange trance.

"Wait what the hell was that!?" He shakes his head trying to awaken himself, feeling a bit confused.

"Err, ehem... well then, right. My destiny will guide me to my perks. Okay, sounds good. Well, thanks nun lady, this was uh, interesting." He glances at the others who were chanting just now and awkwardly waves. "Uh, nice to meet you all too."

He turns back to the nun, who seems to be really tired or something. "By the way are you okay? You look a little pale... which I'm guessing for a human isn't so great." He tries healing her with Holy Flash.

The nun get back on her two feet after aethyrion heals her. She replied

Nun

"Ah..! This magic.. this feels so familiar... Maybe the perk of the rhama branch come sooner than i had expected. You've developed the
   ability to heal others thanks to our lord Tuhan didn't you sir aethyrion! May this blessings be useful later on!"                           →                                                                                                                                         

At Still Alive Inn

A shell, so Turtle Type? It was nice of them to draw a picture easily understood after their civilization fell. We did kinda need an extra tank anyway, even if I was hoping to not get shot at as much as those guys.

Lets put the armor on then go show off to everyone in the inn!

The camera is showing the door to the inn. It quckly pans to the side as a guy in a mecha suit just suddenly burst through the wall kool-aid man style, exposing everyone while they are eating. Everyone in the inn stare in confusion. One of the debris fall on top of durg's food.

Cynthia

"*sigh*.... Really..."                                                     →

She sigh in disappointment while putting both her hands on her face.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:09 pm »

Jonas poses.

"YES REALLY! One of this city's protectors is now the proud owner of a wunderbar suit of armor!"

He changes his pose.

"You may dry your tears and have no fears! For I am now an indestructible panzer!"

For his third pose, he attempts to point at the hole in the wall.

"Watch and be amazed! Deploy-able wall!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2020, 09:35:07 pm »

Mona was quite surprised by the contents of some of these publically available books. Unauthorized posession of some of this knowledge would probably get you arrested or worse back in her homeworld; and for good reason too. But as Mona said before, this world is going to fucking hell!

Say what you will about King Foldman, the experience actually was more valuable than whatever the minimum legal wage was back home. The saying "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" came to mind.

The book "Kolaps's infinite knowledge" contained actual practical information about the casting of both time and space magic. In her homeworld, the latter would probably require Mona to be a tenured professional prior to learning and the former was right out. But here on the other hand... The spell that really jumped out at Mona was "Teleport". 30 meters wasn't all that far, unless you consider the note saying that the effect was instant! Mastering the use of this spell would not only enable Mona to easily control her position on the battlefield making it almost impossible for a Lockjaw to keep her in melee range, but also enable her to escape in the event that a Lockjaw was actually able to grab her! It was the perfect spell for her current situation.

Mona would spend some time going over the Teleport skill. She would also ask Yneth if she could check out the Horrors of this world Vol.1 book so that she could read it later.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:26 pm »

The nameless engineer works on their turret late into the night, without any indication of exhaustion. They do not go to the inn.
+Next
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2020, 12:58:57 am »

The nun get back on her two feet after aethyrion heals her. She replied

Nun

"Ah..! This magic.. this feels so familiar... Maybe the perk of the rhama branch come sooner than i had expected. You've developed the
   ability to heal others thanks to our lord Tuhan didn't you sir aethyrion! May this blessings be useful later on!"                           →                                                                                                                                         

"Err, n-no actually I had that ability from before, I'm pretty sure. For you see, I am..."

He pauses for dramatic tension.

" . . . A   c e l e s t i a l   b e i n g ! ! "

His wings spread at that moment, shining luminous light outwards. A holy fanfare could be heard coming from everywhere and nowhere.

"Just don't ask why I'm here in this realm. Also, glad you're feeling better."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2020, 05:46:46 am »

At Hall of Literature

Mona would spend some time going over the Teleport skill. She would also ask Yneth if she could check out the Horrors of this world Vol.1 book so that she could read it later.

The written words in the book regarding teleportation started to glow. The book rumbles. It then stopped after a while.

Yneth

"Here's the book you ordered Ms.Mona!"                                                                                                                            →

Yneth hands over the Horros of this world Vol.1 to Mona barrows.

At Tuhan's Sanctum

"Err, n-no actually I had that ability from before, I'm pretty sure. For you see, I am..."

" . . . A   c e l e s t i a l   b e i n g ! ! "

His wings spread at that moment, shining luminous light outwards. A holy fanfare could be heard coming from everywhere and nowhere.

"Just don't ask why I'm here in this realm. Also, glad you're feeling better."

She was in awe at the presence of this aethyrion being. She comments:

Nun

"Goodness you're... So you're..."                                                                                                                                       →                                                                                                                                         

She pauses and then..

Nun

"You're one of tuhan's agent sent to aid us in our time of need! There's no mistaking it. The rhama branch has given you wings.. this glow.
   This power... You may thank our lord for it has given you this gift. Praise Tuhan!."                                                                      →                                                                                                                                         

The people around started chanting the name tuhan again for 16 times.

At Still Alive Inn

Jonas poses.

"YES REALLY! One of this city's protectors is now the proud owner of a wunderbar suit of armor!"

He changes his pose.

"You may dry your tears and have no fears! For I am now an indestructible panzer!"

For his third pose, he attempts to point at the hole in the wall.

"Watch and be amazed! Deploy-able wall!"

The suit shoot out a deploy able below the destroyed wall. It then erected a holographic shield covering the large hole. Everyone gasped in amazement. People from outside made a comment about it.

Random person

"Woah! I can still see through it."                                                                                                                                       →

Cynthia

"..."                                                                                                                                                                             →

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2020, 07:51:51 am »

Next, Mona figured she would need to practice with this new ability. Trying something like teleportation for the first time and getting stuck in a wall or something would not be ideal in an actual combat scenario after all.

Mona would step outside of the Hall of Literature and attempt the following things after ensuring that there was sufficient space:
- Teleport forward about 5 meters into an open are.
- Teleport 5 meters forward, then 5 meters back in the same turn.
- Teleport 5 meters forward, punch the air in front of her, then teleport 5 meters back in the same turn.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2020, 08:20:43 am »

"Look at you with your fancy armour coming in here wrecking the place filling my lobster with drywall, you know your probably going to have to pay for the damages."
Durg then picks the bits of wall out of his food, +Next.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:51 am »

The camera is showing the door to the inn. It quckly pans to the side as a guy in a mecha suit just suddenly burst through the wall kool-aid man style, exposing everyone while they are eating. Everyone in the inn stare in confusion. One of the debris fall on top of durg's food.

"Bori very impress. Bori would like to try out shooting at suit with big gun... to help comrade test for strength of course!"

"Look at you with your fancy armour coming in here wrecking the place filling my lobster with drywall, you know your probably going to have to pay for the damages."

"Is maybe ok, we make 5-year strides to aid comrade premier and glorious nation to fight enemy yes? One wall should not discourage us so. Bori think more we destroy, more we progress."

Bori helps himself to some of Durg's lunch. +Next
:-(

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17:00 am »

At Hall of Literature

Next, Mona figured she would need to practice with this new ability. Trying something like teleportation for the first time and getting stuck in a wall or something would not be ideal in an actual combat scenario after all.

Mona would step outside of the Hall of Literature and attempt the following things after ensuring that there was sufficient space:
- Teleport forward about 5 meters into an open are.
- Teleport 5 meters forward, then 5 meters back in the same turn.
- Teleport 5 meters forward, punch the air in front of her, then teleport 5 meters back in the same turn.

Mona kept leaping between spaces. She first arrive on an open street. Everyone glances towards the disappearing woman in purple who kept blinking from one place to another. She throw a punch on the air but it actually landed on a random person. The person was knocked unconscious. Everyone on the street yelled out.

Random person

"SHE WITCH, SHES NOT A PROTECTOR SHES A WITCH. BURN HER BEFORE SHE GROWS MORE POWERFUL!!!"                                    →

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2020, 11:19:36 am »

Cynthia

"..."                                                                                                                                                                             →

"Speechless, yes? An understandable response! I have no idea how long that wall will last. I just kinda skimmed the manual. It could verschwinden at any moment. Or it could last forever. Maybe start a betting pool."

"I fear not having to pay for things, as I am like you flat bankrott!"

"Bori very impress. Bori would like to try out shooting at suit with big gun... to help comrade test for strength of course!"

"Is maybe ok, we make 5-year strides to aid comrade premier and glorious nation to fight enemy yes? One wall should not discourage us so. Bori think more we destroy, more we progress."

Bori helps himself to some of Durg's lunch. +Next

"I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to in time! Hopefully you will allow me to toggle the invulnerability switch first."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2020, 01:27:14 pm »

She was in awe at the presence of this aethyrion being. She comments:

Nun

"Goodness you're... So you're..."                                                                                                                                       →                                                                                                                                         

She pauses and then..

Nun

"You're one of tuhan's agent sent to aid us in our time of need! There's no mistaking it. The rhama branch has given you wings.. this glow.
   This power... You may thank our lord for it has given you this gift. Praise Tuhan!."                                                                      →                                                                                                                                         

The people around started chanting the name tuhan again for 16 times.

"Err, n-no actually I already had wings from before, I'm pretty sure. For you see, I am..."

" . . . A   c e l e s t i a l-- "

"--Wait I think I already said this. Uh, well anyway. Perhaps I am an agent of tuhan, I just didn't know it... huh..."

He joins in with the chanting of tuhan.

"Alright fellow devotees of tuhan, I think I must be going now, for the world needs the light of tuhan to shine upon its darkness! Until next we meet, let us carve out a world worthy of tuhan! For tuhan!"

With that, Aethyrion bids farewell to the nun and leaves the sanctum. Outside, he notices a small crowd has gathered, shouting something about a witch.

"Looks like a job for an agent of tuhan!"

He walks towards the crowd to see what's going on.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2020, 04:13:33 pm »

Despite having checked to ensure that she had enough space, it seemed that Mona had struck someone regardless. Mona then glanced at her Ring of the Doom Covenant. She really should have thought to take that off prior to casting unfamiliar magic.

Mona would make a note on how far she actually teleported when intending to move 5 meters.

Mona figured she would make an attempt to explain the situation, though just teleporting away was a tempting alternative.

"First of all that was an accident, for which I'll need to apologize for in earnest later."

Mona would then approach and point to the random person who made the witch comment.

"Second, what the hell are you going on about you imbecile!? So what if I am a witch? I'm risking my life and neck out there on behalf of you illiterate twits! How do you think I can fight a Lockjaw and win? Do you expect me to wrestle it to death or something stupid like that? If you think that would work then I'd like to see you try it! And furthermore, the hall of literature RIGHT OVER THERE contains books with instructions on exactly the spell that I was just casting! So if you have any qualms about the utilization of magic you can take it right up with King Foldman, who by the way, deliberately called upon guards that use it!"

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2020, 08:20:33 pm »

At a random street

Despite having checked to ensure that she had enough space, it seemed that Mona had struck someone regardless. Mona then glanced at her Ring of the Doom Covenant. She really should have thought to take that off prior to casting unfamiliar magic.

Mona would make a note on how far she actually teleported when intending to move 5 meters.

Mona figured she would make an attempt to explain the situation, though just teleporting away was a tempting alternative.

"First of all that was an accident, for which I'll need to apologize for in earnest later."

Mona would then approach and point to the random person who made the witch comment.

"Second, what the hell are you going on about you imbecile!? So what if I am a witch? I'm risking my life and neck out there on behalf of you illiterate twits! How do you think I can fight a Lockjaw and win? Do you expect me to wrestle it to death or something stupid like that? If you think that would work then I'd like to see you try it! And furthermore, the hall of literature RIGHT OVER THERE contains books with instructions on exactly the spell that I was just casting! So if you have any qualms about the utilization of magic you can take it right up with King Foldman, who by the way, deliberately called upon guards that use it!"

Everyone in the area was readying their pitchfork and torch for a riot. The crowd kept increasing because they were curious what the ruckus was about. They all join the mob just for the kicks of it. As the lady explain the herself, unfortunately the civilians attention span is so short, in fact, their brain turned off the moment mona uttered "what the hell". Their expression went blank, and after she finished. A guy replied.

Random person

"WELL YEAH! BUT.... UMM... UHH... YOU'RE PURPLE!! THAT MEANS YOU'RE EVIL!! ISN'T THAT RIGHT FOLKS!!"                                  →

Everyone around started making noises. Their minds are set. They must capture this witch before she can manipulate them with her magic!!

He walks towards the crowd to see what's going on.

Random Person

"Oh, you know a couple of people apparently caught this witch red handed and i'm just here to see what kind of witch are they talking
   abo.... wait, i'm not a random person."                                                                                                                              →

She took a pause and realized that the person who the caught was mona who is one of the guards. She stepped in.

Hope

"Ok EVERYONE LISTEN UP! The lady in purple is not your enemy. She's Here to use her ability to test them out to ensure your safety"  →

Everyone else's attention was directed towards advisor hope. They stopped listening after she said the word "EVERYONE". She pauses thinking how to approach the situation.

Hope

"Purple girl go boom boom on monster so you go choo choo and fun.."                                                                                      →

Random person

"Ahhh!! so that's what it is..."                                                                                      →

They all continue to make noises for a bit and then clear the scenery. Leaving mona alone. Hope then turns around facing her.

Hope

"Ahem.. Sorry about that.. the people can be quite... on the edge with all the weird stuff going on in this city..."                            →

At Still Alive Inn

"Speechless, yes? An understandable response! I have no idea how long that wall will last. I just kinda skimmed the manual. It could verschwinden at any moment. Or it could last forever. Maybe start a betting pool."

Cynthia

"You're not allowed to stay in here..."                                                                                                                                 →
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:27:45 pm by Mahoroty »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2020, 08:35:41 pm »

Mona responds to Hope. There were a few things she felt she should mention.

"Thanks for assisting, though I find the fact that you had to dumb it down for them that much somewhat disturbing. Come to think of it, you don't even have a school around here do you? If the people around here had the capacity to understand basic magic then they would be able to contribute a lot of the defense of this place by firing down upon hostiles from the ramparts... Then again, the thought of that lot having the power to shoot fireballs is not a pleasant one."

"Seriously though, I do feel a bit guilty about hitting the guy. I mean, I'm not above hitting people sometimes but not without a reason. Should have been more careful about that."

"Have there been any issues with people clad in purple around here? I'm not sure if there is a reason for the evil association with the color or if that guy was just... Well, you know. An imbecile."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59